Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Trump invited to wake of slain NYC police officer Diller
This is not the first in the line of duty police death in 2024, where was Trump for the other 3? Why didn't he go to the other's funerals? Why didn't he attend the funeral of any police officer who was killed during his 4 years in office? Hell, did he phone their families?

Why is this death more important than the others? Is it because he could politically exploit this one?

This is the type of hypocrisy that makes taking Trump and the fake outrage from right-wing media seriously.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2024, 12:50 PM)pally Wrote: This is not the first in the line of duty police death in 2024, where was Trump for the other 3? Why didn't he go to the other's funerals? Why didn't he attend the funeral of any police officer who was killed during his 4 years in office? Hell, did he phone their families?

Why is this death more important than the others? Is it because he could politically exploit this one?

This is the type of hypocrisy that makes taking Trump and the fake outrage from right-wing media seriously.

You do realize the exact same argument can be made for the Dems and Officer Sicknick?  As to your first question, where was Biden for any of them?

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2024, 02:14 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You do realize the exact same argument can be made for the Dems and Officer Sicknick?  As to your first question, where was Biden for any of them?

All lives matter, why didn't then president Trump come to my father in law's funeral?

I will say that while this "I only want THIS president at my tragic family member's funeral" photo ops are probably effective, lordy is it weird to me.  Trump smiling like a butcher's dog hanging out with the family of that woman killed by the illegal just comes off as openly selfish to me, but that's just one example of this stuff.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2024, 02:14 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You do realize the exact same argument can be made for the Dems and Officer Sicknick?  As to your first question, where was Biden for any of them?

Not really, Joe Biden is at least being consistent with his attendance(or lack thereof) of police funerals.

Trump, right-wing media, and conservatives are accusing Biden of being anti-police because he didn't attend this one specific funeral.  It is Trump who is being inconsistent.  If attendance at the funerals of police officers killed in the line of duty death is a requirement to prove a politician's anti-crime, pro-cop position there where has he been when other officers died

9 other officers  (and 3 K-9 ) plus one paramedic (while trying to save the life of 2 fatally wounded police officers in Burnsville, MN) have died this year from being shot Trump hasn't said a word about them.  And speaking of tragedies...has he managed to come up with a statement concerning the deaths from the FSK bridge collapse?

They want to exploit this death and don't give a damn about the others that's what I find appalling

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2024, 02:45 PM)pally Wrote: Not really, Joe Biden is at least being consistent with his attendance(or lack thereof) of police funerals.

Maybe, although hardly a ringing endorsement.  Not so much with mass shooting though, eh?

Quote:Trump, right-wing media, and conservatives are accusing Biden of being anti-police because he didn't attend this one specific funeral.  It is Trump who is being inconsistent.  If attendance at the funerals of police officers killed in the line of duty death is a requirement to prove a politician's anti-crime, pro-cop position there where has he been when other officers died

Biden is anti-police, he's a Dem.  Until they purge their ranks of soft on crime, ACAB, defund the police policies they can all suffer under the same yoke.  You guys love to paint all conservatives as MAGA, enjoy the turnabout is fair play aspect of that.  Has Biden every once called out the soft on crime DA's that consistently enable criminals?  I don't think so.

Quote:9 other officers  (and 3 K-9 ) plus one paramedic (while trying to save the life of 2 fatally wounded police officers in Burnsville, MN) have died this year from being shot Trump hasn't said a word about them.  And speaking of tragedies...has he managed to come up with a statement concerning the deaths from the FSK bridge collapse?

How many has Biden said a word about?

Quote:They want to exploit this death and don't give a damn about the others that's what I find appalling

No shit, just like Biden wanted to exploit the deaths of the victims of the Buffalo mass shooter, but not so much the families of the kids and adults killed by the transgender shooter in Tennessee. See, the difference here is that I know Trump is exploiting it.  I recognize it for what it is.  You don't see Biden doing the exact same thing, yet you'll accuse conservatives of being blindly partisan.  You are literally everything you purport to dislike, and you have zero realization of this.  I don't like either of them, you're slavishly devoted to Biden.

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2024, 04:27 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Biden is anti-police, he's a Dem.  Until they purge their ranks of soft on crime, ACAB, defund the police policies they can all suffer under the same yoke.  You guys love to paint all conservatives as MAGA, enjoy the turnabout is fair play aspect of that.  Has Biden every once called out the soft on crime DA's that consistently enable criminals?  I don't think so.

Honestly, it isn't the job of the POTUS to get involved in all of that, though when it is the role of POTUS, Biden does not follow the more progressive positions you dislike among Democrats.

Also, conservatives aren't MAGA, the GOP is.

(03-30-2024, 04:27 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: How many has Biden said a word about?

Several, actually, going back to 2021 as well. Not just recently for the election cycle.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2024, 04:27 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Maybe, although hardly a ringing endorsement.  Not so much with mass shooting though, eh?

Biden is anti-police, he's a Dem.  Until they purge their ranks of soft on crime, ACAB, defund the police policies they can all suffer under the same yoke.  You guys love to paint all conservatives as MAGA, enjoy the turnabout is fair play aspect of that.  Has Biden every once called out the soft on crime DA's that consistently enable criminals?  I don't think so.

How many has Biden said a word about?

No shit, just like Biden wanted to exploit the deaths of the victims of the Buffalo mass shooter, but not so much the families of the kids and adults killed by the transgender shooter in Tennessee. See, the difference here is that I know Trump is exploiting it.  I recognize it for what it is.  You don't see Biden doing the exact same thing, yet you'll accuse conservatives of being blindly partisan.  You are literally everything you purport to dislike, and you have zero realization of this.  I don't like either of them, you're slavishly devoted to Biden.

The one who is pointing fingers about this is Donald Trump.  

Show actual evidence Joe Biden is anti-police.  He has never been in favor of defunding police departments. The American Rescue Plan, provided over $10 billion for local police.  Republican budget proposal cut police funding in the federal budget.

Do you know what he did after the Buffalo mass killings...he called for an end to hate and for an assault-style weapon ban.  Do you know what he did after that Nashville school shooting?  He called for an end to the hate and for an assault-style weapon ban.  Dr Biden attended the vigil in Nashville for the victims.  

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2024, 05:05 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Honestly, it isn't the job of the POTUS to get involved in all of that, though when it is the role of POTUS, Biden does not follow the more progressive positions you dislike among Democrats.

Has he ever called those out?  Has he ever railed against soft on crime DA's?  You know the answer, and it is no.  Much like he sold out Israel to bolster his chances in Michigan he's not going to hurt his election chances by calling out "progressive" DA's or their philosophy.  Hence he gets lumped right in with them  His personal position means nothing if it isn't coupled with action.

Quote:Also, conservatives aren't MAGA, the GOP is.

How many people here make that distinction?

Quote:Several, actually, going back to 2021 as well. Not just recently for the election cycle.

I'd love to see them, and the context.

(03-30-2024, 05:16 PM)pally Wrote: The one who is pointing fingers about this is Donald Trump.  

Show actual evidence Joe Biden is anti-police.  He has never been in favor of defunding police departments. The American Rescue Plan, provided over $10 billion for local police.  Republican budget proposal cut police funding in the federal budget.

I rather explained this above.  If you see bad things being done and stay silent, especially when you are in a position to both call them out and do something about them, then there is little distinction between you and than the people doing the bad things.

Quote:Do you know what he did after the Buffalo mass killings...he called for an end to hate and for an assault-style weapon ban.  Do you know what he did after that Nashville school shooting?  He called for an end to the hate and for an assault-style weapon ban.  Dr Biden attended the vigil in Nashville for the victims.  

You think you're fooling anyone here?  He showed up in person to Buffalo.  He dispatched his wife (Dr. Biden btw? lol) to Nashville.  You know why, I know why and everyone else knows why.  You just won't admit it publicly.

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2024, 05:30 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Has he ever called those out?  Has he ever railed against soft on crime DA's?  You know the answer, and it is no.  Much like he sold out Israel to bolster his chances in Michigan he's not going to hurt his election chances by calling out "progressive" DA's or their philosophy.  Hence he gets lumped right in with them  His personal position means nothing if it isn't coupled with action.

What action do you expect from him? The POTUS has no authority over DAs. State governments are their own sovereigns and through most of modern history, presidents have not gotten involved in those sorts of local things. It's not their place to. When it comes to the attempt to do something similar to what you are against in DC, Biden railed against it as that is his role being that DC is a federal district.

(03-30-2024, 05:30 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I rather explained this above.  If you see bad things being done and stay silent, especially when you are in a position to both call them out and do something about them, then there is little distinction between you and than the people doing the bad things.

What is Biden in a position to do about them? What authority does Biden have over local DAs?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2024, 06:28 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: What action do you expect from him? The POTUS has no authority over DAs. State governments are their own sovereigns and through most of modern history, presidents have not gotten involved in those sorts of local things. It's not their place to. When it comes to the attempt to do something similar to what you are against in DC, Biden railed against it as that is his role being that DC is a federal district.

What is Biden in a position to do about them? What authority does Biden have over local DAs?

Bel, I rather explained that in the post you responded to.  If he disagrees with it he should call it out.  If he finds being lenient to criminals, and the subsequent fallout, abhorrent, he should say so.  If he believes that, which he may, but says nothing then he's complicit.  You're literally asking what the face of the entire party can do about the politics of their party?  If he can't do anything who TF can?  Say he does believe that what these "progressive" DA's do is terrible.  Why does he say nothing?  Why does he allow the continued victimization of US residents by recidivist criminals to pass without comment?

You and I both know why, because he will not criticize his own party.  He won't risk a split between more centrist Dems and the "progressives" because it will hurt their electoral chances.  So, even if he is full square against these soft on crime DA's, which is a huge assumption, he says nothing about them and the damage they cause.  He is, at best, complicit and at worse in favor of them.  Either way he is culpable.  We hear a lot here, and rightfully so, of the cowardice within the GOP for failing to stand up to Trump or call out his excesses.  Why then does Biden get a complete pass on this, or any issue?  He shouldn't and he won't, not from me.

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2024, 06:43 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Bel, I rather explained that in the post you responded to.  If he disagrees with it he should call it out.  If he finds being lenient to criminals, and the subsequent fallout, abhorrent, he should say so.  If he believes that, which he may, but says nothing then he's complicit.  You're literally asking what the face of the entire party can do about the politics of their party?  If he can't do anything who TF can?  Say he does believe that what these "progressive" DA's do is terrible.  Why does he say nothing?  Why does he allow the continued victimization of US residents by recidivist criminals to pass without comment?

You and I both know why, because he will not criticize his own party.  He won't risk a split between more centrist Dems and the "progressives" because it will hurt their electoral chances.  So, even if he is full square against these soft on crime DA's, which is a huge assumption, he says nothing about them and the damage they cause.  He is, at best, complicit and at worse in favor of them.  Either way he is culpable.  We hear a lot here, and rightfully so, of the cowardice within the GOP for failing to stand up to Trump or call out his excesses.  Why then does Biden get a complete pass on this, or any issue?  He shouldn't and he won't, not from me.

Biden has no authority over state or local officials. Absolutely none. I don't expect Trump, Biden, or any other POTUS to step on those toes because it isn't their place. Our federalist system is set up the way it is for a reason. Biden has a long voting record where you can see his position on law enforcement, including his signing the bill mentioned in the link I shared a couple posts above. He has been pushing for efforts to increase resources for community law enforcement since at least 2022, but has ben blocked by a Republican House. When it comes to things he has control over he has been much more in line with your positions than you realize. He has tried to walk the line of improving police accountability in an effort to appease the more progressive contingent, but I haven't seen him propose anything too radical.

As for him calling out state and local officials, well, it is political. Him putting this thumb on the scale when it comes to those things is not something looked kindly upon. It would create division in the party and, again, it is not something he is really in charge of. Political parties aren't ideological groups, they are there for electioneering. Biden doesn't demand loyalty among the party and the party doesn't fall in line with him on everything. I just do not understand the need for him to step outside of the bounds of his authority.

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2024, 07:00 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Biden has no authority over state or local officials. Absolutely none. I don't expect Trump, Biden, or any other POTUS to step on those toes because it isn't their place. Our federalist system is set up the way it is for a reason. Biden has a long voting record where you can see his position on law enforcement, including his signing the bill mentioned in the link I shared a couple posts above. He has been pushing for efforts to increase resources for community law enforcement since at least 2022, but has ben blocked by a Republican House. When it comes to things he has control over he has been much more in line with your positions than you realize. He has tried to walk the line of improving police accountability in an effort to appease the more progressive contingent, but I haven't seen him propose anything too radical.

As for him calling out state and local officials, well, it is political. Him putting this thumb on the scale when it comes to those things is not something looked kindly upon. It would create division in the party and, again, it is not something he is really in charge of. Political parties aren't ideological groups, they are there for electioneering. Biden doesn't demand loyalty among the party and the party doesn't fall in line with him on everything. I just do not understand the need for him to step outside of the bounds of his authority.

We're kind of repeating the some points to each other at this point.  I understand what you're saying, I disagree to the extent he could actually have some say or influence on things.  If I'm POTUS and there is an element of my party engaged in conduct I find reprehensible I damned sure am calling it out, consistently.  Biden doesn't.  I've never heard it, not once.  Consequently, he gets to own it.  Dems being ripped on at LEO funerals is nothing new, because them being soft on crime is nothing new.  DeBlasio got it, I've seen it in person here in LA.  Has it happened to a GOP politician?  Not that I can recall, which of course doesn't mean it's never happened.  But it happens all the time with Dems.  So either distance yourself from that or be a part of it.

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2024, 07:15 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: We're kind of repeating the some points to each other at this point.  I understand what you're saying, I disagree to the extent he could actually have some say or influence on things.  If I'm POTUS and there is an element of my party engaged in conduct I find reprehensible I damned sure am calling it out, consistently.  Biden doesn't.  I've never heard it, not once.  Consequently, he gets to own it.  Dems being ripped on at LEO funerals is nothing new, because them being soft on crime is nothing new.  DeBlasio got it, I've seen it in person here in LA.  Has it happened to a GOP politician?  Not that I can recall, which of course doesn't mean it's never happened.  But it happens all the time with Dems.  So either distance yourself from that or be a part of it.

I think what bothers me with your position is that you ignore all his efforts that are in line with your views when it comes to things he has control over, giving him no credit, but when it comes to things he really has nothing to do with that you disagree with, you focus on that and blame him for it. It's an illogical argument.

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2024, 07:33 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I think what bothers me with your position is that you ignore all his efforts that are in line with your views when it comes to things he has control over, giving him no credit, but when it comes to things he really has nothing to do with that you disagree with, you focus on that and blame him for it. It's an illogical argument.

Can't upset the paradigm that all Dems are bad

Reply/Quote
Who'd want to be a cop in NY anyways? I'd go be a cop in a small town full of white people in a red state. Drive around all day, flash my badge, watch the men bow and see all the ladies swoon. I mean, you ever see an episode of COPS with an unruly white person on it?
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2024, 11:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Who'd want to be a cop in NY anyways?  I'd go be a cop in a small town full of white people in a red state.  Drive around all day, flash my badge, watch the men bow and see all  the ladies swoon.  I mean, you ever see an episode of COPS with an unruly white person on it?

Buddy I served in the USMC with became NYPD. And seeing the other guy I served with who joined the BFD, Boston Fire Department, and he gives the NYPD guy shit about political affiliation and joining the wrong service and it makes me laugh.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2024, 11:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Who'd want to be a cop in NY anyways?  I'd go be a cop in a small town full of white people in a red state.  Drive around all day, flash my badge, watch the men bow and see all  the ladies swoon.  I mean, you ever see an episode of COPS with an unruly white person on it?

Weird, I think it's quite an honorable and respectable job.

The reasons people do it, each to his own on that.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2024, 02:39 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Weird, I think it's quite an honorable and respectable job.

The reasons people do it, each to his own on that.

For sure. I view the NYPD, LAPD, CPD type jobs as prestigious. I like to imagine most of the force is home grown talent that joined young and didn't get a chance to develop worldly biases before deciding to join the cause of serving the community. Where they get introduced to old guard. Who may or may not be the best mentor/role model.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2024, 05:30 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You think you're fooling anyone here?  He showed up in person to Buffalo.  He dispatched his wife (Dr. Biden btw? lol) to Nashville.  You know why, I know why and everyone else knows why.  You just won't admit it publicly.

Jill Biden, holds a Doctorate in Education. , as such she is entitled to use the academic title of Dr., just like Henry Kissenger and every other person who has a doctorate.

Do you laugh at all of them or just her?  Why do you think her academic qualifications are laughable?

The Oxford English Dictionary defines doctor as the following

noun

1) a qualified practitioner of medicine; a physician.

2) a person who holds a doctorate.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2024, 10:47 AM)pally Wrote: Jill Biden, holds a Doctorate in Education. , as such she is entitled to use the academic title of Dr., just like Henry Kissenger and every other person who has a doctorate.

Do you laugh at all of them or just her?  Why do you think her academic qualifications are laughable?

The Oxford English Dictionary defines doctor as the following

noun

1) a qualified practitioner of medicine; a physician.

2) a person who holds a doctorate.

There is a strong argument to make that we should not be calling M.D.'s "doctor," anyway. The root of the word, its earliest usage, comes from a term for those teaching others. It wasn't until several centuries later that some medical schools started calling their graduates "doctors," pretty much arbitrarily. I say that if we are going to call physicians doctor we should also be calling lawyers doctor, after all, their degree also has "doctorate" in it. Ninja

Reply/Quote