Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump doesn't like when the debates are...blames Clinton.
Except the dates were set last September.

Quote:http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/289866-trump-floats-opposition-to-debate-schedule

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump tweeted his opposition late Friday to the general election debate schedule against Democrat Hillary Clinton, calling the current lineup “unacceptable.”

Trump frequently took exception to the handling of the GOP primary debates, going so far as to skip the final event before the Iowa caucus amid a feud with Fox News.

Clinton’s Democratic rival Sen. Bernie Sanders(Vt.) also voiced dissatisfaction with their primary debate schedule, accusing Democrats of banishing the forums to time slots doomed to low viewership.

This year’s general election is set to include three presidential and one vice presidential debates, all announced on Sept. 23 of last year by the bipartisan Commission on Presidential Debates.

Two of the presidential debates do indeed coincide with NFL games: The first, on Monday, Sept. 26, falls the same evening as a matchup between the Atlanta Falcons and New Orleans Saints. And the second, set for Sunday, Oct. 9, will air opposite a game between the New York Giants and Green Bay Packers.

He is delusional and has very little contact with reality.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
In his defense, those are some ridiculous dates. Especially when you consider they are going head to head with the NFL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(07-30-2016, 02:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In his defense, those are some ridiculous dates.  Especially when you consider they are going head to head with the NFL.

Then a rational person would say that and not:

[Image: 0730161.jpg]

Sorry.  Forgot this was Trump when I said "rational".

He's a third grader with a bank account.
(07-30-2016, 02:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: Then a rational person would say that and not:

[Image: 0730161.jpg]

Sorry.  Forgot this was Trump when I said "rational".

He's a third grader with a bank account.
I'm willing to bet he's got several bank accounts.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(07-30-2016, 03:24 PM)McC Wrote: I'm willing to bet he's got several bank accounts.

Which shows money can't buy class.

Or brains.

Or sense.

Smirk
Those clown show debates will be far more entertaining than those sorry games.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(07-30-2016, 03:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: Which shows money can't buy class.

Or brains.

Or sense.

Smirk

No, but it can buy the presidency.  Ask Barry.  Worked for him twice.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

(07-30-2016, 07:10 PM)McC Wrote: No, but it can buy the presidency.  Ask Barry.  Worked for him twice.

Wait, are we saying a black guy born in a Kenyan hut outbid a bunch of born-rich Republicans for the Presidency?  You have to admit that is pretty impressive.

Anyways, my preference to watch football over a debate between these two candidates isn't due to a love of football. I'd probably watch a competitive tiddlywinks match rather than the entirety of the debates BUT I'll keep my options open.
(08-02-2016, 12:33 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Wait, are we saying a black guy born in a Kenyan hut outbid a bunch of born-rich Republicans for the Presidency?  You have to admit that is pretty impressive.

Anyways, my preference to watch football over a debate between these two candidates isn't due to a love of football.  I'd probably watch a competitive tiddlywinks match rather than the entirety of the debates BUT I'll keep my options open.

When it's not your money to begin with....
Anther lie...from Trump.

http://www.redstate.com/joesquire/2016/07/30/nfl-calls-trump-another-lie/

Quote:Donald Trump appears to have been caught in another lie, and this time it's the NFL calling him out on it. Earlier today,he made headlines during his interview with George Stephanopoulos when he compared getting rich to a soldier sacrificing his life for his country. But that wasn't the only dumb thing he was capable of in a single interview.

When asked about the debate schedule, Trump replied with "I'll tell you what I don't like. It's against two NFL games. I got a letter from the NFL saying, 'This is ridiculous.'" As a matter of fact, the debate schedule does clash with a couple of NFL games, and that can certainly upset someone whose entire campaign has been built around the idea of getting as much media attention as possible.

However, there's a problem with Trump's claim - the NFL denies it sent a letter. "While we'd obviously wish the debate commission could find another night," a spokesperson from the NFL said, "we did not send a letter to Trump."

We know where this is going - Trump can generate some big headlines by raising speculation over whether or not he's going to appear in any of the debates. Journalists are already latching on to that story, and it will buzz louder and louder until the night of the first debate, September 29, which is slated to compete against Monday Night Football. If one assumes that Trump's entire plan revolves around publicity, then you know he is trying to lure people away from football night and to the debate, where he will inevitably appear.

The problem is no one is going to remember this part of it - the part where he lied about the NFL sending him a letter. It was a useless lie. Why would you even do that?

The answer to that question is also sadly simple. The American public has a short attention span when it comes to political drama, and the media already tossing out "WILL TRUMP EVEN APPEAR AT THE DEBATES?!" just helps them forget about this part.
Big whoo, could've been from a player or an owner or a fan, who knows.
He didn't say who it came from.

Anyways, moving on, if he did lie about it, then at least it didn't cost anyone their life.
(08-02-2016, 10:26 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Big whoo, could've been from a player or an owner or a fan, who knows.

Mellow

Quote:I got a letter from the NFL saying, 'This is ridiculous.'"

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/trump-says-nfl-sent-him-a-letter-railing-against-ridiculous-debate-schedule-but-the-nfl-says-they-didnt/

(08-02-2016, 10:26 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Anyways, moving on, if he did lie about it, then at least it didn't cost anyone their life.

At the rate he lies let's not give him that opportunity by making him President.

ThumbsUp
(08-02-2016, 10:31 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/trump-says-nfl-sent-him-a-letter-railing-against-ridiculous-debate-schedule-but-the-nfl-says-they-didnt/

At the rate he lies let's not give him that opportunity by making him President.

ThumbsUp

Again big whoop.

He's got a long ways to go to catch up to "Defender of Child Rapists".
(08-02-2016, 10:42 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Again big whoop.

He's got a long ways to go to catch up to "Defender of Child Rapists".

Absolutely!

All those years of law school...have to pass the bar.....get assigned a case like that...have to take the prosecutions plea agreement after their case falls apart due to their own mishandling of the case.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/05/19/did-clinton-laugh-about-a-rapists-light-sentence-and-attack-sexual-harassment-victims/

Quote:In 1975, Clinton – then Hillary Rodham – was a 27-year-old law professor running a legal aid clinic in the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville. After a 41-year-old factory worker was accused of raping a 12-year-old girl, he asked the judge to replace his male court-appointed lawyer with a female attorney. The judge went through the list of a half-dozen women practicing law in the county and picked Clinton.

On the recording, Clinton describes it as a “terrible case” and also “fascinating.” In her autobiography, “Living History,” Clinton wrote, “I told [prosecutor] Mahlon [Gibson] I really don’t feel comfortable taking on such a client, but Mahlon gently reminded me that I couldn’t very well refuse the judge’s request.” Gibson has confirmed that account in interviews with Newsday and CNN, saying Clinton told him: “I don’t want to represent this guy. I just can’t stand this. I don’t want to get involved. Can you get me off?”  (On the tape, Clinton says the prosecutor asked if she could take the case “a favor to him.”)

In other words, Clinton was a court-appointed attorney, given the case despite personal objections. (As Newsday put it, “Her approach, then and now, was to immerse herself in even unpleasant tasks with a will to win.”) Once appointed, she aggressively defended the alleged rapist; at one point, she attacked the 12-year-old’s credibility, writing in an affidavit that she had been informed “the complainant is emotionally unstable with a tendency to seek out older men and to engage in fantasizing.” An investigator on the case told Newsday that there were “serious inconsistencies” in the victim’s statements about the incident, in part because of her “infatuation” with a 15-year-old boy who was also present and told authorities he had sex with her.

Ultimately, the prosecution’s case fell apart for a number of reasons, including investigators mishandling evidence of bloody underwear, so in a plea agreement the charges were reducedfrom first-degree rape to unlawful fondling of a minor under the age of 14. Until the Newsday report, the victim did not realize that Clinton had been the lawyer on the other side. She has since attacked Clinton for putting “me through hell.”

That would take forever!

Mellow

But maybe you can move the target (again) and try (again) to defend Trump's lying....again.
What difference does it make?
She still defended and attacked the credibility of a 12 year old that was raped by an adult. She knew he was guilty, as she said she no longer trusted polygraph tests after this case. Some protector of women and childeen she is. She lets her own husband get away with sexual assault and he has shown a pattern of it. Where as anyone else that shows a partern (cosby) goes to jail.
(08-03-2016, 10:51 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: What difference does it make?
She still defended and attacked the credibility of a 12 year old that was raped by an adult. She knew he was guilty, as she said she no longer trusted polygraph tests after this case. Some protector of women and childeen she is. She lets her own husband get away with sexual assault and he has shown a pattern of it. Where as anyone else that shows a partern (cosby) goes to jail.

The difference is it was her job, and the prosecution blew it.

If she had taken the case and lost would that matter to you?

Cosby isn't in jail.

ThumbsUp
(08-02-2016, 10:26 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Big whoo, could've been from a player or an owner or a fan, who knows.

Anyways, moving on, if he did lie about it, then at least it didn't cost anyone their life.

I don't know if you're a Trump supporter, but this sums up their brainless support for him. Trump blatantly lies and they write it off. 

"Hillary is rigging the debate schedule", except she wasn't involved in it, the two parties set it a year ago. Response: "Yea, the Donald is right!"

"The NFL sent me a letter saying it was ridiculous", except they said they didn't. Response: "It could have been from a fan!" (but he said "the NFL"...?)

"The fire marshal is a bum who is limiting attendance here because he is a Hillary supporter". Wait... didn't the fire department just rescue you from an elevator? Response: "Yea! First responders are the worst!"

"The fire marshals won't let us put 5000 people in a 1000 maximum occupancy room. What a political hack." Except his campaign knew in advance that there was a limit. Response: "He should be in prison with Hillary!"
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(08-03-2016, 12:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't know if you're a Trump supporter, but this sums up their brainless support for him. Trump blatantly lies and they write it off. 

"Hillary is rigging the debate schedule", except she wasn't involved in it, the two parties set it a year ago. Response: "Yea, the Donald is right!"

"The NFL sent me a letter saying it was ridiculous", except they said they didn't. Response: "It could have been from a fan!" (but he said "the NFL"...?)

"The fire marshal is a bum who is limiting attendance here because he is a Hillary supporter". Wait... didn't the fire department just rescue you from an elevator? Response: "Yea! First responders are the worst!"

"The fire marshals won't let us put 5000 people in a 1000 maximum occupancy room. What a political hack." Except his campaign knew in advance that there was a limit. Response: "He should be in prison with Hillary!"

Don't forget that Clinton is a liar and wears ugly pantsuits.  

I get that a lot.

Every day.

Smirk
(08-03-2016, 12:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't know if you're a Trump supporter, but this sums up their brainless support for him. Trump blatantly lies and they write it off. 

Both candidates have some serious flaws.
Both will lie/exaggerate and both will find a way to blame each other.
This is all nothing new in the game, we should be used to it by now.

So far, what I have seen from both, is that both will outright lie about something. However, only 1 of the 2 has deleted over 30,000 emails from a Private Server that had Confidential information on it. You are a fool if you honestly believe that she never received a single piece of top secret email, the retroactive bs would be fine, if there was only a few, it might work, but the FBI told us there was over 100. That alone is a serious violation of our laws. She did the private server so she could skirt the FOI law. She played the "dumb" card to Americans, even though it's obvious she knew what she was doing. Sadly for her, the polls are reflecting that the American public isn't buying it.

Gonna tell us next that Trump hates Babies?
(08-03-2016, 12:20 PM)GMDino Wrote: Don't forget that Clinton is a liar and wears ugly pantsuits.  

I get that a lot.

Every day.

Smirk

Well, both are true.