Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Trump, lets move on
It's not widely reported yet, but the US Senate just voted UNANIMOUSLY to condemn the MAGA hooligans along with Trump for threatening the FBI..
This should be headline news, but it isn't for some reason, but it is probably the death nell for the Magats..  

In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 01:49 PM)grampahol Wrote: It's not widely reported yet, but the US Senate just voted UNANIMOUSLY to condemn the MAGA hooligans along with Trump for threatening the FBI..
This should be headline news, but it isn't for some reason, but it is probably the death nell for the Magats..  

Or they'll use the RINO horn to bolster their self esteem (such as it is).
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 01:53 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Or they'll use the RINO horn to bolster their self esteem (such as it is).

GQP circle jerk..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Trump will be too busy screaming about the "witch hunt" from the New York Attorney General to worry about the RINOS

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 01:57 PM)grampahol Wrote: GQP circle jerk..  

What title did you give to the one currently going on in here? LOL
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 03:10 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: What title did you give to the one currently going on in here? LOL

As a schadenfreude junkie I'm mostly erect picturing the phones of so many working stiff conservatives blowing up with text messages imploring them to send even more money to their ultra-rich, ultra-innocent cult leader.

A lot of people in Trump's echelon make money by doing criminal things, but Trump has found a way to make money by getting CAUGHT doing criminal things...it's just brilliant.

He gets investigated and asks for money. He doesn't pay his lawyers or actually spend much of anything on defense, and if he actually gets fined for this he's just going to tell his followers to send him more money so he can pay it off (if he even bothers to do that) with some extra profit to take home.

This guy's ability to shake down the "fiscally conservative" among us is just...bravo.  He's like every Nigerian internet scheme out there taking every last dime from dumbass white people rolled into one. 
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 05:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: As a schadenfreude junkie I'm mostly erect picturing the phones of so many working stiff conservatives blowing up with text messages imploring them to send even more money to their ultra-rich, ultra-innocent cult leader.

A lot of people in Trump's echelon make money by doing criminal things, but Trump has found a way to make money by getting CAUGHT doing criminal things...it's just brilliant.

He gets investigated and asks for money. He doesn't pay his lawyers or actually spend much of anything on defense, and if he actually gets fined for this he's just going to tell his followers to send him more money so he can pay it off (if he even bothers to do that) with some extra profit to take home.

This guy's ability to shake down the "fiscally conservative" among us is just...bravo.  He's like every Nigerian internet scheme out there taking every last dime from dumbass white people rolled into one. 

Long title if you ask me but it’s your jerk, you do you!
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 08:37 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Long title if you ask me but it’s your jerk, you do you!

The title lasts longer than I do. 
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 05:59 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Seems like their choice for Special Master may not have worked out as they had hoped.

https://lawandcrime.com/trump/as-far-as-im-concerned-thats-the-end-of-it-skeptical-special-master-presses-trumps-lawyers-on-declassification-evasions-at-hearing/

And the 11th circuit, with two Trump appointed judges, didn't back him at all.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1572727110380453889.html

Quote:[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.84)]122 views[/color]

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.84)][Image: vd9g6ULw_bigger.jpg]
Kyle Cheney

[/color]
BREAKING: Appeals Court panel *grants* DOJ request for a stay of parts of Judge Cannon’s ruling.[Image: FdNy-LVXgAA_57Q.jpg]
"[Trump] has not even attempted to show that he has a need to know the information contained in the classified documents.
Nor has he established that the current administration has waived that requirement for these documents."
politico.com/f/?id=00000183…

The unanimous three judge panel:

Andrew Brasher: Trump appointee
Britt Grant: Trump appointee
Robin Rosenbaum, Obama appointee

politico.com/f/?id=00000183…

The panel delivered a pointed critique of Cannon's reasoning, describing it as "self-evident" that DOJ must review the potential disclosure of national security secrets to prevent harm to the public. politico.com/f/?id=00000183…
The panel also rejects Trump's claim that he mau have declassified some of the documents, saying that he's presented zero evidence to support it.

In fact, the panel doesn't event entertain it, repeatedly calling the documents unequivocally classified. politico.com/f/?id=00000183…

The thrust of the ruling: politico.com/f/?id=00000183…[Image: FdN3qTdXwAInwvc.jpg]
The panel also agreed that disclosing the classified records to the special master would simolarly harm the government. politico.com/f/?id=00000183…[Image: FdN35qjXkAA1ccS.jpg]
MORE: The three-judge panel — two appointed by Trump and one by Obama — concluded that Cannon like abused her discretion in the way she barred DOJ from accessing classified documents.

Appeals panel, in a very "we can't beleive this needs to be said but..." tone:

"Classified documents are
marked to show they are classified."

MORE: The appeals panel calls the issue of declassification a "red herring," noting that even if true, Trump would still have no personal interest in retaining the records. politico.com/news/2022/09/2…[Image: FdN9UpjXoAAYbcB.jpg]

Appeals panel also rejected Trump's claim that the appointment of a special master was unappealable, since it was intertwined with the obviously appealable decision to enjoin the criminal investigation.

politico.com/news/2022/09/2…[Image: FdN_SLgWYAAaaL0.jpg]
[Image: trump-gop-future-35302.jpg]
Appeals panel says judge erred in blocking DOJ probe of Mar-a-Lago documentsThe panel ruled that Judge Aileen Cannon erred when she prevented federal prosecutors from using the 100 documents.https://www.politico.com/news/2022/09/21/donald-trump-special-master-00058176

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.84)]• • •[/color]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
This DJT clip hurts my head.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 11:38 PM)GMDino Wrote: This DJT clip hurts my head.

They thought Hillary’s emails were there?
Reply/Quote
Maybe they were looking for Amelia Earhart, Jimmy Hoffa, and DB Cooper too while they were at it.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 02:52 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: They thought Hillary’s emails were there?

(09-22-2022, 04:51 AM)pally Wrote: Maybe they were looking for Amelia Earhart, Jimmy Hoffa, and DB Cooper too while they were at it.

Well he's "just saying" because he "doesn't know".  Mellow
Reply/Quote
So semi honest question, but who would Trump make his VP candidate? Is he going to go with an actual politician, or is he going to go full troll mode and go with Mike Lindell or JFK Junior, or something? I feel like his whole rejection of our standards and norms would lead him to be more open to picking someone who won't do him dirty like Mike "typical politician" Pence would and lead him to pick someone on the fringe or another celebrity.
Reply/Quote