Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Trump, lets move on
(07-21-2022, 02:24 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: i actually didn't mind Obama as much as many of my friends and fellow Republicans did cause he actually ended up being pretty conservative on some issues that are important to me, and he kept biden from being president for 8 years!

Don't get soft on the radical left on me. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 02:11 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I often wonder if the two party system doesn't need to go away myself ? 

It does, but our system requires the people in power to make changes that would dismantle the two-party system, and because that threatens their power it will never happen. This is one of those things that both parties will agree on.

(07-21-2022, 02:14 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm being honest when I say I want neither one, bad.

I can't even wrap my mind around having to choose one. They're both horrible options for different reasons.

Trump is the larger threat to democracy, as such he is the worse of the two. Both of them are horrible, but that is why I would vote for Biden over Trump 100% of the time. Biden is a product and proponent of the system.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 02:32 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: It does, but our system requires the people in power to make changes that would dismantle the two-party system, and because that threatens their power it will never happen. This is one of those things that both parties will agree on.

Trump is the larger threat to democracy, as such he is the worse of the two. Both of them are horrible, but that is why I would vote for Biden over Trump 100% of the time. Biden is a product and proponent of the system.

the "system" is the problem. trump took on the system and that ticked a whole lot of people off. 
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 02:34 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: the "system" is the problem. trump took on the system and that ticked a whole lot of people off. 

I agree the system is the problem, but the system at least favors democratic principles. Trump is anti-democratic. He wants to be an autocrat.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 02:36 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I agree the system is the problem, but the system at least favors democratic principles. Trump is anti-democratic. He wants to be an autocrat.

no he doesn't. that's just a talking point made up on the left. he wants to change the system and empower the people, not the government and that make people in Washington real nervous. 
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 09:28 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Why may I ask does the name Donald Trump come up in every conversation about current politics ? Every single time something is said about how bad Biden is screwing things up you can bet your life the name Trump is coming !

That's all we've heard ever since Biden was elected, Trump, Trump, Trump. He's in the news everyday. Thousands of articles on the internet. I'm sick to death of hearing the name Trump ! He's gone, hopefully for good.

Just face it Biden and this current administration are horrible. Trump was horrible. But you can't make Biden be good by constantly using the Trump gauge.

It's like the Lewis/Dalton thing they're gone, get over it. Trump is gone. Lets judge Biden on Biden.

Rant switch off.

When people love a POTUS, they won't let them gooooooooo.... I mean you'd think Reagan was still alive....  Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 02:41 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: no he doesn't. that's just a talking point made up on the left. he wants to change the system and empower the people, not the government and that make people in Washington real nervous. 

He literally tried to overturn the results of an election. That is the antithesis of empowering the people.

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 06:28 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: He literally tried to overturn the results of an election. That is the antithesis of empowering the people.

no sir. he tried to expose the corruption that was taking place but unfortunately the "system" is still too big and powerful. 
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 01:34 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: what are you talking about. he's as relevant as ever. candidates are fighting tooth and nail to get his endorsement. and are scared as hell to get on his bad side cause they know how much power he has. also calling people who support him names is part of the problem. how is this country supposed to come together when one side is calling the other side childish names. this country needs to grow up and focus on getting some real work done instead of hating the other side.

You obviously have only been getting your information from conservative news sources.  Everything I said was true.  His endorsed candidates are losing left and right (not all).  Traditional GOP candidates are winning.  His influence is waning.  Period.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 06:36 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: no sir. he tried to expose the corruption that was taking place but unfortunately the "system" is still too big and powerful. 

You are truly clueless.  I pity you.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 12:20 PM)pally Wrote: Much of his fan club, which is still a big part of Republicans,  won't vote if Trump isn't involved.  At least that is what the Republican politicians are afraid of.  Their vitriol drives their agendas and news coverage.  Where would current Republicans be without their very loud made-up culture wars dominating the news?  As long as they can talk about societal issues that push their base to vote, these politicians don't have to come up with actual ideas to address the economy, healthcare, housing, environment, and other real issues concerning Americans

I know that is the fear, but Trump can't win the election.  He lost big time last time and his popularity has only decreased since.  People outside his fan club are tired of Trump, and while some will not come out and vote as you say, I think it will be a small number.  Trump didn't personally increase the number of republicans and they will only vote for him.  He snowed a large number of lifelong repubs that will only vote repub only anyway.  Trump's base is the straight ticket crowd and they aren't going anywhere.  A few far right fanatics will disappear as voters, but that's probably a good thing.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 07:24 PM)Stewy Wrote: You are truly clueless.  I pity you.

That's the nice way of putting it.

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 07:29 PM)Stewy Wrote: I know that is the fear, but Trump can't win the election.  He lost big time last time and his popularity has only decreased since.  People outside his fan club are tired of Trump, and while some will not come out and vote as you say, I think it will be a small number.  Trump didn't personally increase the number of republicans and they will only vote for him.  He snowed a large number of lifelong repubs that will only vote repub only anyway.  Trump's base is the straight ticket crowd and they aren't going anywhere.  A few far right fanatics will disappear as voters, but that's probably a good thing.

don't believe everthing cnn say.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-beats-ron-desantis-joe-biden-2024-poll-despite-january-6-hearings-1721141
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 07:36 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: don't believe everthing cnn say.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-beats-ron-desantis-joe-biden-2024-poll-despite-january-6-hearings-1721141

Nice cherry picking.  Is there a reason why you didn't choose the latest poll?

https://www.newsweek.com/2024-odds-biden-harris-trump-desantis-1726687
Reply/Quote
Will not feed the troll.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 10:10 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Will not feed the troll.

I've really got get back into that habit.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 10:10 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Will not feed the troll.

I have to admit I got a giggle out of that account being accused of being fake just to make conservatives look bad when they are literally saying what many, many conservatives say on a daily basis.  Clearly not ALL conservatives along the spectrum, but many.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
Picking the reality-tv-show host, serial sexual-assaulter, pathological lying, narcissist, conman, bankruptcy king to be president. Watching in real time as the country divides, disinformation spreads, qanon and white supremacists find a home, the reality tv show host shits the bed going on TV every night for a pandemic and has HCQ and injecting bleach in the covid conversation and a shut down country, and then there is an attempted coup from the highest level of our government.

And then complaining that its time to move on
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 11:03 AM)pally Wrote: Joe was not my first choice but he was still a far better choice than his Republican opponent. Every day I thank God Trump wasn't reelected. I just shudder imagining how much worse things would be under a 2nd Trump term. I think anyone who followed Trump was screwed from the beginning. They walked into so many problems (probably way more than we have ever heard about), a totally dysfunctional Congress (getting the bills that have passed through is a major miracle), and 35% of American living in a delusional cult as open enemies of anything he said or did. Add to all the worldwide issues boiling over and we have a recipe for disaster. Joe is simply not a good enough large scale communicator nor is he dyanamic enough to be the 21st century FDR style crisis leader.

I don't disagree with that but the way Trump has damaged things is almost impossible to recover from. didn't blow up systems...his rhetoric surrounding political opponents and differences destroyed trust in fellow Americans. If you didn't buy 100% into HIM, you were an enemy that must be gotten rid of. He made the fights about people. The divisions he sowed are as wide as the pacific ocean and will not be easily crossed.

Bingo.

It has spilled into our country and possibly into the UK as well (though I'm not super-informed on that).

You should see the person running for the Conservative Party leadership right now in Canada; physically, he looks nothing like Trump, but EVERYTHING else, he is just a mini-Trump. And even if this guy DOES have a background in Politics, he's just as clueless as any non-politician has the potential to be.

Trump enabled this to the world and now it's happening outside of the US. Hell, look at the Freedom Convoy bullshit that we've had to deal with up here. Never knew that it was customary for people that were, "protesting for our freedom," to urinate and deficate on the tomb of our unknown soldier and our WWI memorial, in our nation's capital.

(07-21-2022, 02:13 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: i agree bud, biden has made a huge mess, but trump can pick back up where he left off and repair the damage and get things back on track. that's why i think people really regret going with biden in the first place. look at how far trump could've been right now.

If you haven't figured it out already, he's joking.

(07-22-2022, 07:14 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I've really got get back into that habit.

I'm still not convinced he's a troll. Mods could do an IP check to see if anything matches up (of course, could be using VPN, but still).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 11:12 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Bingo.

It has spilled into our country and possibly into the UK as well (though I'm not super-informed on that).

You should see the person running for the Conservative Party leadership right now in Canada; physically, he looks nothing like Trump, but EVERYTHING else, he is just a mini-Trump. And even if this guy DOES have a background in Politics, he's just as clueless as any non-politician has the potential to be.

Trump enabled this to the world and now it's happening outside of the US. Hell, look at the Freedom Convoy bullshit that we've had to deal with up here. Never knew that it was customary for people that were, "protesting for our freedom," to urinate and deficate on the tomb of our unknown soldier and our WWI memorial, in our nation's capital.

If you haven't figured it out already, he's joking.

I'm still not convinced he's a troll. Mods could do an IP check to see if anything matches up (of course, could be using VPN, but still).

The misspellings seem intentional, which makes me think he could be someone he ain't. Lol. The use of "there" and all the other words like that one seems intentional when I read it. 

Other than that.....I agree with everything you said!!
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote