Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Trump election lawyer pleads guilty to attempting to overthrow our democracy
(10-20-2023, 11:00 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I mean I'm right there with both of you - I'm simply pointing out that dude wasn't lying when he said he could kill someone in Times Square and people would still love him (or whatever it was - I'm dead tired and can't think straight right now).

It'd be fascinating if it wasn't getting people to act in their worst impulses.

That's what I was going to bring up in the fake news thread...people are angry.  There is big money in feeding our addictions to self-righteous rage.  The issue is that you don't often hear people saying "I was overcome with anger...and then I made the best decision of my life and I'm really grateful I did it and I owe it all to being blinded with rage!"

The most cynical part of me is convinced in 9/11 happened today half of the country would cheer (ditto for if Florida were wiped out by a cataclysmic natural disaster while DeSantis fiddled far away in safety).  We love to hate, and when people love to hate they can only hate the outside world for so long before to take it out on those within your own house.  Thems the breaks. 

It's anger and it's an addiction.  Most people don't credit anger and addiction for their successes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2023, 11:04 AM)Nately120 Wrote: That's what I was going to bring up in the fake news thread...people are angry.  There is big money in feeding our addictions to self-righteous rage.  The issue is that you don't often hear people saying "I was overcome with anger...and then I made the best decision of my life and I'm really grateful I did it and I owe it all to being blinded with rage!"

The most cynical part of me is convinced in 9/11 happened today half of the country would cheer (ditto for if Florida were wiped out by a cataclysmic natural disaster while DeSantis fiddled far away in safety).  We love to hate, and when people love to hate they can only hate the outside world for so long before to take it out on those within your own house.  Thems the breaks. 

It's anger and it's an addiction.  Most people don't credit anger and addiction for their successes.

They've always been angry.

There is ALWAYS a group that is angry.  Angry that Trump is being held accountable.  Angry that Biden won. Angry that Clinton lost. Angry that a black man was POTUS. Angry that GW isn't tried for war crimes. Angry that Bill Clinton got a BJ. Angry Bush the 1st raised taxes. Angry that Reagan dealt arms to Iran. Angry that Carter let Iran hold our hostages. Angry that women could get credit cards on their own. Angry that Ford was even POTUS. Angry that Nixon resigned instead of fighting. Angry at the Civil Rights Act. Angry at the conspiracy behind the JFK assassination. Angry that women got the right to vote. Angry at the 40 hour work week. Angry at child labor laws. Angry at unions. Angry at ending slavery. Angry that we fought England.

Always.

But it was refined and used by Newt Gingrich in the 90's to create  a solid voting bloc.

(BTW, that 1995 article is FILLED with tidbits like his wife saying he can't run for POTUS unless she agrees...meanwhile he has an affair and leaves her four years later.)

The talking heads tried to deny it, but the angry white guy was their building bloc then just as the Southern Strategy was in the 70's.  And the Venn diagram of those two things is a circle too...lol.

What we see with the P01135809 supporters is just a continuation:  *I* have been wronged!  Things changed and *I* do not like it!  People are different than *ME*!  Eet cetera, et cetera..."Fax mentis incendium gloria cultum," et cetera, et cetera..."Memo bis punitor delicatum!" It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal!

And YES the media feeds it because they make money off it!  

Why do you hate capitalism?!?!  Ninja

The question I asked before is:  IF/when P01135809 stops running for office does the gop try to get back to rational, policy driven candidates or continue to cater to the MAGA crowd because they created a monster that they cannot afford to lose control of?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2023, 11:25 AM)GMDino Wrote: The question I asked before is:  IF/when P01135809 stops running for office does the gop try to get back to rational, policy driven candidates or continue to cater to the MAGA crowd because they created a monster that they cannot afford to lose control of?

It depends if Trump wins in 2024 or not.  If he loses in 2024 it'll be interesting to see how people react to him going back to the "it was rigged, I'll fight it, I'll be back in 2028" well again.  If he wins, who knows...

Going into the 2022 midterms I said if Hershel Walker and Dr Oz and Kari Lake beat their more regular ol' politician opponents it might be possible a new era of mainstream "AS SEEN ON TV" politics emerges, or is doubled-down upon given the Regan/Trump narrative of the GOP.  It didn't happen, but the idea itself clearly isn't dead.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2023, 06:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Initial thoughts:

1. her sentence is so light, she must have some good info to sing sing sing

2. she might "fall out of a window" before she gets to testify

Also, Sydney Powell's rules of probation are very tight as she's not allowed to discuss anything with any other of the co-conspirators.  Powell has over six years in the Fulton County jail (Downtown Atlanta) hanging over her head and that's no cakewalk. She has given very damning information on Trump including private emails, recorded conversations, and texts. If Powell changes her story or doesn't comply with DA Willis' office in any way, she could be found guilty of violating the terms of her probation and ordered to county jail for over six years. 

This is why a sworn deposition is a very effective tool b/c it's taken under oath and nails the defendant down to a story.  If she tries to change her story, she could be charged with perjury.  

So to your 
# 1 DA Willis has what she needs;
# 2 Powell might be safer in the Fulton County jail until the trial is over.
Reply/Quote
It is being reported now that another lawyer, Kenneth Chesebro is expected to take a plea as well.

And he has

Chesebro was the architecht of the fake elector scheme

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Why isn't this in the Biden and Trump section of the sub-forum? I've rather enjoyed not having to look at the constant crap involving those two in regular P&R.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2023, 01:29 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Why isn't this in the Biden and Trump section of the sub-forum?  I've rather enjoyed not having to look at the constant crap involving those two in regular P&R.

Because it's Sidney Powell and I assume neither Biden nor Trump will admit to having any connection to her. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2023, 01:29 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Why isn't this in the Biden and Trump section of the sub-forum?  I've rather enjoyed not having to look at the constant crap involving those two in regular P&R.

B/c it has to do with Sydney Powell and Kenneth Chesebro.  Now that the truth is coming out and the rats are jumping off the sinking ship making you that uncomfortable?  The truth hurts, eh?  Just b/c you don't like the facts doesn't mean they change and you can just ignore them, ya know.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2023, 01:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Because it's Sidney Powell and I assume neither Biden nor Trump will admit to having any connection to her. Ninja

MAGA heads are spinning and exploding, and they cannot face the truth now that it is being admitted by Trump's inner circle it was all a BIG LIE orchestrated by Benedict Donald the Traitor Trump.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2023, 01:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Because it's Sidney Powell and I assume neither Biden nor Trump will admit to having any connection to her. Ninja

Huh, I guess the "Trump election lawyer" beginning of the thread title fooled me into thinking this would be a discussion about Trump and his election lawyer.  Ninja

(10-20-2023, 01:39 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: B/c it has to do with Sydney Powell and Kenneth Chesebro.  Now that the truth is coming out and the rats are jumping off the sinking ship making you that uncomfortable?  The truth hurts, eh?  Just b/c you don't like the facts doesn't mean they change and you can just ignore them, ya know.

I know this is difficult for people like you, but most people aren't frothing partisan hacks. There's literally a section for "All things Biden and Trump", forgive me for thinking a thread about Trump's election lawyer and her deal's possible ramifications for Trump should be in it.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2023, 02:12 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Huh, I guess the "Trump election lawyer" beginning of the thread title fooled me into thinking this would be a discussion about Trump and his election lawyer.  Ninja

I know this is difficult for people like you, but most people aren't frothing partisan hacks. There's literally a section for "All things Biden and Trump", forgive me for thinking a thread about Trump's election lawyer and her deal's possible ramifications for Trump should be in it.

Really now?  LMAO!  There you go again with another one of your straw man arguments.  You don't want to see or hear the truth about Benedict Donald's Big Lie, so you're asking the thread to be buried in a subforum of a subforum?  So you're saying b/c Trump's name is mentioned by way of his convicted election lawyers therefore this should be moved into another subforum b/c it makes you uncomfortable and you don't want to see it?  It's quite obvious where you'd rather stick your head and it's not the sand.

You'd think a person involved with law enforcement would strive to expose the truth of a direct attack on the US Constitution which law enforcement takes an oath to defend.  My advice is to adhere to your sworn oath to defend the laws of the Constitution of the United States and hold those who violate it accountable.   

Back the Blue and not the Coup!
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2023, 02:29 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Really now?  LMAO!  There you go again with another one of your straw man arguments.

Kindly point out the straw man in my post.  I don't think you know what the term actually means.

Quote:You don't want to see or hear the truth about Benedict Donald's Big Lie, so you're asking the thread to be buried in a subforum of a subforum?

Buried?  I think that part gets more traffic and posts than this one.  Kind of an odd definition of buried you got there.

Quote:So you're saying b/c Trump's name is mentioned by way of his convicted election lawyers therefore this should be moved into another subforum b/c it makes you uncomfortable and you don't want to see it?  It's quite obvious where you'd rather stick your head and it's not the sand.

Hmm, no.  I'm saying it's a thread about Trump so it should probably go in the, GASP, "All Things Biden and Trump" section.  Logic, it's fantastic!

Quote:You'd think a person involved with law enforcement would strive to expose the truth of a direct attack on the US Constitution which law enforcement takes an oath to defend.  My advice is to adhere to your sworn oath to defend the laws of the Constitution of the United States and hold those who violate it accountable.  

You'll have to explain how asking for the thread to be in the correct section has anything to do with all the other (and brace yourself because it's being used correctly here) strawman arguments you just raised.

Quote:Back the Blue and not the Coup!

Interesting.  Seeing as there isn't one party who does both I'm, once again, stuck without a party that represents my interests.  I'll clue you into something, there isn't a single LEO that believes the Dems back law enforcement.  We've been shit on them for three years plus now, aside from 01/06 when they could use us as a political prop.  Tell yourself that all you want, but literally none of us believe it.

I'm going to stop replying now, as you're illogical and I don't want to derail the thread any further.  Make whatever small victory of that that you will.  I have a suspicion you need it.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2023, 02:42 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Kindly point out the straw man in my post.  I don't think you know what the term actually means.

Buried?  I think that part gets more traffic and posts than this one.  Kind of an odd definition of buried you got there.

Hmm, no.  I'm saying it's a thread about Trump so it should probably go in the, GASP, "All Things Biden and Trump" section.  Logic, it's fantastic!

You'll have to explain how asking for the thread to be in the correct section has anything to do with all the other (and brace yourself because it's being used correctly here) strawman arguments you just raised.

Interesting.  Seeing as there isn't one party who does both I'm, once again, stuck without a party that represents my interests.  I'll clue you into something, there isn't a single LEO that believes the Dems back law enforcement.  We've been shit on them for three years plus now, aside from 01/06 when they could use us as a political prop.  Tell yourself that all you want, but literally none of us believe it.

I'm going to stop replying now, as you're illogical and I don't want to derail the thread any further.  Make whatever small victory of that that you will.  I have a suspicion you need it.

A straw man argument is also known as a red herring and it's a means to distract from the real issues at hand.  

So, you don't want to hear the truth about Trump's Big lie being disproven and the convictions of his inner circle?  So you want to distract the topic by whining that it should be moved b/c you don't want to hear it?  Boo freakin hoo Squeeler!  

Benedict Donald the Traitor Trump and his inner circle are being exposed and convicted of attacking our Constitution.  Ya know the one you swore to protect.  Maybe you should turn in your badge and burn your uniform b/c you're clearly not up to upholding your oath to defend and protect the Constitution of the United States.  Maybe you're a rouge officer and cannot stand anyone in any position of authority to be held accountable.  The dominos are falling Squeeler, and this is just one win of many more to come in defense of the laws of the United States!

My posts are so illogical, huh? Isn't it funny that I'm usually correct in regards to exposing and debunking Trump's BIG LIE?  Also, most legal strategies I've proffered are the ones used to dissect Trump's and radical right-wing media's bull shit.   

FYI, I know many in law enforcement who hate Trump's guts for what he has turned the GOP into.
Reply/Quote
Yep, lots of cops hate the people who call out bad cops. Cops who are members of right wing militias and hate groups. Cops who take bribes to turn their heads on drug dealing and other crimes. Cops who commit rape and sexual assault. Cops who beat and shoot unarmed men. Cops who use their badge to harass and threaten people. Bad cops who are protected by their unions time after time. Elected sheriffs who build their own little fiefdoms to the point they think they are above the law (so-called constitutional sheriffs)

Democrats don’t hate the police. Democrats hate bad policing. Cops who let their personal politics get in the way of doing their jobs fairly and lawfully are bad cops

Reply/Quote
Seems to be getting a little personal in here.
C'mon guys...

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2023, 11:03 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: A straw man argument is also known as a red herring and it's a means to distract from the real issues at hand.  

So, you don't want to hear the truth about Trump's Big lie being disproven and the convictions of his inner circle?  So you want to distract the topic by whining that it should be moved b/c you don't want to hear it?  Boo freakin hoo Squeeler!  

Benedict Donald the Traitor Trump and his inner circle are being exposed and convicted of attacking our Constitution.  Ya know the one you swore to protect.  Maybe you should turn in your badge and burn your uniform b/c you're clearly not up to upholding your oath to defend and protect the Constitution of the United States.  Maybe you're a rouge officer and cannot stand anyone in any position of authority to be held accountable.  The dominos are falling Squeeler, and this is just one win of many more to come in defense of the laws of the United States!

My posts are so illogical, huh? Isn't it funny that I'm usually correct in regards to exposing and debunking Trump's BIG LIE?  Also, most legal strategies I've proffered are the ones used to dissect Trump's and radical right-wing media's bull shit.   

FYI, I know many in law enforcement who hate Trump's guts for what he has turned the GOP into.

You seem nice.  Smirk

(10-21-2023, 02:05 AM)pally Wrote: Yep, lots of cops hate the people who call out bad cops.  Cops who are members of right wing militias and hate groups. Cops who take bribes to turn their heads on drug dealing and other crimes.  Cops who commit rape and sexual assault.  Cops who beat and shoot unarmed men.  Cops who use their badge to harass and threaten people. Bad cops who are protected by their unions time after time.  Elected sheriffs who build their own little fiefdoms to the point they think they are above the law (so-called constitutional sheriffs)

Democrats don’t hate the police.  Democrats hate bad policing.   Cops who let their personal politics get in the way of doing their jobs fairly and lawfully are bad cops

Lot's of sanctimony in this post, but do please allow me to counter.  LEO's don't like being lumped in with the .005% of officers who abuse their position.  LEO's don't like being accused of being "white supremacist foot soldiers".  LEO's don't like being raked over the coals for a spilt second decision by an armchair quarterback whose never been in a dangerous situation in their lives.  LEO's don't like being spit on and called racist names by "progressives".  LEO's don't like being called murderers for defending themselves, and others, from dangerous criminals.  LEO's don't like arresting the same person three times in three days for the same crime.  LEO's don't like building a solid case against a suspect only to have a "progressive" DA either drop the charges, push for diversion or drastically undercharge the suspect.

Spin it any way you like, but the Dems have treated LEO's like shit the past three years.  Having first hand experience with it you'll please forgive me if I find your position having no foundation in the real world.  I'm ignoring the obvious insinuation in your first sentence that I'm a "bad cop" because I'm focusing on what passes for the substance of your post.  But don't think I'll forget you did it.

(10-21-2023, 05:40 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Seems to be getting a little personal in here.
C'mon guys...

Eh, it's ok when they do it.  Hence the people who usually leap to call out that type of behavior being suspiciously silent, despite given your post a thumbs up as well as a post almost directly labeling me a "bad cop".  If it wasn't for double standards they'd have no standards.  I do appreciate your attempts to lower the temperature, though.  So thank you for that.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2023, 02:05 AM)pally Wrote: Yep, lots of cops hate the people who call out bad cops.  Cops who are members of right wing militias and hate groups. Cops who take bribes to turn their heads on drug dealing and other crimes.  Cops who commit rape and sexual assault.  Cops who beat and shoot unarmed men.  Cops who use their badge to harass and threaten people. Bad cops who are protected by their unions time after time.  Elected sheriffs who build their own little fiefdoms to the point they think they are above the law (so-called constitutional sheriffs)

Democrats don’t hate the police.  Democrats hate bad policing.   Cops who let their personal politics get in the way of doing their jobs fairly and lawfully are bad cops
Oh?  What about all the calls in multiple cities to "Defund the Police!" not too long ago? (which was one of the stupidest thing I've ever seen - BTW)  And you're talking about minute populations of officers.  Issues with that population lead to sensational headlines, but personally I think it's getting better.  More recent incidents mostly don't see automatic blue line defenses. Many times these days LEO's that get involved in incidents that are questionable, go to a desk or are suspended with pay until fully investigated.

Their job is dangerous, thankless and more stressful than you can imagine.  Here in Houston, far too often, I hear of officers deaths in the line of duty. I can't imagine dealing with the thought that every you could face death just by doing your job.  It's easy to intellectualize, but much more difficult to empathize.

(10-21-2023, 12:10 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Spin it any way you like, but the Dems have treated LEO's like shit the past three years.  Having first hand experience with it you'll please forgive me if I find your position having no foundation in the real world.  I'm ignoring the obvious insinuation in your first sentence that I'm a "bad cop" because I'm focusing on what passes for the substance of your post.  But don't think I'll forget you did it.

/salute Nothing but respect SSF
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2023, 05:40 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Seems to be getting a little personal in here.
C'mon guys...

TBF some make their career their entire personality. And their opinion, based solely on their personal experiences, is supposed to go unchallenged.  I find that to be fair game in a response if want to attempt to give others a chance to speak with less of a "broad brush", so to speak.

For example, I have a background in media. I've worked in it and I've studied it. I can speak with some certainty and confidence on the media in general. I cannot speak for every person who works in the media nor how they feel about any particular topic simply based on the people I personally know and worked with.

But why we're debating who hates/supports the police more in a thread about Trump's election lawyers is a good question.  The way these threads get (deliberately) off topic is more a concern to me.

Trump's inner circle is crumbling.  More and more the walls are closing in on an actual criminal family.  That should be celebrated.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2023, 02:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: But why we're debating who hates/supports the police more in a thread about Trump's election lawyers is a good question.  The way these threads get (deliberately) off topic is more a concern to me.

You're quite right, you should ask BigDaddy why he brought it up in this post.

(10-20-2023, 02:29 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Really now?  LMAO!  There you go again with another one of your straw man arguments.  You don't want to see or hear the truth about Benedict Donald's Big Lie, so you're asking the thread to be buried in a subforum of a subforum?  So you're saying b/c Trump's name is mentioned by way of his convicted election lawyers therefore this should be moved into another subforum b/c it makes you uncomfortable and you don't want to see it?  It's quite obvious where you'd rather stick your head and it's not the sand.

You'd think a person involved with law enforcement would strive to expose the truth of a direct attack on the US Constitution which law enforcement takes an oath to defend.  My advice is to adhere to your sworn oath to defend the laws of the Constitution of the United States and hold those who violate it accountable.  

Back the Blue and not the Coup!

I think you owe me an apology.
Reply/Quote
and right on cue, Trump denies Powell was his lawyer

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-runs-for-the-hills-from-sidney-powell-after-she-copped-a-plea-not-my-attorney-and-never-was/

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Trump now says he really doesn’t know Sidney Powell and she was Michael Flynn’s lawyer not his. <a href="https://t.co/YTrZAORG6Y">pic.twitter.com/YTrZAORG6Y</a></p>&mdash; Ron Filipkowski (@RonFilipkowski) <a href="https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1716095680219902230?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 22, 2023</a></blockquote>

but like always there is an earlier admission

https://twitter.com/JoJoFromJerz/status/1716142901934035309

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Donald Trump said today that Sidney Powell was ‘never his lawyer &amp; never represented him.’<br>So who are you going to believe, Donald Trump or Donald Trump? <a href="https://t.co/96ksOFVrBc">pic.twitter.com/96ksOFVrBc</a></p>&mdash; Jo (@JoJoFromJerz) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoJoFromJerz/status/1716142901934035309?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 22, 2023</a></blockquote>

edit: X having embed issues again

Reply/Quote