Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Trump for speaker
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-accept-speakership-for-short-period-republicans-decide-permanent-replacement

Trump would accept House speakership for a "short period" while Republicans decide on a permanent replacement

Trump told Fox News Digital he would serve as a 'unifier' until Republicans can rally around a new speaker

This would be a get the popcorn ready. Step one get all Republicans on board, step 2 change the rule of someone being indicted can't hold a leadership position.

Then watch the firework fly and Trump sits by Biden for the Address to Congress in 1st quarter of 2024.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 06:45 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: This would be a get the popcorn ready. Step one get all Republicans on board, step 2 change the rule of someone being indicted can't hold a leadership position.

As entertaining as all of this would be, there is no way Trump is going to take a position where Joe Biden outranks him and has the power to veto anything he does.  I think that's how it works, but I could be wrong.
Reply/Quote
performance art over governing or how to prove that Republicans are incapable of being in charge

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 07:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: As entertaining as all of this would be, there is no way Trump is going to take a position where Joe Biden outranks him and has the power to veto anything he does.  I think that's how it works, but I could be wrong.

I guess you did not read the article. He already said he would do it and as the leader of the party great choice to work with President and Senate on the issues until they decide in a few months on permanent replacement.

If it happens, Democrats helped make it happen.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 06:45 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-accept-speakership-for-short-period-republicans-decide-permanent-replacement

Trump would accept House speakership for a "short period" while Republicans decide on a permanent replacement

Trump told Fox News Digital he would serve as a 'unifier' until Republicans can rally around a new speaker

This would be a get the popcorn ready. Step one get all Republicans on board, step 2 change the rule of someone being indicted can't hold a leadership position.

Then watch the firework fly and Trump sits by Biden for the Address to Congress in 1st quarter of 2024.
Never going to happen and if it does he'll serve an even shorter term than the puppet formerly known as Kevin..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 07:11 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I guess you did not read the article.

Well, it's Fox News and it's based on a Trump quote, so the odds of it being merely performance are pretty high.

(10-05-2023, 07:11 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He already said he would do it and as the leader of the party great choice to work with President and Senate on the issues until they decide in a few months on permanent replacement.

Trump is a great choice to work on issues with a democrat controlled senate and Joe Biden?  So Trump becomes the speaker for 30 to 90 days and what?  Caves into the left wing senate and Joe Biden so he can get them to sign off on stuff, or just does nothing?

And Trump already controls the GOP from his phone, why would he want to go sit in Nancy Pelosi's vacated office and do the same thing?
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 07:11 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I guess you did not read the article. He already said he would do it and as the leader of the party great choice to work with President and Senate on the issues until they decide in a few months on permanent replacement.

I'm hoping it does happen.

Put Trump in front of Congress and the cameras every day.

Before the election.

Do it!  Yes
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 07:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, it's Fox News and it's based on a Trump quote, so the odds of it being merely performance are pretty high.

Trump is a great choice to work on issues with a democrat controlled senate and Joe Biden?  So Trump becomes the speaker for 30 to 90 days and what?  Caves into the left wing senate and Joe Biden so he can get them to sign off on stuff, or just does nothing?

No. Divides his own party. Publicly humiliates them. Blocks needed legislation. Calls Hakim Jeffries "racist." 

Reminds the Quad they should be fixing problems in their own countries.

Demands focus on the Biden investigation. Ups GOP clown power before the entire nation.

Those who have forgotten shall be reminded.
Reply/Quote
well we know the first thing they would do is to vote to impeach both Biden and Harris

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 08:04 PM)pally Wrote: well we know the first thing they would do is to vote to impeach both Biden and Harris

Hmmm

If that happened he would be the POTUS again. 

LOL

Won't happen, but part of me would love to see the Democrats voted out 100% McCarthy and then get Trump to deal with on the border, on Ukraine, on crime and on the investigation of the Biden family.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 10:51 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Won't happen, but part of me would love to see the Democrats voted out 100% McCarthy and then get Trump to deal with on the border, on Ukraine, on crime and on the investigation of the Biden family.

Wouldn't this just lead to him sending right-wing bills to the senate where they'd be killed and/or vetoed by Biden?   You're talking about Trump being the actual speaker of the house, not just some ceremonial placeholder, right?  Wouldn't all this stuff just be shot down by democrats?  Does Trump really want to be in a spot where everything he does can only be enacted if democrats and Biden let him?  That seems like the opposite of what he would want.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 11:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Wouldn't this just lead to him sending right-wing bills to the senate where they'd be killed and/or vetoed by Biden?   You're talking about Trump being the actual speaker of the house, not just some ceremonial placeholder, right?  Wouldn't all this stuff just be shot down by democrats?  Does Trump really want to be in a spot where everything he does can only be enacted if democrats and Biden let him?  That seems like the opposite of what he would want.

Umm he would get to play the victim. He would have all the greatest ideas on how to fix all our problems, and the evil dems would be blocking them because they hate America.
Reply/Quote
Why not Taylor Swift or Dolly Parton ?

Trump has nothing to offer in that role except to 'own the libs' which seems the only program in the GOP Platform.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 12:23 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Umm he would get to play the victim. He would have all the greatest ideas on how to fix all our problems, and the evil dems would be blocking them because they hate America.

Trump wants to be a fake victim.  I can't see him wanting to take a position where Biden outranks him and legitimately can shut him down. 
Reply/Quote
They should just let that guy that covered up the sex abuse scandal try his hand at the job.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote