Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump may face a reckoning in case brought by female accuser
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-may-face-a-reckoning-in-case-brought-by-female-accuser/2017/12/04/dd8f783a-d39b-11e7-b62d-d9345ced896d_story.html?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.7f9fa5d68f97

Quote:In the weeks leading up to his election, Donald Trump went on a tear against a list of women who had accused him of touching them inappropriately. One was Summer Zervos, who had been a contestant on his reality television show.

“False stories. All made up. Lies. Lies. No witnesses. No nothing. All big lies,” Trump declared at a rally after the Californian made a statement alleging that Trump kissed and groped her in a 2007 encounter at the Beverly Hills Hotel.

“Total fabrication,” he told a cheering crowd in Gettysburg, Pa. “The events never happened. Never. All of these liars will be sued after the election is over.”

As the nation wrestles with a historic shift in how to address old charges of sexual misbehavior, allegations against Trump, which date to his days as a New York developer, have become part of the public debate. Trump has repeatedly said the accusations against him are groundless. But by turning personal and branding the women liars, Trump has perhaps unwittingly played into a cutting-edge strategy in the legal pursuit of sexual misconduct — claims of defamation such as those used against comedian Bill Cosby and in a lesser-known New York case, argued by two lawyers who are now representing Zervos.

Lots more at the link.
(12-05-2017, 01:33 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-may-face-a-reckoning-in-case-brought-by-female-accuser/2017/12/04/dd8f783a-d39b-11e7-b62d-d9345ced896d_story.html?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.7f9fa5d68f97

Lots more at the link.

Serious question:  Given Trump's penchant for thinking he's smarter than everyone, do you think he really has the "best" lawyers?  I'd bet he hires people he "trusts".  Ones that saved his skin in once case or another but aren't necessarily prepared to handle the sheer volume/scope of what he is being faced with.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-05-2017, 01:51 PM)GMDino Wrote: Serious question:  Given Trump's penchant for thinking he's smarter than everyone, do you think he really has the "best" lawyers?  I'd bet he hires people he "trusts".  Ones that saved his skin in once case or another but aren't necessarily prepared to handle the sheer volume/scope of what he is being faced with.

These are the lawyers who discussed sensitive strategy stuff in a steakhouse for a reporter nearby to witness every word? Yeah no they are not that good.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I'll admit I didn't read the details, but I'll believe Trump is going to be in trouble when I see it. The guy is the poster child for "too big to fail."
I'm wondering since he's from the executive branch if he will get access to the legislative's multi-million dollar hush money fund? Or is that only for Congress members behaving badly?
As soon as I saw Gloria Allred's name, that ended all of it. Doesn't matter now if it was true or not. Funny though, she waited 8 years and only came out once he was running for POTUS? Smells politically motivated to me.
(12-05-2017, 05:36 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: As soon as I saw Gloria Allred's name, that ended all of it. Doesn't matter now if it was true or not. Funny though, she waited 8 years and only came out once he was running for POTUS? Smells politically motivated to me.

Exactly what politicians want out of their constituents.

I'm not really ecstatic about this news, it's just that I couldn't come up with a response that would matter to certain persons and so I decided to just provide an animated gif that is about equal to the level of discourse sometimes observed.
(12-05-2017, 06:09 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

I'm not really ecstatic about this news, it's just that I couldn't come up with a response that would matter to certain persons and so I decided to just provide an animated gif that is about equal to the level of discourse sometimes observed.

Bananas are grown mostly in countries with high minority populations. This is clearly racist.

Mellow
(12-05-2017, 06:09 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

It seems I've seen this style of posting before. Starts a thread that is nothing more than a link with no opinion provided, then replies with nothing more than a cartoon
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(12-05-2017, 08:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It seems I've seen this style of posting before. Starts a thread that is nothing more than a link with no opinion provided, then replies with nothing more than a cartoon

Well it's all going to be conjecture unless someone finds something really damning like, and I'm just pulling this out of the air, an actual recording of Donald Trump bragging about sexually assaulting women or something.  Could you imagine what a smoking gun like that could do for that man's credibility?

But yeah, anyways, back to more liberals throwing hail mary conjecture at our leader.
(12-05-2017, 05:36 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: As soon as I saw Gloria Allred's name, that ended all of it. Doesn't matter now if it was true or not. 

Doesn't matter?

There are several women to whom it matters, and it could as well matter to the public. Who wouldn't want to know if his president is a women molester.
(12-05-2017, 11:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well it's all going to be conjecture unless someone finds something really damning like, and I'm just pulling this out of the air, an actual recording of Donald Trump bragging about sexually assaulting women or something.  Could you imagine what a smoking gun like that could do for that man's credibility?

But yeah, anyways, back to more liberals throwing hail mary conjecture at our leader.

Good point. If anyone had an actual recording of Donald Trump making sexual advances on women against their will; then that would be something.

Otherwise making assumptions of sexual assault is hail mary conjecture as you so eloquently dubbed it.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(12-06-2017, 12:33 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Good point. If anyone had an actual recording of Donald Trump making sexual advances on women against their will; then that would be something.

Otherwise making assumptions of sexual assault is hail mary conjecture as you so eloquently dubbed it.  

Yeah he only "said" he does it and they "let him".  That doesn't mean he does it and they let him.

Heck, who wouldn't make up sexual assaults to impress Billy Bush?   Mellow
Lol this is getting sad...

Let me get this straight. So far Donald Trump has been a Traitor, Racist, and a sexual predator?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

(12-06-2017, 12:57 AM)Synric Wrote: Lol this is getting sad...

Let me get this straight. So far Donald Trump has been a Traitor, Racist, and a sexual predator?

He only admitted to be a sexual predator.  I mean, yeah, he was sued by the federal govt for discrimination but that doesn't mean he's a "racist" for not wanting to rent to blacks.

And he only tweeted about obstruction of justice not treason...yet.

But they're still investigating so....
(12-06-2017, 01:02 AM)GMDino Wrote: He only admitted to be a sexual predator.  I mean, yeah, he was sued by the federal govt for discrimination but that doesn't mean he's a "racist" for not wanting to rent to blacks.

And he only tweeted about obstruction of justice not treason...yet.

But they're still investigating so....

Sounds like reaching to me but it is what it is.

I'm a realist as long as he continues to bring in multi billion dollar deals to a country desperately needing money because the economy is struggling. I don't care if he wears a clan hood to his next rally while commenting on how nice this girls ass looks.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

I wish everyone would back off Trump now and let him finish his term. Everyone knows he is a con man and has no business being president but still is better than having a man who calls his wife "mother" holding that office in case Trump resigns or gets impeached. It was a nice try going with a non-politician but it didn't work.
(12-06-2017, 01:05 AM)Synric Wrote: Sounds like reaching to me but it is what it is.

I'm a realist as long as he continues to bring in multi billion dollar deals to a country desperately needing money because the economy is struggling. I don't care if he wears a clan hood to his next rally while commenting on how nice this girls ass looks.

Non olet... 
I'm curious though, how many multi billion dollar deals did he actually bring to that desperate country so far. I really don't know.
Also, what made your economy "struggling"... there was growth before Trump. What is the economic factor showing this struggling. Again, if there are some I'd honestly like to know.
(12-06-2017, 01:05 AM)Synric Wrote: Sounds like reaching to me but it is what it is.

Saying

(12-06-2017, 01:05 AM)Synric Wrote: I'm a realist

and then saying

(12-06-2017, 01:05 AM)Synric Wrote: as long as he continues to bring in multi billion dollar deals to a country desperately needing money because the economy is struggling.

Well, that...

But saying

I don't care if he wears a clan hood to his next rally while commenting on how nice this girls ass looks.
[/quote]

Well, THAT sounds like a Trump supporter.

ThumbsUp