Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump making up history
My wife sent me this one. It was good for a few laughs so I thought you'd enjoy it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/25/us/politics/in-renovation-of-golf-club-donald-trump-also-dressed-up-history.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=0
This would all be so funny if it were not true.  It is like the script for some B-movie about a pompous billionaire running for president.

I keep expecting to see Jay Bulworth rising to the top of the polls.
Trump's supporters seem to be of the mind that there is something downright admirable about a man who says whatever he wants and faces absolutely no liability for it. I'm starting to see their perspective, myself. Let's be honest, only an awesome guy could strut around with utmost confidence and spout out offensive bs, knowing full well it was both offensive and bs and get away with it.

The man is a hero. Way more of a hero than all those stupid veterans that went off to war and, you know, died and stuff.

But seriously, Trump just seems like an amped up version of Sarah Palin; far more skilled at gathering attention and saying things than actually doing them, and absolutely lauded by supporters who not only overlook blatant flaws, but find a way to turn them into baffling strengths. Astounding. I hope he wins. I'm such a sick bastard like that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-24-2015, 10:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Trump's supporters seem to be of the mind that there is something downright admirable about a man who says whatever he wants and faces absolutely no liability for it.  I'm starting to see their perspective, myself.  Let's be honest, only an awesome guy could strut around with utmost confidence and spout out offensive bs, knowing full well it was both offensive and bs and get away with it.

The man is a hero.  Way more of a hero than all those stupid veterans that went off to war and, you know, died and stuff.

But seriously, Trump just seems like an amped up version of Sarah Palin; far more skilled at gathering attention and saying things than actually doing them, and absolutely lauded by supporters who not only overlook blatant flaws, but find a way to turn them into baffling strengths.  Astounding.  I hope he wins.  I'm such a sick bastard like that.

So that's where all the Obama supporters are heading to. Ninja
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

I say to the historians, in my best Trump voice, "Prove it. Prove it didn't happen. I know a guy, great guy, who was there at the time so am I going to take the word of some guy named Gillespie or am I going to listen to a guy who was there? That's what's wrong with this country. We let immigrants in, and their children become historians, and we get this kind of one sided opinion. When I become President, all the immigrants from the 1800's will be sent back."
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(11-25-2015, 11:49 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I say to the historians, in my best Trump voice, "Prove it.  Prove it didn't happen.  I know a guy, great guy, who was there at the time so am I going to take the word of some guy named  Gillespie or am I going to listen to a guy who was there?  That's what's wrong with this country.  We let immigrants in, and their children become historians, and we get this kind of one sided opinion.  When I become President, all the immigrants from the 1800's will be sent back."

That was your best Trump voice?

Pffft.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Smirk
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-25-2015, 12:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: That was your best Trump voice?

Pffft.

Smirk

you should have heard me while i was typing it.  Had anyone been around they would testify to how it was the best Trump impersonation ever.

(11-25-2015, 12:30 PM)michaelsean Wrote: you should have heard me while i was typing it.  Had anyone been around they would testify to how it was the best Trump impersonation ever.

[Image: 2015-01-23-TRUMPGIF3.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-25-2015, 11:49 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I say to the historians, in my best Trump voice, "Prove it.  Prove it didn't happen.  I know a guy, great guy, who was there at the time so am I going to take the word of some guy named  Gillespie or am I going to listen to a guy who was there?  That's what's wrong with this country.  We let immigrants in, and their children become historians, and we get this kind of one sided opinion.  When I become President, all the immigrants from the 1800's will be sent back."

You forgot to say:
"oh and Mexico will pay for that"
(11-25-2015, 12:30 PM)michaelsean Wrote: you should have heard me while i was typing it.  Had anyone been around they would testify to how it was the best Trump impersonation ever.

This is how I know your Trump sucks.  Had you truly been able to do a good Trump impersination, there would have been 10 witnesses that provided first hand accounts of the tremendous job you had done.  Whether or not anyone was truly there.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(11-24-2015, 10:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Trump's supporters seem to be of the mind that there is something downright admirable about a man who says whatever he wants and faces absolutely no liability for it. 

It's worked for the Democrats over the years ... 

ThumbsUp
I hope they ask him how many states in the US....
(11-25-2015, 05:29 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It's worked for the Democrats over the years ... 

ThumbsUp

Really?  I'm not saying Democrats aren't full of crap (they are a major political party, after all), but Trump seems to be taking this whole thing to levels of near parody.  Seriously, if Trump were a fictitious character in a movie acting like this we'd laugh and say he's over-exaggerating.  Part of me wants to see Trump win...the guy is just absurd.