Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump hail mary strategy: attack Bill
https://twitter.com/NPR/status/785266407651024896

He's hosting a live panel on facebook with women who are accusing Bill of sexual assault.

Apparently he plans on bringing up Bill's affairs at the debate. I didn't realize he was running against Bill now.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-09-2016, 08:55 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://twitter.com/NPR/status/785266407651024896

He's hosting a live panel on facebook with women who are accusing Bill of sexual assault.

Apparently he plans on bringing up Bill's affairs at the debate. I didn't realize he was running against Bill now.

You really would think he was running against Bill with how much he and his supporters go with the Bill angle.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-09-2016, 09:11 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You really would think he was running against Bill with how much he and his supporters go with the Bill angle.

And IF he does, I expect HRC to cut him off at the knees, maybe with the help of the moderator. That's my hope anyway .... I want to see that strategy exposed as the pathetic nonsense that it is.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
that didn't take long.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/flashback-donald-trump-called-bill-clintons-accusers-terrible/story?id=42686582

Here's a video from 1998 of Trump calling these women "terrible" and "unattractive".

"Mr. Trump, do you think it's okay to touch women without their consent?"

"WHY DON'T YOU ASK BILL CLINTON THAT?!"

BTFO
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(10-09-2016, 09:11 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You really would think he was running against Bill with how much he and his supporters go with the Bill angle.

...and you really would think Hills was running against Colin with how much she and her supporters go with the "I'm not the first" angle. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-09-2016, 09:52 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: that didn't take long.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/flashback-donald-trump-called-bill-clintons-accusers-terrible/story?id=42686582

Here's a video from 1998 of Trump calling these women "terrible" and "unattractive".

"They're just words."

Quote:Days after President Clinton admitted to having an inappropriate relationship with former White House intern Monica Lewinsky, Trump said Clinton was a “victim” and critiqued the physical appearances of various women with whom Clinton had been accused of having extramarital relations at different times.

“It’s like it's from hell, it's a terrible group of people,” Trump said in an interview with FOX News' Neil Cavuto on Aug. 19, 1998.
Asked by Cavuto if Clinton’s image as a “quasi-sex symbol” stood to somehow benefit from the alleged extramarital relations, Trump took issue with the characterization.

“I don't necessarily agree with his victims, his victims are terrible,” Trump said. “He is really a victim himself. But he put himself in that position.”

“The whole group, Paula Jones, Lewinsky, it's just a really unattractive group. I'm not just talking about physical," he said.

“Would it be any different if it were a supermodel crowd?” Cavuto then asked.

“I think at least it would be more pleasant to watch,” Trump replied.

Trump suggested that Clinton could have avoided the public relations fallout that followed his admission of "inappropriate" relations with Lewinsky had he stayed silent on the topic altogether, rather than initially denying the reports of an sexual relations only to later admit to a relationship.

“It's a shame, it's really a shame,” Trump said. “I've watched all my life politicians in New York, something gets brought up on them. I don't talk about my personal life. So what are you going to do? I don't talk about personal life.”

“They've taken nothing and made it a big monster,” Trump said in reference to the Lewinsky scandal. “I mean they've made Watergate out of really what should've been nothing.”

“I don't know if that's a good thing in terms of what Starr has done or a terrible thing, I think it's a terrible thing, actually,” Trump added, presumably referring to the former Whitewater independent counsel who expanded his investigation into the Lewinsky affair.

As far as his personal opinion of Clinton, Trump gave Clinton a strong rating.

“I think he's terrific. I think the guy's terrific. I just hate the way he tried to get out of this mess,” Trump said.

“In terms of myself, I love him as a president because business has been great, the economy's been booming. We have to give him credit,” he said.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-10-2016, 12:24 AM)bfine32 Wrote: ...and you really would think Hills was running against Colin with how much she and her supporters go with the "I'm not the first" angle. 

That wasn't even a half good retort.  That debate must have really affected you.  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-10-2016, 12:24 AM)bfine32 Wrote: ...and you really would think Hills was running against Colin with how much she and her supporters go with the "I'm not the first" angle. 

I have heard the "but Bill" defense far more than anything about Colin Powell. But, of course, the difference between using someone's prior actions as a precedent and attacking someone instead of your opponent are different things.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-10-2016, 07:46 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I have heard the "but Bill" defense far more than anything about Colin Powell. But, of course, the difference between using someone's prior actions as a precedent and attacking someone instead of your opponent are different things.

[Image: thats-nonsense-gl4ppi.jpg]

(10-10-2016, 07:46 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I have heard the "but Bill" defense far more than anything about Colin Powell. But, of course, the difference between using someone's prior actions as a precedent and attacking someone instead of your opponent are different things.

If you've heard the 'but Bill' far more than why Hills used her personal server then we live in different countries.

Are you saying Trump is using Bill's actions as precedent for what it takes to be POTUS?

It is the exact same dynamic.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/clinton-accusers-blocked-debate-229538?cmpid=sf

The plan was to have them sit in the family box so that they would confront Bill live on TV as they made their way to the boxes. The commission blocked them from doing so.

(10-10-2016, 01:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you've heard the 'but Bill' far more than why Hills used her personal server then we live in different countries.

Confirmation bias is a powerful thing.

(10-10-2016, 01:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Are you saying Trump is using Bill's actions as precedent for what it takes to be POTUS?

No.

(10-10-2016, 01:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It is the exact same dynamic.

No, it isn't.

(10-10-2016, 02:58 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: No, it isn't.

Even if you continue to say it is not the same dynamic doesn't change the fact that it is.

Clinton used her personal server while performing her duties as SOS, for mitigation she says: The guy before me did it.

Trump is trying to become POTUS and folks are saying he is disqualified due to his objectification of women, for mitigation he is saying: The guy before me did it. 

As to the rest: I will take you at your word that you have heard more about Trump and Bill in comparison to objectification of women over Clinton and Powell in comparison to email usage. Like you say, confirmation bias is a powerful thing. 

(10-10-2016, 08:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Even if you continue to say it is not the same dynamic doesn't change the fact that it is.

Clinton used her personal server while performing her duties as SOS, for mitigation she says: The guy before me did it.

Trump is trying to become POTUS and folks are saying he is disqualified due to his objectification of women, for mitigation he is saying: The guy before me did it. 

As to the rest: I will take you at your word that you have heard more about Trump and Bill in comparison to objectification of women over Clinton and Powell in comparison to email usage. Like you say, confirmation bias is a powerful thing. 

The dynamic is very different because of his use of it as an attack. Clinton referenced Powell's usage of a private server as a precedent, not as an attack. This changes the dynamic in a big way.

(10-10-2016, 10:09 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The dynamic is very different because of his use of it as an attack. Clinton referenced Powell's usage of a private server as a precedent, not as an attack. This changes the dynamic in a big way.

I guess we'll just disagree. IMO he is using Bill's actions as deflection from his. I think this was illustrated in the most recent debate. You view him responding to question about his words with "but Bill" as an attack.

Furthermore; it wasn't too long ago when Powell considered Hill's pointing to him doing it as an attack on him. I recall an article where he said "she tries to blame me but, she was doing it for over a year before I talked to her".

But you see the situations as completely different; while I see them as similar. I'm sure we both think we are correct. 

(10-10-2016, 10:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I guess we'll just disagree. IMO he is using Bill's actions as deflection from his. I think this was illustrated in the most recent debate. You view him responding to question about his words with "but Bill" as an attack.

Furthermore; it wasn't too long ago when Powell considered Hill's pointing to him doing it as an attack on him. I recall an article where he said "she  tries to blame me but, she was doing it for over a year before I talked to her".

But you see the situations as completely different; while I see them as similar. I'm sure we both think we are correct. 

I see it as just as much an attack on Hillary as Bill.
Hillary's comments and actions about how she is a champion of women and that all rape victims deserve to be heard, but not those women. She's every bit as much a Bully as Trump is.
(10-11-2016, 03:44 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I see it as just as much an attack on Hillary as Bill.
Hillary's comments and actions about how she is a champion of women and that all rape victims deserve to be heard, but not those women. She's every bit as much a Bully as Trump is.

Oh, there are times when it is just as much as an attack on Hillary as it is on Bill. There are times when he seems to only be attacking Bill and so treating it like a flow through attack on Hillary, but there are times when he absolutely is directly attacking Hillary with it, just as you mention here.

I particularly like Bill Weld's opinion on Trump using Bill's indiscretions. (big surprise)

" WELD, 8:47Big Grinonald Trump focusing on Bill Clinton and women is self-defeating to the point of being politically suicidal. Bill Clinton is not on the ballot. This is Donald Trump versus his own words; no one else is in the ring. Whenever Donald Trump is talking about women as sex objects, he is losing."

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
(10-10-2016, 10:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I guess we'll just disagree. IMO he is using Bill's actions as deflection from his. I think this was illustrated in the most recent debate. You view him responding to question about his words with "but Bill" as an attack.

Furthermore; it wasn't too long ago when Powell considered Hill's pointing to him doing it as an attack on him. I recall an article where he said "she  tries to blame me but, she was doing it for over a year before I talked to her".

This is the article you should recall: 
http://www.politicususa.com/2015/03/08/republican-colin-powell-deals-death-blow-hillary-clinton-email-scandal.html