NY AG James filed a lawsuit against Donald Trump
Oh boy.  

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1572626239923552258.html

Quote:[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.84)]328 views[/color]

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.84)][Image: R5k2b7qT_bigger.jpg]
NY AG James

[url=https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?in_reply_to=1572626239923552258][/url]
[/color]

Our suit against Donald Trump and the Trump Org alleges a years-long financial fraud scheme.

Here’s how Trump generated false and misleading values on his annual financial statements, which were then used to pay lower taxes, guarantee loans, and get better insurance rates: 

️Using objectively false numbers to calculate property values.

For example, Trump's apartment in Trump Tower is 10,996 square feet.

Yet, he said it was 30,000 square feet to value it at $327 million. A New York City apartment had never sold for that much. 

️Ignoring legal restrictions on properties.

At Trump Park Ave, he valued 12 rent-stabilized units at market rate, inflating the value by 65 times.

At Mar-a-Lago, he ignored development restrictions to claim the property was worth $739 million.

Its value is about $75 million. 

️Using schemes to increase the values of his golf clubs.

One such scheme was to add an inflated 15-30% Trump “brand premium,” but then claim that a brand premium was not included on his financial statements. 

️Claiming he had cash available to him that he did not.  

For several years, Trump reported money in a partnership as liquid cash. In truth, he was a minority owner with no control of the money. 

️Using fraudulent values to inflate net worth and gain benefits.

Trump’s annual financial statements included fraudulent values and were used for his own financial gain.

For example, he saved about $150 million by receiving favorable interest rates based on the statements. 

Actions have consequences. Along with referring the criminal violations we uncovered to the U.S. Department of Justice, my office is seeking to: 

- Ban Donald Trump, Donald Jr., Ivanka, and Eric from serving as an officer or director in any New York business.

- Ban Trump and the Trump Org from acquiring real estate in NY for at least 5 years. 

- Force Trump to pay $250 million in profits made from this fraud.

- Install a monitor to oversee the Trump Org's financial dealings for at least 10 years.

- Bar Trump and the Trump Org from applying for loans from any financial institution chartered in NY for at least 5 years. 

As Attorney General of New York, I made a promise to ensure the rule of law applies equally to everyone, even a former President of the United States. 

No one is above the law. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
In New York, the Attorney General can only file civil law suits. Unlike criminal cases, where the verdict is determined “beyond a reasonable doubt”, a civil case is determined by a “preponderance of evidence”. That means even if there is some doubt if 51% of the evidence shows guilt, the defendant is liable. Also unlike a criminal case where there is a 5th amendment protection against self incrimination, there is no protection in a civil case. So those 500 times Trump and his Trumplings took the 5th in their depositions can and will be admitted as evidence of their guilt.

Let us also not forget, that the Deutsche Bank official who accepted the fraudulent property valuations and gave Trump loans, was Justin Kennedy, the son of Justice Anthony Kennedy who abruptly resigned his seat allowing for the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be to shocked if Trump tied to plead the 2nd amendment, pull out a gun and threaten to shoot the judge..  He's THAT dumb.. LOL
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 03:25 PM)grampahol Wrote: I wouldn't be to shocked if Trump tied to plead the 2nd amendment, pull out a gun and threaten to shoot the judge..  He's THAT dumb.. LOL

That's not Trump's MO, hell Trump is the only current GOP panderer that I don't see holding or shooting guns now that I think of it.  Trump is a leader in the sense that he's going to just mention the 2A over and over again until someone gets the wrong idea and does something that directly benefits him against his will.

When you are in his position you have throngs of disposable henchmen to throw at any issues you have.  See also, Putin trying to get anyone from a pool of Russian men and woman age 18-60 to go die in the Ukraine for his cause.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 03:25 PM)grampahol Wrote: I wouldn't be to shocked if Trump tied to plead the 2nd amendment, pull out a gun and threaten to shoot the judge..  He's THAT dumb.. LOL

Trump is a coward at heart.  He would put himself at physical jeopardy.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote