Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Trump booed at World Series
Donald Duck was booed last night at the World Series game with chants of "Lock him up" being chanted by most of the fans. No controlled rally. He went to the game thinking he would be a hero because of that Isis announcement earlier,but left a zero.
Watch the blood drain out of his face.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-booed-world-series-lock-him-up-chant-break-out-during-game-5-between-astros-and-nationals/
How often does Trump go out to be among the people who aren't at a Trump rally?
(10-28-2019, 05:46 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: How often does Trump go out to be among the people who aren't at a Trump rally?

Never?
It's this kind of stuff that really deadens me to the rabidly anti-Trump folks.  One of the biggest complaints about Trump is his complete lack of civility and hateful rhetoric.  The response from people making this complaint appears to frequently be to respond with a lack of civility and hateful rhetoric.  Hard to find anyone to sympathize with in this scenario.
(10-28-2019, 07:59 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It's this kind of stuff that really deadens me to the rabidly anti-Trump folks.  One of the biggest complaints about Trump is his complete lack of civility and hateful rhetoric.  The response from people making this complaint appears to frequently be to respond with a lack of civility and hateful rhetoric.  Hard to find anyone to sympathize with in this scenario.

As to Trump: He reaps what he sows. I can forgive the common folks acting in such a manner; as he has done numerous things beneath the office of POTUS. I don't agree with it; as I think the position (if not the man) deserves a degree of respect. But yeah, the anti-Trumps surrendered any morale high ground quite a while back.

As to the hate: I find it more disturbing when folks simply trying to do their jobs are slurred simply because they work(ed) for Trump. For instance Khamala refusing to attend the event this past weekend because someone she disagreed with was asked to speak; is petty.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-28-2019, 07:59 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It's this kind of stuff that really deadens me to the rabidly anti-Trump folks.  One of the biggest complaints about Trump is his complete lack of civility and hateful rhetoric.  The response from people making this complaint appears to frequently be to respond with a lack of civility and hateful rhetoric.  Hard to find anyone to sympathize with in this scenario.

(10-28-2019, 09:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As to Trump: He reaps what he sows. I can forgive the common folks acting in such a manner; as he has done numerous things beneath the office of POTUS. I don't agree with it; as I think the position (if not the man) deserves a degree of respect. But yeah, the anti-Trumps surrendered any morale high ground quite a while back.

As to the hate: I find it more disturbing when folks simply trying to do their jobs are slurred simply because they work(ed) for Trump. For instance Khamala refusing to attend the event this past weekend because someone she disagreed with was asked to speak; is petty.

Its funny two of the bigger trumpets I "know" seem taken aback by this. Talking about lack of civility and morale high ground... 

When this is the type of shit that only warms up the crowd at his hate rallies before he goes on to spew all types of disrespectful devise nonsense. Straight out of the mouth of the leader of your political party. Night after night on the tax payers dime. How is that not an immediate disqualifying factor for you if you have any type of opinion on this matter at all?
(10-28-2019, 11:52 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Its funny two of the bigger trumpets I "know" seem taken aback by this. Talking about lack of civility and morale high ground...

Don't like Trump, don't consider myself a supporter.  Also don't pee my pants at his every utterance.  You don't get to define me so stop trying.

Quote:When this is the type of shit that only warms up the crowd at his hate rallies before he goes on to spew all types of disrespectful devise nonsense. Straight out of the mouth of the leader of your political party. Night after night on the tax payers dime. How is that not an immediate disqualifying factor for you if you have any type of opinion on this matter at all?

Do you dislike it when he does it?  Then you should dislike this as well.  Don't lecture anyone on a subject while engaging in utter hypocrisy on it.  You want to be unhinged because of Trump, feel free, don't drag me into your inane feedback loop.
(10-28-2019, 11:52 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Its funny two of the bigger trumpets I "know" seem taken aback by this. Talking about lack of civility and morale high ground... 

When this is the type of shit that only warms up the crowd at his hate rallies 

As you said, it's this type of shit. One can either be appalled by said shit or engage in the same shit oneself. One cannot credibly do both really.
Engaging in such behaviour amounts to losing some (not all, there are still nuances) morale high ground to me as well and no one called me a trumpet yet.

It would have been fairly sufficient to just boo him.
(10-28-2019, 09:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As to Trump: He reaps what he sows. I can forgive the common folks acting in such a manner; as he has done numerous things beneath the office of POTUS. I don't agree with it; as I think the position (if not the man) deserves a degree of respect. But yeah, the anti-Trumps surrendered any morale high ground quite a while back.

Morale high ground? Yeah, the pro Trumps never had any to start with.
Too funny. Just like most Trump lovers trying to disassociate themselves from the moron in the whitehouse, the two biggest Trump lovers on this board have turned into the Righteous brothers all of a sudden. Now, both sides do it and its equally bad. They must of lost that loving feeling for their potus.

[Image: t4mfijsthpiihz66g.jpg]
The people engaging in chants like this, whether they be at a Trump rally, the Nats game, or any other place are the lowest common denominator. I will continue to roll my eyes at both of them (but I have to admit to a tiny bit of schadenfreude or I wouldn't be honest with myself).
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-29-2019, 05:21 AM)hollodero Wrote: As you said, it's this type of shit. One can either be appalled by said shit or engage in the same shit oneself. One cannot credibly do both really.
Engaging in such behaviour amounts to losing some (not all, there are still nuances) morale high ground to me as well and no one called me a trumpet yet.

It would have been fairly sufficient to just boo him.

I think there's a fairly big difference between some baseball fans yelling it and having your National Security Advisor yell it at a campaign event. 

It in no way cedes any sort of moral high ground to the collective movement against him, especially not in the same way his actions or the actions of those he picks to be part of his administration would. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(10-29-2019, 12:48 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Do you dislike it when he does it?  Then you should dislike this as well.  Don't lecture anyone on a subject while engaging in utter hypocrisy on it.  You want to be unhinged because of Trump, feel free, don't drag me into your inane feedback loop.

I think there is a difference, however small it may be, between a politician riling up his base with calls for someone to be locked up for "committing a crime" that had been investigated and adjudicated (with a result of: not enough to prosecute or completely innocent, depending on your interpretation of what "innocent" means) and a group of citizens who, through no direct encouragement of any politician, chose to voice their displeasure and disdain for the person in office, who is currently being investigated for committing a variety of crimes (with the evidence beginning to pile up) and potentially being impeached, by ironically using his own chant against him.

Politicians, after all, should be held to a higher standard than normal citizens. It is why we so often talk about things that are "below the office" in regard to the unprofessionalism that Trump exhibits in his day to day operation as President of this country.

From a bird's eye view, it may look like hypocrisy on the surface, but I think the context absolves at least 95 to 99% of that hypocrisy.

I personally think the booing was enough. I wouldn't personally chant lock him up, because the idea of a politician being held accountable for their actions in America is just not a realistic expectation (And I say this for both Democrats and Republicans) and hoping for it is a bit foolish. It is also pretty low brow.

But it was pretty funny that they turned his chant around on him.
Donald Trump wrote that any Republican that doesn't support him is "human scum".  That's just the latest in amazingly shallow and small things he has said and done just since winning the election.

Voters booed him at a baseball game.

And his supporters here (stop trying to pretend, it's embarrassing for you) claim some equivalency?

The same side that wants to "make fun of the libs" for getting "triggered" and "needing safe spaces" are in an uproar and claiming that booing a "man" like Trump cedes an moral high ground?

It would be sad it it were not so funny.

You have lost any possible shred of credibility when claiming you are not a Trump supporter and voted for him.

Any.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-29-2019, 09:03 AM)GMDino Wrote: Donald Trump wrote that any Republican that doesn't support him is "human scum".  That's just the latest in amazingly shallow and small things he has said and done just since winning the election.

Voters booed him at a baseball game.

And his supporters here (stop trying to pretend, it's embarrassing for you) claim some equivalency?

The same side that wants to "make fun of the libs" for getting "triggered" and "needing safe spaces" are in an uproar and claiming that booing a "man" like Trump cedes an moral high ground?

It would be sad it it were not so funny.

You have lost any possible shred of credibility when claiming you are not a Trump supporter and voted for him.

Any.

[Image: 505tx6s6ncv31.png]
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-29-2019, 09:10 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: [Image: 505tx6s6ncv31.png]

B-I-N-G-O
(10-29-2019, 08:42 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I think there's a fairly big difference between some baseball fans yelling it and having your National Security Advisor yell it at a campaign event. 

It in no way cedes any sort of moral high ground to the collective movement against him, especially not in the same way his actions or the actions of those he picks to be part of his administration would. 

I knew i wasnt the only one who had higher standards for government officials than fans at a baseball game.

When i look at the leader of the republican party though it is easy to see some totally fail at having any moral standards at all.
I will say this, this thread is a fascinating study in double think and the lengths some will go to excuse behavior they decry in others. It's also a very interesting example of the concept of you either hate Trump and constantly rail against him or you suckle at his teat and lap up his every word and thought as gospel. The black and white, us and them, childish world view on display is as disheartening as it is pathetic. We are polarized as a nation more than any point in modern history, and you are proudly contributing to it.

I agree Trump shouldn’t try to smear the reputation of his current and former staff members.
(10-29-2019, 10:09 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I will say this, this thread is a fascinating study in double think and the lengths some will go to excuse behavior they decry in others.  It's also a very interesting example of the concept of you either hate Trump and constantly rail against him or you suckle at his teat and lap up his every word and thought as gospel.  The black and white, us and them, childish world view on display is as disheartening as it is pathetic.  We are polarized as a nation more than any point in modern history, and you are proudly contributing to it.

The proof of the "suckling" is in the Trump pudding..."sir".

His supporters (here and in the real world) jumped to his defense because he was booed. And then tried to play it off as "beneath" people to boo someone they don't like when that "man" has brought shame to the office of the presidency with his behavior.

Same people who don't like "the way" some people protest...when it's really just they don't want to admit they support what is being protested.

Truth hurts dude.