Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trump delivers great speech in far left leaning NY burrow
Trump was on fire with his 90 minute speech in the Bronx.

I saw a whole bunch of Latinos, Hispanics and African Americans openly telling us nothing Biden can do to win them back. They are not staying home, they are fed up with all Democrats and Trump won their vote.

Each day it is looking more and more like a Trump landslide in the electoral college and very possible winner in the overall vote as well.

All Trump needs now is a conviction in the bogus NY trial to add more voters.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2024, 11:21 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Trump was on fire with his 90 minute speech in the Bronx.

I saw a whole bunch of Latinos, Hispanics and African Americans openly telling us nothing Biden can do to win them back. They are not staying home, they are fed up with all Democrats and Trump won their vote.

Each day it is looking more and more like a Trump landslide in the electoral college and very possible winner in the overall vote as well.

All Trump needs now is a conviction in the bogus NY trial to add more voters.

I hope and agree DJT should win the election. 

With the increased minority block, and the addition of the "Never Joe Biden" voter block out there, now that they've seen just what does does/is, it should be win by a significant margin.

It is hard to come back from things costing 20% more than they did three years ago along giving speeches that need multiple retractions, and close captioning, to understand. Part of the reason I think he will get switched out after his debate with DJT. 

Then democrats can play the angle of seeing the light and moving on to a younger, fresh candidate, different policies, and none of the baggage associated with Biden family.
Reply/Quote
So what made this rendition of his basic speech “great”?

It was the same speech he always gives

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2024, 08:04 AM)pally Wrote: So what made this rendition of his basic speech “great”?

It was the same speech he always gives

If it ain't broke, don't fix it?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
sooner or late MAGA might realize he is making the same promises and complaints as he did in 2015. If he was such a great President why didn't he permanently fix these problems?

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2024, 08:56 AM)pally Wrote: sooner or late MAGA might realize he is making the same promises and complaints as he did in 2015.  If he was such a great President why didn't he permanently fix these problems?

Likely because many of those same issues are still problematic today? 

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2024, 08:56 AM)pally Wrote: sooner or late MAGA might realize he is making the same promises and complaints as he did in 2015.  If he was such a great President why didn't he permanently fix these problems?

He'll announce all the solutions.

In two weeks.   Mellow

All seriousness aside you give MAGA too much credit.  They are all in on Trump no matter what he says, does or lies about.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/trump-brazenly-asks-bronx-crowd-112919787.html

Quote:
[Image: 7b119900-33ff-11eb-bfdb-7285d8d09984]

Trump brazenly asks Bronx crowd if he was ‘hotter’ before or after becoming president

James Liddell
Fri 24 May 2024 at 7:29 am GMT-4·2-min read

Donald Trump has bragged that he was as “hot as a pistol” as he indulged in his own popularity both before and after becoming US president while at his rally in the Bronx.

Speaking at a rally in New York for the first time in eight years, 3,500 people gathered in Crotona Park, South Bronx, on Thursday evening to listen to the Republican presidential candidate.

Drifting away from another anecdote, Mr Trump boasted to the audience about just how “hot” he was, repeating the word five times within a 30 second stint.
[Image: c4d54394718846ea762f3ba04a60e814]
Donald Trump told 3,500 people at his rally in the Bronx that he was ‘hot as a pistol’ on Thursday (AP)

“I was doing great, I was sort of like a hot guy. I was hot as a pistol. I think I’m hotter than I am now and I became president,” the ex-president told the crowd.

“I asked somebody, was I hotter before or hotter now. I don’t know… Who the hell knows? Who the hell cares?,” he added.
Making a neat segue to his own political prowess, Mr Trump continued: “You have to always keep moving forward. And when it’s your time you’ve got to know it’s your time.

“And I said to myself in terms of politics, ‘You know what: we did so well in number one and we did even better in number two… we’ve got to do it again. I’m not doing it for myself, I’m doing it to make America great again,” he added.

For most of the rally, Mr Trump largely played the hits from his 2016 presidential campaign, calling for Hillary Clinton to be “locked up”, quoting anti-migrant fable “The Snake” and telling his supporters that the subway is “worse than a third world country”.
[Image: c7153059f086ad4edbeb8bf54675601b]
A sea of Maga supporters sport their red caps at Donald Trumps New York rally on Thursday (AP)
Crotona Park is among New York’s most diverse areas.

More than 56 per cent of the Bronx’s citizens are Hispanic, and a further 28 per cent are Black, according to latest census data.
“The biggest negative impact [of illegal immigration] is against our Black population and our Hispanic population, who are losing their jobs, losing their housing, losing everything they can lose,” Mr Trump claims.

He is seemingly attempting to make inroads with ethnic minority voters, hoping it can bolster his support in traditionally Democratic strongholds and swing states.
  • Up nextTrump tells crowd at Bronx rally that Mexico border wall was three weeks from completion: LiveOliver O'Connell,Alex Woodward,Joe Sommerlad and Gustaf KilanderFri 24 May 2024 at 6:24 am GMT-4·29-min readDonald Trump has made the extraordinary claim that his US-Mexico border wall was just three weeks from completion when he left the White House during an address to his supporters in New York City, whereas only a fraction of the barrier had been erected by January 2021.In his first rally in the Big Apple in eight years, the Republican presidential candidate told the crowd at Crotona Park in the South Bronx on Thursday: “If a New Yorker can’t save this country, no one can.”Mr Trump also declared he was “thrilled” to be back campaigning in New York, which he modestly claimed to have “helped build”, also using the occasion to attack illegal immigration and make a series of false claims about his record in office.He promised a major mass deportation operation should he regain the Oval Office, pledged to indemnify police officers against prosecution and praised Hungary’s “strongman” prime minister Viktor Orban.It comes after another big week for the former president in the courts.Manhattan prosecutors and defense attorneys rested their cases in his high-profile hush money trial ahead of closing arguments on Tuesday while a Florida pre-trial hearing into the classified documents against him collapsed into a chaotic shouting match.Key Points
    • Trump claims signature border wall was three weeks from completion at South Bronx rally
    • Republican tells supporters: ‘If a New Yorker can’t save this country, no one can’
    • Trump guest apologises for Judge Merchan ‘on behalf of Hispanics’ at Bronx rally
    • In pictures: MAGA loyalists gather for latest Trump campaign address

So a rambling speech full of self-bravado and lies?  Yeah.  of course MAGA loved it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Joe Biden says hello in there.
Reply/Quote
Did he ever answer how he got up and put his pants on in the mornings? Curious minds need to know!
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2024, 09:13 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Joe Biden says hello in there.

[Image: joe-biden-d59d8c4688ed515d3c75d28d8629b3...=85&f=webp]
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2024, 09:34 AM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: joe-biden-d59d8c4688ed515d3c75d28d8629b3...=85&f=webp]

They must have shot that one shortly after his daily psychotropic cocktail..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2024, 09:58 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They must have shot that one shortly after his daily psychotropic cocktail..

Every accusation by the right is an admission.

https://x.com/greggrunberg/status/1303052051547435008

[Image: Screenshot-2024-05-24-090629.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2024, 08:58 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Likely because many of those same issues are still problematic today? 

Because despite his promises he failed to fix any of them. Every time it got hard he gave up. The so-called "great negotiator" showed us he couldn't negotiate himself out of a paper bag

Still curious as to what made this particular speech “great”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reply/Quote

He did fix some things, Didn't you see all the EO's Biden did in his first month that UN-Did alot of the work Trump had been doing? 
If Trump wins, he will likely spend the first month undoing what Biden did. IT's becoming a stupid game of back and forth.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2024, 01:08 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: He did fix some things, Didn't you see all the EO's Biden did in his first month that UN-Did alot of the work Trump had been doing? 
If Trump wins, he will likely spend the first month undoing what Biden did. IT's becoming a stupid game of back and forth.

I think stuff like this is why a growing number of Americans are staring to entertain argument of not letting dumbass voters (who use their emotions and bias more than their brains) have a chance to undo all the success they're having every 4 years.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2024, 10:07 AM)GMDino Wrote: Every accusation by the right is an admission.

There it is.

The rallying cry of whataboutism.

Reply/Quote
He never made a good speech, he's a terrible orator.

The most challenged political individual in a standpoint of intelligence.

Everyone has the idols he deserves, I guess.

His only talent is to be the kid of a billionnaire.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2024, 01:08 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: He did fix some things, Didn't you see all the EO's Biden did in his first month that UN-Did alot of the work Trump had been doing? 

Executive orders don't fix anything permanently only legislation can do that.  They look pretty to the masses but don't pull the curtains back

Being forced to run the government by EO is a sign of how hapless Trump was at negotiating with Congress and getting meaningful legislation passed

Trump promised wholesale changes to immigration, healthcare, and infrastructure...he succeeded at none of them

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2024, 03:49 PM)pally Wrote: Trump promised wholesale changes to immigration, healthcare, and infrastructure...he succeeded at none of them

I'll give credit to Trump, he's really popular with a lot of people.  That's the point of this thread after all.  With that being said, I think he's too popular, as in he can get re-elected and then he's SO popular that he can just say "everything is the best it's ever been right now since I'm president" and a lot of people will believe him and he won't have to actually fix all that much.

Trump's gonna get re-elected and overnight millions of Americans are going to just flip a switch and turn into Candide. 
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2024, 03:49 PM)pally Wrote: Executive orders don't fix anything permanently only legislation can do that.  They look pretty to the masses but don't pull the curtains back

Being forced to run the government by EO is a sign of how hapless Trump was at negotiating with Congress and getting meaningful legislation passed

Trump promised wholesale changes to immigration, healthcare, and infrastructure...he succeeded at none of them

You almost had me til you said immigration.
Reply/Quote