Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Trump is producing his own Independence Day Celebration
(07-05-2019, 09:44 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: How was the fly over by Aircraft One?

Putin was pleased. Mellow

In other news:

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
So I had read that Trump's offspring were not going to be there yesterday for his mangled speech...but they are in the video praising how wonderful it was.

Jr didn't say anything about the speech other than retweeting the pictures of "yuge" crowd that hasn't been confirmed yet.

Ivanka shared the same video above.

While I admit the editing is done VERY well to never show the "crowd" behind the seating while DJT is actually talking I'm a bit suspicious of its authenticity given the stock footage used in their ads.
I think it was said best by a fellow parent when we were discussing how people talk to other people and leadership (we are on the same board at our children's school).

She said, unprompted, that if Trump would just shut up and trying to be the star of every moment people would have a lot less to hate him for.  I added that I agreed that policy aside he makes an ass out of himself and is rude to everyone.  She agrees.  To the point that she doesn't "like him" but I bet she will vote for him anyway because ...R....

But we didn't discuss his policies (such as they are) so I'm not sure.
So it wasnt the monumental failure people expected.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(07-05-2019, 10:19 AM)GMDino Wrote: Almost everything from behind the seated section.

Apparently that is a scene from a Concert on the Mall from 2008.

No umbrellas or rain gear.

That same guy's twitter account you used

[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-05-2019, 01:19 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: So it wasnt the monumental failure people expected.

yea and he didn't talk about himself, kept the focus on the military and didn't politicize it either.
It was a night mare for his detractors, so bad that all they can do us complain about his mistake with the airports in the speech.
(07-05-2019, 01:19 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: So it wasnt the monumental failure people expected.

No, just your average run of the mill Trump failure.
(07-05-2019, 01:22 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: That same guy's twitter account you used

Guess it's not shopped then.  I'll do more thorough research next time.

Still not sure about the video though.
(07-05-2019, 01:23 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: yea and he didn't talk about himself, kept the focus on the military and didn't politicize it either.
It was a night mare for his detractors, so bad that all they can do us complain about his mistake with the airports in the speech.

I'm a detractor. And it really wasn't a nightmare at all.
I never doubted he could throw a lot of money towards a celebration with much fireworks and military. I also never doubted he could read a speech from a teleprompter, and that said speech could be apolitical and fitting for the moment if someone else wrote it. I might be a bit surprised he managed to stay on topic, but that does not amount to a nightmare.

Really, why would that event change anything about anyone's detraction. He's still Trump.
(07-05-2019, 01:23 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: yea and he didn't talk about himself, kept the focus on the military and didn't politicize it either.

I dunno about a nightmare. I thought it was pretty funny that Trump is stupid (or perhaps senile) enough to think there were airports in the 1700s. Actually brightened my day a little bit.
(07-09-2019, 08:27 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I dunno about a nightmare. I thought it was pretty funny that Trump is stupid (or perhaps senile) enough to think there were airports in the 1700s. Actually brightened my day a little bit.
And what I find sad is that POTUS said many great things about America and it's history, but there are those so filled with hate that they choose to focus on one small part:

https://factba.se/transcript/donald-trump-speech-july-fourth-lincoln-memorial-july-4-2019

Approximately 15 pages of text about America on it's day of Independence and many choose to focus on one sentence because....
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-09-2019, 11:18 AM)bfine32 Wrote: And what I find sad is that POTUS said many great things about America and it's history, but there are those so filled with hate that they choose to focus on one small part:

https://factba.se/transcript/donald-trump-speech-july-fourth-lincoln-memorial-july-4-2019

Approximately 15 pages of text about America on it's day of Independence and many choose to focus on one sentence because....

Yea, someone wrote a pretty good speech for him. It's just funny that even in a pretty good speech, he still found a way to make himself look like a dumbass haha.
(07-09-2019, 11:18 AM)bfine32 Wrote: And what I find sad is that POTUS said many great things about America and it's history, but there are those so filled with hate that they choose to focus on one small part:

...and the "speech" (such as it was) was utterly and completely unnecessary.

Only the most ardent MAGA man/woman thought we NEEDED the POTUS to (poorly...even without the mistakes) read a history lesson to us on Independence Day.  Much like how he does everything DJT bucks the traditions in order to make it is done HIS way whether that is wanted or needed or even right.

That's why so many people were against it.  Rather than the traditional celebration of America and it's independence DJT tried to make it about HIM celebrating America.  And in the end he ended up looking like a fool.

So, as I said, not a monumental failure.  No, just your average run of the mill Trump failure.  Smirk
Look, Trump knows more than generals and the armchair historians combined.
(07-01-2019, 10:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: Smirk

[Image: d-sgyxbuiaawj5v.png?w=300&h=235]
[Image: airport-1775.png]
Cost $5.35 million dollars. I don’t want to hear another Republican Trump supporter whine about taxes being too high or government waste. You’ve lost that moral high ground, not that it really ever existed, FOREVER.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-fourth-july-parade-salute-america-washington-dc-speech-cost-a9000106.html?amp
(07-11-2019, 04:38 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Cost $5.35 million dollars. I don’t want to hear another Republican Trump supporter whine about taxes being too high or government waste. You’ve lost that moral high ground, not that it really ever existed, FOREVER.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-fourth-july-parade-salute-america-washington-dc-speech-cost-a9000106.html?amp

What do you consider a fair price for a National Celebration? As I would like to maintain my ability to whine and hold onto my morale high ground.

(07-11-2019, 04:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What do you consider a fair price for a National Celebration? As I would like to maintain my ability to whine and hold onto my morale high ground.

One that doesn't do this.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-s-costly-july-fourth-event-bankrupted-washington-s-security-n1028261

I suppose if it was the ONLY celebration that day, but instead it was an unnecessary ADDITIONAL "celebration" from your budget conscious Republican party and "billionaire" DJT.
(07-11-2019, 05:03 PM)GMDino Wrote: One that doesn't do this.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-s-costly-july-fourth-event-bankrupted-washington-s-security-n1028261

I suppose if it was the ONLY celebration that day, but instead it was an unnecessary ADDITIONAL "celebration" from your budget conscious Republican party and "billionaire" DJT.

So your site say $1.7 Mil; hell that sounds like a bargain, the fed should reimburse the city.

Surely your not counting the cost of the inauguration that is quoted in your link. I don't think that's a "Trump Thing"

So what's a fair price for a National Celebration?

There is no need for a national celebration while there are homeless and sick children. Our taxes should be going towards improving the country, not vanities frat parties.

P.s. you just confirmed you are a Trump supporter, since my statement was to Republican Trump supporters.