Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump judicial nominee struggles to answer basic legal questions at hearing
http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/15/politics/judicial-nominee-questions-flub/index.html

Quote:A Trump judicial nominee struggled to answer basic legal questions posed to him by a Republican senator on Wednesday, including his lack of experience on trial work, the amount of depositions he'd worked on and more.

During his testimony, Matthew Spencer Petersen, who currently serves as a commissioner on the Federal Election Commission, was asked a string of questions by GOP Sen. John Kennedy of Louisiana about his experience on trials, including how many depositions Petersen had worked on--the answer was less than five -- and the last time he had read the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure -- he said he couldn't remember.

Petersen is up for a seat on the US District Court for the District of Columbia.

During the hearing, Petersen had to acquiesce on many occasions that his "background was not in litigation," despite the role he was up for. He added, "I understand the challenge that would be ahead of me if I were fortunate enough to become a district court judge."

The testimony has since been widely shared on social media. Democratic Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse of Rhode Island tweeted out a video of the incident Thursday night writing, "MUST WATCH: Republican @SenJohnKennedy asks one of @realDonaldTrump's US District Judge nominees basic questions of law & he can't answer a single one. Hoo-boy."

Petersen's testimony followed the narrow confirmation of another one of the president's judicial nominees, Leonard Steven Grasz, to the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals despite the fact that he had received a "not qualified" rating from the American Bar Association.

The White House said earlier this week that it would withdraw the nomination of Brett Talley who was also unanimously rated by the ABA as "not qualified." He was originally nominated to serve as a district judge in Alabama. The administration is also withdrawing the name of Jeff Mateer, who was up for a seat on the district court in Texas, following comments that have surfaced where he called transgender children part of "Satan's plan."
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
How the hell is a republican supposed to actually learn stuff, much less get a law degree? Law school takes what...20 some years of schooling? Between our liberal union crap agenda public school system and the liberal brainwashing students get with every year of liberal higher education how are republicans supposed to cope?

Maybe when education doesn't come with a mandatory side of "LIBERALITIS" more real American republicans will know the answers to stupid questions like the ones they railroaded this guy with.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-15-2017, 01:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: How the hell is a republican supposed to actually learn stuff, much less get a law degree?  Law school takes what...20 some years of schooling?  Between our liberal union crap agenda public school system and the liberal brainwashing students get with every year of liberal higher education how are republicans supposed to cope?

Maybe when education doesn't come with a mandatory side of "LIBERALITIS" more real American republicans will know the answers to stupid questions like the ones they railroaded this guy with.

And how exactly does this educational discrimination take place. Do kids of republican parents get less access to schools? Is there a form to fill out where this question is raised? And when in school, do republican kids get worse grades, or less computer time, are not allowed to ask questions, or are they shamed in front of the other pupils? I am a stranger, I really don't know how this works.
(12-15-2017, 03:41 PM)hollodero Wrote: And how exactly does this educational discrimination take place. Do kids of republican parents get less access to schools? Is there a form to fill out where this question is raised? And when in school, do republican kids get worse grades, or less computer time, are not allowed to ask questions, or are they shamed in front of the other pupils? I am a stranger, I really don't know how this works.

All of the above plus mandatory gayness. 
This is just embarrassing. I'm not sure anyone on either side can honestly view this as anything else....(well I mean they could but they'd be kidding themselves).
(12-15-2017, 03:41 PM)hollodero Wrote: And how exactly does this educational discrimination take place. Do kids of republican parents get less access to schools? Is there a form to fill out where this question is raised? And when in school, do republican kids get worse grades, or less computer time, are not allowed to ask questions, or are they shamed in front of the other pupils? I am a stranger, I really don't know how this works.

C'mon Sheldon.  Sarcasm.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(12-20-2017, 03:46 PM)michaelsean Wrote: C'mon Sheldon.  Sarcasm.

ThumbsUp  It's indeed hard to distuingish these times.
He dropped out of consideration.
(12-20-2017, 05:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: He dropped out of consideration.

Who gets Trump's stamp of promotion next?
(12-20-2017, 11:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Who gets Trump's stamp of promotion next?

[Image: Judge-Pirro_08-2015_2571R.jpg?itok=dZ-zhAAx]

Mellow