Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump manipulating the markets
I can't find where this was brought up in another thread (search function kept giving me an error) but we already know when he tweets he can cause market swings based on how the speculators and people playing games with our money react.

Today the jobs report came out.  Fairly tame.  The markets seem happy there was no backslide.

But DJT told everyone...yesterday.

Then he deleted the tweet. (At least I don't see it on his feed today.)

Edit: Not deleted. Just didn't go back far enough.

Edit: Found a story about his tweet.  https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/sep/5/trump-winks-about-really-good-jobs-report-coming-f/

Odd?  Criminal?

Or just business as usual with the Trumps?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Business as usual, but also not the way things are supposed to be done. Not sure if criminal or not, but the WH isn't supposed to know the numbers until the release.

But corruption is par for the course in this administration.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-06-2019, 01:07 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Business as usual, but also not the way things are supposed to be done. Not sure if criminal or not, but the WH isn't supposed to know the numbers until the release.

But corruption is par for the course in this administration.

So business as usual is the same as criminal.  Smirk

Well since he does it all the time no sense talking about it or reminding anyone that he's corrupt, I suppose.   Mellow
If the "markets" (investors) are still falling for Trumps lies then so be it.

Just like Trump supporters/defenders. Fool me once on you.. Fool me a thousand times and.......

Where is Bush when I need him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Just embargoed info?
Evidently, the President is manipulating the FED, as well. All we've heard for the past few months, is how "we're headed toward a recession". Well, the FED chief finally clears the air.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/fed-chief-jerome-powell-says-he-does-not-expect-a-recession/ar-AAGUmto?ocid=spartanntp

Quote:“Our main expectation is not at all that there will be a recession,” Powell said in a panel discussion at the University of Zurich.
“The U.S. economy has continued to perform well and is in a good place," he said.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(09-06-2019, 03:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Evidently, the President is manipulating the FED, as well.  All we've heard for the past few months, is how "we're headed toward a recession".  Well, the FED chief finally clears the air.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/fed-chief-jerome-powell-says-he-does-not-expect-a-recession/ar-AAGUmto?ocid=spartanntp

All we've "heard" is that there are multiple signs that have in the past shown to come before a recession.

That and that, according to Trump, the FED has no idea what it is doing.

So I guess we'll see? Smirk
(09-06-2019, 10:21 AM)GMDino Wrote:   Criminal?

Both.

Lying about a phone call from China to manipulate the market would be illegal, especially when the market responds.
(09-06-2019, 10:21 AM)GMDino Wrote: I can't find where this was brought up in another thread (search function kept giving me an error) but we already know when he tweets he can cause market swings based on how the speculators and people playing games with our money react.

Today the jobs report came out.  Fairly tame.  The markets seem happy there was no backslide.

But DJT told everyone...yesterday.

Then he deleted the tweet. (At least I don't see it on his feed today.)

Edit: Not deleted.  Just didn't go back far enough.

Edit: Found a story about his tweet.  https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/sep/5/trump-winks-about-really-good-jobs-report-coming-f/

Odd?  Criminal?

The market was up huge yesterday morning even before the 9:40 am Tweet . None-the-less my tripled leveraged S&P 500 ETFs appreciated Trump's Tweet.

Plus at 9:30 a bought a different 3x leverage ETF that I was able to sell 47 minutes later with 2.5% gain. Not a bad ride. 

Odd? Criminal? Business as usual?

Most likely Trump had no idea what the job report was to say and just tweeted out things are great to sway public support.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
He's sent his minions to the weather agencies. Demanding they retract any contradiction of the POTOS claim of Alabama getting hit with the hurricane. Manipulating markets and weather reports.

The guy is something else.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
I wouldn't be surprised if Trump didn't actually know what the jobs report was before his tweet. He just tweeted that it was really good because...well why wouldn't it be really good? 

He's Donald God Damn Trump, after all. Everything in his life is really good, especially his economy, which definitely is really good because of all the really good and strong and smart things he's done with it. 

And the not really good stuff that has occurred during his presidency? Well, that's the media's fault, not his. Only the really good stuff is his stuff. The not really good stuff is the Democrat's stuff.

As we all know.