Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Trump jokes (?) that Russia should find Hillary's emails, political world reacts
(08-02-2016, 07:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm no Hillary fan, but I will say I absolutely hate the idea that a third party may have these emails and do not release them immediately.
They're letting the hoopla build, for a more dramatic effect.
The rats are running and the fun is just beginning.

As to the idea of labeling them fake....
There are far to many tags/identifiers to be able to refute them.

I hope the FBI spills their guts, before everything is released from outside the country.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
(08-01-2016, 08:58 AM)GMDino Wrote: Most people who think they get their "news" from FOX probably don't even realize they get a version of it from the likes of Hannity and BillO.  Until they want to prove that FOX News doesn't "lie".  Then they shoot down any example that is an "opinion"...even though they repeat the opinion as fact.

It would be funnier if it wasn't so sad.

Without even challenging your BS that Hannity and BillO are all lies...that's 2 hours out of a 12 or 24 hours news cycle. The irony of your post is that you quote Hannity being completely honest and transparent about his motivations, while apparently denying that what you're spoon fed doesn't have an agenda.

Yes, it IS an opinion show but that doesn't make it a "lie" because you're liberal bubble site has a different opinion.  That's what really cracks me up about the whole thing - first off, all media "lies"....second, 90% of what one side perceives as a "lie" from the other is, in fact, nothing more than a difference of opinion.  And the vast majority of you all aren't nearly smart enough to figure the truth out for yourself, especially when it comes to economics, science or taxation.

To be fair, maybe I just never hear the "lies" because I so easily and readily recognize MATERIAL truth and filter out the BS.  But I also know 99% of the population doesn't have the education and training to do that.  Which is why as a free markets Libertarian almost every liberal mistakes me for a right-winger because they're are that freaking ignorant.
--------------------------------------------------------

(08-03-2016, 03:57 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Without even challenging your BS that Hannity and BillO are all lies...that's 2 hours out of a 12 or 24 hours news cycle.  The irony of your post is that you quote Hannity being completely honest and transparent about his motivations, while apparently denying that what you're spoon fed doesn't have an agenda.

Yes, it IS an opinion show but that doesn't make it a "lie" because you're liberal bubble site has a different opinion.  That's what really cracks me up about the whole thing - first off, all media "lies"....second, 90% of what one side perceives as a "lie" from the other is, in fact, nothing more than a difference of opinion.  And the vast majority of you all aren't nearly smart enough to figure the truth out for yourself, especially when it comes to economics, science or taxation.

To be fair, maybe I just never hear the "lies" because I so easily and readily recognize MATERIAL truth and filter out the BS.  But I also know 99% of the population doesn't have the education and training to do that.  Which is why as a free markets Libertarian almost every liberal mistakes me for a right-winger because they're are that freaking ignorant.

There is a reason "lie" was in quotes.

And I clearly explained it.

There is news.  the few minutes at the top and bottom of the hour and after commercial breaks occasionally...and there are the opinion shows.

Here is their daily line up:

1. [/url]Fox & Friends First
    Hosted by Ainsley Earhardt, Heather Childers

The #1 Name in News Now Starts Earlier!
  2. 6AM
    Fox & Friends
    Hosted by Brian Kilmeade, Steve Doocy
    Mornings are always a good time with friends! Join hosts Brian Kilmeade and Steve Doocy.
  3. 9AM
    America's Newsroom
    Hosted by Bill Hemmer, Martha MacCallum

Bill Hemmer and Martha MacCallum bring you the news that matters to you!
  4. 11AM
    Happening Now
    Hosted by Jenna Lee, Jon Scott

Jon Scott and Jenna Lee will take YOU to news when and where it happens.
  5. 12PM
    Outnumbered
    Hosted by Andrea Tantaros, Harris Faulkner, Sandra Smith

They’re outspoken… out of the box…outrageous & outstandingly smart! And he’s…outnumbered!
  6. 1PM
    Happening Now
    Hosted by Jenna Lee, Jon Scott

Jon Scott and Jenna Lee will take YOU to news when and where it happens.
  7. 2PM
    America's Election HQ

America's Election HQ
  8. 3PM
    Shepard Smith Reporting
    Hosted by Shepard Smith

The way we gather it, break it and deliver it. It's all about to change! Don't miss Shepard Smith Reporting.
  9. 4PM
    Your World With Neil Cavuto
    Hosted by Neil Cavuto

From Main Street to Wall Street - All the day's headlines and all the market's moves!
  10. 5PM
    The Five
    Hosted by Dana Perino, Eric Bolling, Greg Gutfeld, Juan Williams, Kimberly Guilfoyle

The hot topics that have everyone talking from the five voices that will have everyone listening!
  11. 6PM
    Special Report w/ Bret Baier
    Hosted by Bret Baier

Join host Bret Baier and Fox's Team Washington to find out what's happening inside the Beltway and on the world stage.
  12. 7PM
    On the Record w/ Greta Van Susteren
    Hosted by Greta Van Susteren

Greta and her expert team take you inside Washington and the stories making headlines!
  13. 8PM
    The O'Reilly Factor
    Hosted by Bill O'Reilly

Hard-hitting and in your face! Bill breaks down the day's big stories in the "No Spin Zone!"
  14. 9PM
    The Kelly File
    Hosted by Megyn Kelly

Megyn Kelly gets the news of the day - with a little heat!
  15. 10PM
    Hannity
    Hosted by Sean Hannity
    [url=http://www.foxnews.com/hannity]
    Candid, controversial, and completely unleashed, Sean brings you political news of the day!

How many are news and how many are new/opinion and how many are just opinion?

An opinion CAN be wrong.  Hannity proves it all the time.

I did not say they were "all lies".  I said many people, unfamiliar with outside sources and source material, watch shows like BillO and Hannity and think they are getting what the news "really means" without ever hearing the news itself.  And when confronted with something that was an actualy lie they say it's okay because it was just an "opinion".

Like Hannity's opinion that Clinton should be in jail, or Obama's birth certificate was a real issue.

Opinions.

Wrong.

But not lies.  Just "lies" to feed the minds of the uninformed.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-03-2016, 09:24 AM)GMDino Wrote: I did not say they were "all lies".  I said many people, unfamiliar with outside sources and source material, watch shows like BillO and Hannity and think they are getting what the news "really means" without ever hearing the news itself. 

Ummmm.....would that be your "opinion"?!?

(08-04-2016, 04:49 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Ummmm.....would that be your "opinion"?!?

Fox News story:  Man gives anti-Trump speech.

Facts: Man gives anti-Trump speech.

Fox Opinion:  Man is biased, paid off by someone (we don't know who), someone else wrote it (we don't know who) and he's secretly a bad guy.

If you watch the opinion shows they present the news (things that actually happened) with their spin on it.  And I really don't have a problem as long as they don't insist that it is the truth.  It is their opinion of the facts.  And in and of itself that is fine...unless people believe that the opinions are also facts.
(08-04-2016, 08:57 AM)GMDino Wrote: Fox News story:  Man gives anti-Trump speech.

Facts: Man gives anti-Trump speech.

Fox Opinion:  Man is biased, paid off by someone (we don't know who), someone else wrote it (we don't know who) and he's secretly a bad guy.

If you watch the opinion shows they present the news (things that actually happened) with their spin on it.  And I really don't have a problem as long as they don't insist that it is the truth.  It is their opinion of the facts.  And in and of itself that is fine...unless people believe that the opinions are also facts.

First question.....do you  understand what an opinion piece actually is? I kind of feel like you have to go to left wing sites to feel like they presented their views as fact.

Second question....Do you have a point or are you just being a partisan idiot?

(08-05-2016, 03:56 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: First question.....do you  understand what an opinion piece actually is?  I kind of feel like you have to go to left wing sites to feel like they presented their views as fact.

Second question....Do you have a point or are you just being a partisan idiot?

First answer:  Yes.  That was my point about people who DO NOT understand it and taking as fact.

Second Answer:  See the 1st answer.

If I share a post from a left leaning site it is a story with fact, usually links to others stories in it.  

If I share an opinion piece on the news I will cite it as such.

For example the thread about Breitbart using the wrong photo for the Trump rally.  Whether they did it on purpose or not isn't the point.  The point is people simply believe everything they see on one site and ignore everything else.

Or they accuse the other guy of being a partisan idiot.   Mellow
(08-03-2016, 03:57 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: To be fair, maybe I just never hear the "lies" because I so easily and readily recognize MATERIAL truth and filter out the BS.  But I also know 99% of the population doesn't have the education and training to do that. 

Says the guy who claimed liberals do not worry about North Korea or Iran getting nukes.

Smirk
(08-05-2016, 01:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Says the guy who claimed liberals do not worry about North Korea or Iran getting nukes.

Smirk

Where did I do that?  Or is this just a personal attack?

(08-05-2016, 09:11 AM)GMDino Wrote: If I share a post from a left leaning site it is a story with fact, usually links to others stories in it.  

So, your consideration of "fact" is other liberal sites linking to the story?  Do you not see how you just volunteered that you are, "in fact", one of the useful idiots to which I referred?

(08-06-2016, 05:46 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: So, your consideration of "fact" is other liberal sites linking to the story?  Do you not see how you just volunteered that you are, "in fact", one of the useful idiots to which I referred?

No, you misread that.  I try to find other site too that have the same information.  If Mother Jones posts the article it will have a definite spin.  if they link to the ORIGINAL article I will link to that too whenever possible.  Or least within the story itself.

But some people will say whatever paper/site the original story is in is biased too sometimes.