Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Trump, lets move on
(08-14-2022, 10:54 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I've brought this up before, that Trump could respond to the GOP moving on from him by screwing over the GOP in 2024 by running as a 3rd party or saying to write him in and if he doesnt win it's rigged. 

Trump's never lost a fight graciously, as far as I know.  He's not likely to say Ron beat Me said and square and you need to give him the support you'd give me. 

He's more likely to say the GOP is corrupt and Ron cheated and you need to send me money to fight this tyranny. 

Whether he runs or not, he'll find a way to ask his followers to send him their money, and you can be sure that many of them will.  He doesn't get along with televangelists because he's a bible thumper.  He identifies with them because game recognizes game when it comes to bilking dupes out of cash.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 10:54 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I've brought this up before, that Trump could respond to the GOP moving on from him by screwing over the GOP in 2024 by running as a 3rd party or saying to write him in and if he doesnt win it's rigged. 

Trump's never lost a fight graciously, as far as I know.  He's not likely to say Ron beat Me said and square and you need to give him the support you'd give me. 

He's more likely to say the GOP is corrupt and Ron cheated and you need to send me money to fight this tyranny. 

LOL absolutely.  Hilarious

Only Trump owns the GOP now. His rival would have to run as a 3rd party, George Wallace style.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Trump will undermine any Republican candidate he didn't personally choose and who doesn't pledge 100% loyalty to him and him alone.  In other words he wants a puppet.  DeSantis is not that man.  DeSantis wants to outTrump Trump.  In shear politics he is far more extreme than Trump.  He wants victory on his own terms so he can push his so-called social agenda. He doesn't want to revisit 2020.  MAGA will only come out for Trump and Trump loyalists. That is the problem with building a party around a cult of a single personality.  They will never be able to count on those voters.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 11:29 AM)pally Wrote: Trump will undermine any Republican candidate he didn't personally choose and who doesn't pledge 100% loyalty to him and him alone.  In other words he wants a puppet.  DeSantis is not that man.  DeSantis wants to outTrump Trump.  In shear politics he is far more extreme than Trump.  He wants victory on his own terms so he can push his so-called social agenda. He doesn't want to revisit 2020.  MAGA will only come out for Trump and Trump loyalists. That is the problem with building a party around a cult of a single personality.  They will never be able to count on those voters.

We will see what happens, but as long as Trump is eligible to be president and may be even after he isn't there could be a significant percentage of republican voters who will accept no substitute and see anyone suggesting a substitute as a RINO traitor. 

Trump has already cried fake news on polls showing him losing ground to Desantis. Good luck convincing his followers desantis is the better candidate and more likely to win. 

EDIT - It'll also be interesting seeing how conservatives who wish to move on to DeSantis interact with the Trump die-hards.  Good luck convincing them that the GOP should move to DeSantis instead of Trump who won two elections in a row by a landslide.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 11:29 AM)pally Wrote: Trump will undermine any Republican candidate he didn't personally choose and who doesn't pledge 100% loyalty to him and him alone.  In other words he wants a puppet.  DeSantis is not that man.  DeSantis wants to outTrump Trump.  In shear politics he is far more extreme than Trump.  He wants victory on his own terms so he can push his so-called social agenda. He doesn't want to revisit 2020.  MAGA will only come out for Trump and Trump loyalists. That is the problem with building a party around a cult of a single personality.  They will never be able to count on those voters.

Any Republican opposing Trump would obviously be someone trying to protect the child trafficking ring that Dems and RINOs have been operating out of the Capitol. 

You can't fool MAGA world.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 11:16 AM)Dill Wrote: Any Republican opposing Trump would obviously be someone trying to protect the child trafficking ring that Dems and RINOs have been operating out of the Capitol. 

You can't fool MAGA world.

That is the thing about the GOP pushing Trump's "only I can fix it" narrative...you can't just move on from him because a different republican just isn't Trump.  It's not enough, and it's possible conservatives who want to move onto DeSantis are going to be the ones banging their heads against the Trump cult wall soon enough.

Good luck convincing a Trump fan that Ron DeSantis has a better chance of beating a democrat than a guy who won 2 elections in a row in a landslide over Hillary and Biden.

The midterms have shown that the more Trump-ey candidates are crying voter fraud on republicans and there are commercials where republican candidates with guns are going "RINO hunting."  This infighting is a direct result of Trump breaking the Reagan rule of "Never speak ill of another republican" is it not?
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 11:23 AM)Nately120 Wrote: That is the thing about the GOP pushing Trump's "only I can fix it" narrative...you can't just move on from him because a different republican just isn't Trump.  It's not enough, and it's possible conservatives who want to move onto DeSantis are going to be the ones banging their heads against the Trump cult wall soon enough.

Good luck convincing a Trump fan that Ron DeSantis has a better chance of beating a democrat than a guy who won 2 elections in a row in a landslide over Hillary and Biden.

LOL there you go.   Hilarious

The DeSantis people would have to prove that Trump really DIDN'T win the last election in a landslide. 
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 09:28 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Why may I ask does the name Donald Trump come up in every conversation about current politics ? Every single time something is said about how bad Biden is screwing things up you can bet your life the name Trump is coming !

That's all we've heard ever since Biden was elected, Trump, Trump, Trump. He's in the news everyday. Thousands of articles on the internet. I'm sick to death of hearing the name Trump ! He's gone, hopefully for good.

Just face it Biden and this current administration are horrible. Trump was horrible. But you can't make Biden be good by constantly using the Trump gauge.

It's like the Lewis/Dalton thing they're gone, get over it. Trump is gone. Lets judge Biden on Biden.

Rant switch off.

To be fair, that happens basically in every regime.
We saw when Trump was president and people complained, defenders would say, "But Obama/Hillary!"

It's people's natural reaction to compare to others to justify their own stance/belief.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Liz Cheney lost her primary yesterday.

And it was only because she refused to go along with Trump and his big lie.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2022, 10:16 AM)GMDino Wrote: Liz Cheney lost her primary yesterday.

And it was only because she refused to go along with Trump and his big lie.

Or perhaps everyone realized she was a shit politician and was replaced by someone better?

-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2022, 03:28 PM)basballguy Wrote: Or perhaps everyone realized she was a shit politician and was replaced by someone better?

On the issues there was really no difference between the two candidates beyond the whole election controversy. That's it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2022, 03:51 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: On the issues there was really no difference between the two candidates beyond the whole election controversy. That's it.

Imagine telling someone in the 2000s that the Bush and Cheney names would be tarnished in the GOP because they weren't loyal enough to Donald Trump.  Wacky. 

At any rate, it'll be interesting to see how this all plays out.  Right now it look like the GOP in a swing state (not Montana) could be facing a bit of a catch 22 wherein they need to have a Trump-endorsed election denier to win the primary, but then that Trump loyalty can adversely affect getting enough independent votes to beat the democratic candidate.

Time will tell, but it makes sense that "TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP!" is a strategy that is a slam dunk with registered republicans but then could turn off the general voting populace. 
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2022, 04:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Imagine telling someone in the 2000s that the Bush and Cheney names would be tarnished in the GOP because they weren't loyal enough to Donald Trump.  Wacky. 

Jeb got no traction and that was it for the Bush family.  
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2022, 04:47 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Jeb got no traction and that was it for the Bush family.  

I meant more along the lines of George W vouching for Biden, or at least for "not Trump" in 2020 to go along with these new developments.  
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2022, 03:28 PM)basballguy Wrote: Or perhaps everyone realized she was a shit politician and was replaced by someone better? 

Yeah, perhaps not though. Don't be naive, or say don't pretend to be naive to make a disingenuous point. This isn't about any policy issue or about Cheney not being conservative enough or anything. It is about Trump and her lack of loyalty to him and you know that. That is the state of the GOP, it's about Trump and his supporters and it was like that in other primaries too, the whole party still revolves around him like a planet around its sun. Ánd as much as you like to blame the left for being obsessed with Trump, it ain't their fault that this is so. 
Reply/Quote
It's a cult.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
The song playing in the background was a Qanon anthem and the 1 finger pointing in the air refers to their motto. He is all in with those nutjobs. I wonder what will happen when they have to choose between Trump and JFK Jr

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 01:23 PM)pally Wrote: The song playing in the background was a Qanon anthem and the 1 finger pointing in the air refers to their motto.  He is all in with those nutjobs.  I wonder what will happen when they have to choose between Trump and JFK Jr

I get that Trump will play to any crowd that will cheer him, but this is a bit unsettling.  Assuming he has a slightly reasonable MO with this presidential run, one would think the logical strategy would be to win back independents by appearing LESS insane and culty and geared towards crazy people who believe crazy things.

Trump being more open and brazen in his support for and legitimization of Q could indicate that he's through attempting to regain power in any manner that even resembles fair democracy.
Reply/Quote
Seems like their choice for Special Master may not have worked out as they had hoped.

https://lawandcrime.com/trump/as-far-as-im-concerned-thats-the-end-of-it-skeptical-special-master-presses-trumps-lawyers-on-declassification-evasions-at-hearing/
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 05:59 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Seems like their choice for Special Master may not have worked out as they had hoped.

https://lawandcrime.com/trump/as-far-as-im-concerned-thats-the-end-of-it-skeptical-special-master-presses-trumps-lawyers-on-declassification-evasions-at-hearing/

Sound the RINO alarm. 
Reply/Quote