Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump campaign demands CNN apologize for poll that shows Biden leading
This is one of the stupidest things I have seen a campaign do.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/10/politics/trump-campaign-cnn-poll/index.html

Quote:Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump's campaign is demanding CNN retract and apologize for a recent poll that showed him well behind presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.

The demand, coming in the form of a cease and desist letter to CNN President Jeff Zucker that contained numerous incorrect and misleading claims, was immediately rejected by the network.

"We stand by our poll," said Matt Dornic, a CNN spokesman.

The CNN poll conducted by SSRS and released on Monday shows Trump trailing the former vice president by 14 points, 55%-41%, among registered voters. It also finds the President's approval rating at 38% -- his worst mark since January 2019, and roughly on par with approval ratings for one-term Presidents Jimmy Carter and George H.W. Bush at this point in their reelection years -- and his disapproval rating at 57%.

In the letter to Zucker, the Trump campaign argued that the CNN poll is "designed to mislead American voters through a biased questionnaire and skewed sampling."

"It's a stunt and a phony poll to cause voter suppression, stifle momentum and enthusiasm for the President, and present a false view generally of the actual support across America for the President," read the letter, signed by the Trump campaign's senior legal adviser Jenna Ellis and chief operating officer Michael Glassner.

The campaign formally requested that CNN retract the poll and publish a "full, fair, and conspicuous retraction, apology, and clarification to correct its misleading conclusions."

David Vigilante, CNN's executive vice president and general counsel, told the campaign that its "allegations and demands are rejected in their entirety."

"To my knowledge, this is the first time in its 40-year history that CNN had been threatened with legal action because an American politician or campaign did not like CNN's polling results," Vigilante wrote in his response. "To the extent we have received legal threats from political leaders in the past, they have typically come from countries like Venezuela or other regimes where there is little or no respect for a free and independent media."

After CNN released the poll earlier this week, Trump tweeted that he had hired Republican pollster McLaughlin & Associates to "analyze" the survey and others "which I felt were FAKE based on the incredible enthusiasm we are receiving." McLaughlin ranks as one of the least accurate pollsters in the industry, as measured by FiveThirtyEight.

But several other polls released over the past few weeks -- including polls by ABC News/Washington Post, Monmouth University, NPR/PBS Newshour/Marist College, NBC News/Wall Street Journal, Quinnipiac University and Fox News -- also show Biden well ahead of Trump. These polls, averaged with the CNN poll, find Biden up by double digits, a result well outside any margin of error.

More at the link, but I think that's enough to get a sense for the idiocy.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
I know I predicted this 4 years ago and i was wrong, but can a Trump News Network be far behind? The guy has a base of people who believe everything from him and nothing from anyone else.

Nothing outside of a poll forecasting the 2020 election being a win for Trump with a magnitude of Reagan over Mondale is going to get his seal of truth.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-11-2020, 11:00 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: This is one of the stupidest things I have seen a campaign do.

"It's a stunt and a phony poll to cause voter suppression, stifle momentum and enthusiasm for the President, and present a false view generally of the actual support across America for the President,"

Well if the MSM is always conspiring to create "fake news" about Trump,

then this could very well be a Faux poll designed to suppress the Trump vote. Big Grin

People will come out in droves to support a law and order president, now that "the left" wants to ban police.
Quote:David Vigilante, CNN's executive vice president and general counsel

Absolutely brilliant.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
(06-11-2020, 11:00 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: This is one of the stupidest things I have seen a campaign do.

More at the link, but I think that's enough to get a sense for the idiocy.

Its not stupid at all. 

The stupidity is doing these kind of polls in the first place. If Biden has such a commanding lead. Then Dems can stay home on voting day and be confident of victory... ask Hillary how that worked out for her. 

This is like Chad/CNN sending Pepto/poll to the opposing DBs/Trump and his supporters. They will bring their "A" game against you and knock you on your ass on Vote day. And then when CA goes to the polls, it won't really matter cause its already game over. 

After that,, there will be endless bitching about majoritynvs electoral votes for 3 years then forgotten again when its vote time.

For giggles, I went to CNN politics.. only 2 of all of their articles didn't mention Trump. Only 1 for Biden (that didn't involve Trump as well), and that was the top 10 women he should pick as a running mate. The other article was about the GOP, but didn't mention Trump. Quite amusing really.
(06-11-2020, 06:08 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: For giggles, I went to CNN politics.. only 2 of all of their articles didn't mention Trump. Only 1 for Biden (that didn't involve Trump as well), and that was the top 10 women he should pick as a running mate. The other article was about the GOP, but didn't mention Trump. Quite amusing really.

I don't get it.  What is "amusing" about any of that?

Trump is by far the biggest political figure in the country?  Why shouldn't he be the subject of most of the political news?

What news source is not talking about Trump right now?
(06-11-2020, 06:08 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: This is like Chad/CNN sending Pepto/poll to the opposing DBs/Trump and his supporters. They will bring their "A" game against you and knock you on your ass on Vote day.

Typical Trump supporter completely clueless about the truth.

Not one single DB on Chad's list shut him down.
What your not seeing is voters who are republican avoid CNN like the plague. Therefore, not taking part in their poll. Watching CNN is equal to watching a group of fortune tellers do SNL skits. Always wrong and stupid. Although, the old SNL was golden.

I demand anyone who watches FNC or CNN for their "news" immediately apologize.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-11-2020, 07:01 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: What your not seeing is voters who are republican avoid CNN like the plague. Therefore, not taking part in their poll. Watching CNN is equal to watching a group of fortune tellers do SNL skits. Always wrong and stupid. Although, the old SNL was golden.

The poll isn't based on who watches CNN. That's not how this works. At all.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
So are the results in for the poll Trump paid someone to do?

(06-11-2020, 08:41 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The poll isn't based on who watches CNN. That's not how this works. At all.

Plus you'd think if they polled 1,300 CNN watchers Biden would be leading by an absurd amount.  

Here is 270 to win...I don't know where they stand or how they got their numbers or if they're some sort of liberal asswipe like CNN, but here you go....

https://www.270towin.com/2020-polls-biden-trump/

Here is a long list......
https://www.270towin.com/2020-polls-biden-trump/national/
(06-11-2020, 07:01 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: What your not seeing is voters who are republican avoid CNN like the plague. Therefore, not taking part in their poll. Watching CNN is equal to watching a group of fortune tellers do SNL skits. Always wrong and stupid. Although, the old SNL was golden.

I think it's more about how they conduct the poll. Seems they call you and many conservatives say "leave me alone, I'm working", while many leftist say "Of course I'll talk to you about how I don't like Trump".

We see the same dynamic here. 

Of course none of that excuses Trump's demand they apologize for it. But he is what he is. 

(06-11-2020, 08:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think it's more about how they conduct the poll. Seems they call you and many conservatives say "leave me alone, I'm working", while many leftist say "Of course I'll talk to you about how I don't like Trump".

We see the same dynamic here. 

Of course none of that excuses Trump's demand they apologize for it. But he is what he is. 

I see.

Trump behind in polls - That's because Trump's supporters are too busy working to make their support known.
Trump is ahead in polls - TRUMP RULES!!!!!!!

It just reminds me of the whole inauguration crowd thing.  Obama had a bigger crowd so neo-cons started arguing that was because only jobless losers have the time to go to such things and then Trump tweeted out that he had the BIGGEST inauguration crowd ever.  People have to get their stories straight.  Who am I kidding, no they don't.
(06-11-2020, 08:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I see.

Trump behind in polls - That's because Trump's supporters are too busy working to make their support known.

It just reminds me of the whole inauguration crowd thing.  Obama had a bigger crowd so neo-cons started arguing that was because only jobless losers have the time to go to such things and then Trump tweeted out that he had the BIGGEST inauguration crowd ever.  People have to get their stories straight.  Who am I kidding, no they don't.

I've never touted a poll regardless of who it indicates is ahead.

But let's try an experiment for the sake of the board:

I'll give you my cell number and Matt can give you his. Call us both up and ask "Do you have time to take a poll about the 2020 election". Then you can post the results. My bet is Biden wins 1-0.

My cell is 1-800-BIG DADI

(06-11-2020, 08:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So are the results in for the poll Trump paid someone to do?

Plus you'd think if they polled 1,300 CNN watchers Biden would be leading by an absurd amount.  

Here is 270 to win...I don't know where they stand or how they got their numbers or if they're some sort of liberal asswipe like CNN, but here you go....

https://www.270towin.com/2020-polls-biden-trump/

Here is a long list......
https://www.270towin.com/2020-polls-biden-trump/national/

270 to win is a good one. I like to look at the RCP average: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_biden-6247.html

And then, of course, th eNate Silver site: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/

(06-11-2020, 09:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've never touted a poll regardless of who it indicates is ahead.

But let's try an experiment for the sake of the board:

I'll give you my cell number and Matt can give you his. Call us both up and ask "Do you have time to take a poll about the 2020 election". Then you can post the results. My bet is Biden wins 1-0.

My cell is 1-800-BIG DADI

So polls are meaningless because you can come up with an example that has a sample size of 2 with 1 participant refusing to answer?  Well, can't argue with that.

Hey, call me and then you can tell CNN that Jesse Ventura is going to win in 2020!
(06-11-2020, 09:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So polls are meaningless because you can come up with an example that has a sample size of 2 with 1 participant refusing to answer?  Well, can't argue with that.

Hey, call me and then you can tell CNN that Jesse Ventura is going to win in 2020!

Nah, polls are meaningless because we don't have President Hillary.

I will call you though. Is your number still 1-800-ITS-TINY?

(06-11-2020, 08:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I see.

I'm trying to be a better poster in P&R. So I deleted the whole paragraph I typed in response to this. So, I will just say history may repeat itself. If I remember correctly, Trump was behind in the polls during the last election and the left was celebrating a crushing victory early. Then, around the hours of 330 to 6pm, the tide started changing quickly. Not sure what caused it, could be Russian interference, or a lot of voters wearing working boots drove to the voting booth. Who knows? I think it was Russian interference. We should focus on that and do an investigation.

(06-11-2020, 09:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nah, polls are meaningless because we don't have President Hillary.

Honestly, this has me wondering if we can find polls where Romney, McCain, Kerry, Dukakis, Bob Dole and so on (other than Thomas Dewey) were expected to win and didn't.  I mean, Hillary did get more votes than Trump, so it's not like that part was off.

(06-11-2020, 09:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I will call you though. Is your number still 1-800-ITS-TINY?

That would be a 900 number, I ain't that cheap. Side note, if you were a woman and made this sick burn I might be getting a little turned on.
(06-11-2020, 09:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That would be a 900 number, I ain't that cheap.  Side note, if you were a woman and made this sick burn I might be getting a little turned on.

Sexists Pig!!!