Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump may face a reckoning in case brought by female accuser
(12-05-2017, 08:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It seems I've seen this style of posting before. Starts a thread that is nothing more than a link with no opinion provided, then replies with nothing more than a cartoon

I wanted to engage, but the hyper-partisanship deterred me.

(12-06-2017, 12:33 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Good point. If anyone had an actual recording of Donald Trump making sexual advances on women against their will; then that would be something.

Otherwise making assumptions of sexual assault is hail mary conjecture as you so eloquently dubbed it.  

We only have a dozen or so people that have made the claim against him. This has, unfortunately, been a more partisan issue for one side than the other.

Regardless of all of that, the article points out that this type of lawsuit is a way to actually seek out the evidence when it may have been difficult otherwise because of statutes of limitations. So this is a lawsuit about Trump being defamatory and the sexual assault is indirectly related. Because of that indirect relation, it will be on the table.
(12-06-2017, 01:05 AM)Synric Wrote: Sounds like reaching to me but it is what it is.

I'm a realist as long as he continues to bring in multi billion dollar deals to a country desperately needing money because the economy is struggling. I don't care if he wears a clan hood to his next rally while commenting on how nice this girls ass looks.

Well, these have been accusations from before the election was held, so we don't expect people that supported him prior to turn their attention to these, now. But what are these deals to which you are referring? I know of things like the Carrier thing, which the plant has continued to lay off workers. I'm not aware of any substantial deals he has actually made.
(12-06-2017, 09:11 AM)hollodero Wrote: Non olet... 
I'm curious though, how many multi billion dollar deals did he actually bring to that desperate country so far. I really don't know.
Also, what made your economy "struggling"... there was growth before Trump. What is the economic factor showing this struggling. Again, if there are some I'd honestly like to know.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/09/investing/china-trump-business-deals/index.html

Also if you don't think the US economy is ailing visit Tent City in CA. 

(12-06-2017, 09:51 AM)GMDino Wrote: Saying

and then saying

Well, that...

But saying

I don't care if he wears a clan hood to his next rally while commenting on how nice this girls ass looks.

Well, THAT sounds like a Trump supporter.

ThumbsUp
[/quote]

Actually I voted for Hilary being from a Blue state. Nice try though.

I just don't get hung up on shots being being taken at eachother both sides. It's exactly what most of this bullshit is like I said people can call him whatever they want as long as he's out there bringing in the only color that matters....Green.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-06-2017, 10:01 AM)Synric Wrote: http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/09/investing/china-trump-business-deals/index.html

Also if you don't think the US economy is ailing visit Tent City in CA. 

Actually I voted for Hilary being from a Blue state. Nice try though.

I just don't get hung up on shots being being taken at eachother both sides. It's exactly what most of this bullshit is like I said people can call him whatever they want as long as he's out there bringing in the only color that matters....Green.

It's not shots....it's his words in one case, his tweets in another, and an ongoing investigation in the third.

And if you think the US economy is doing bad visit the stock portfolio of the top 1%.

And if you voted for Clinton but can so quickly overlook the glaring flaws in Trump as a man and a President I do wonder what you are thinking.  I too wanted him to do well for the country...sadly he is still a giant embarrassment who shows no signs of becoming presidential at all, or even a non-selfish egotist.

The economy is doing fine...it's just not getting back to the workers that power the engine.

Putting our morals behind our greed is not good.  In fact I'd say it's has put the US in the position of a faltering economy that requires a con artist, snake oil salesman to make it look "good".
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-06-2017, 10:01 AM)Synric Wrote: http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/09/investing/china-trump-business-deals/index.html

Thanks, appreciated. As I see it though, there's not many actual binding contracts to see. Other things like the Boeings aren't exactly new. Overall, I guess these are the kinds of agreements every president reaches on travels like that. It didn't really take a Trump to reach such non-binding declarations that seem quite common. Maybe there's Trump magic involved, but I don't really see that as a given, especially as there's no actual investment one could speak of as of now.

I wanted to know about actual deals... please don't be mad, I just say it as I see it.

(12-06-2017, 10:01 AM)Synric Wrote: Also if you don't think the US economy is ailing visit Tent City in CA. 

Oh I never said there weren't problems. This, however, has all the looks of a wealth distribution problem, not an overall economic problem. I honestly don't know how Trump plans to tackle the homeless problem. The tax plan never pretended to have the goal of helping the poorest.

Lastly, I would argue you'd overthink the extremity of your "don't care" stance. He could wear a Klan hoodie because he talked to Xi about possible deals? Doesn't that take it too far, on a theoretical level.
(12-06-2017, 12:01 AM)hollodero Wrote: Doesn't matter?

There are several women to whom it matters, and it could as well matter to the public. Who wouldn't want to know if his president is a women molester.

Uhm that's just it.
If it's a legit claim. You wouldn't want Allred representing you. She is nothing more than a feminist ambulance chaser, it wouldn't also surprise me if she's actually paying Summer under the table to keep this charade going.
(12-06-2017, 12:52 AM)GMDino Wrote: Yeah he only "said" he does it and they "let him".  That doesn't mean he does it and they let him.

Heck, who wouldn't make up sexual assaults to impress Billy Bush?   Mellow

I suppose the against their will part (aka sexual assault/harassment) part went unnoticed by you.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(12-06-2017, 01:27 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Uhm that's just it.
If it's a legit claim. You wouldn't want Allred representing you. She is nothing more than a feminist ambulance chaser

I took a quick glance at her resume. I do get why one might not particularly like her and why some of the things she fought for might be called controversial. However, she also proved to be quite effective at times, plus she's not afraid to go after the big guys. I don't think you really can blame the woman for her choice. And even if you do, you can't possibly deduct from that choice that the allegations are not legit.

(12-06-2017, 01:27 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: it wouldn't also surprise me if she's actually paying Summer under the table to keep this charade going.

...but there's not a single lead for assumptions like that. So I have to move that one out of the picture.
If it's a legit claim. You wouldn't want Allred representing you. She is nothing more than a feminist ambulance chaser, it wouldn't also surprise me if she's actually paying Summer under the table to keep this charade going.

Ah!  Isn't that what she is arguing?  That Trump called her a liar?

Wonder why more women don't step up and tell their stories?  Mellow

Luckily men can put these "victims" in their proper place.   Mellow
(12-06-2017, 01:43 PM)hollodero Wrote: I took a quick glance at her resume. I do get why one might not particularly like her and why some of the things she fought for might be called controversial. However, she also proved to be quite effective at times, plus she's not afraid to go after the big guys. I don't think you really can blame the woman for her choice. And even if you do, you can't possibly deduct from that choice that the allegations are not legit.

...but there's not a single lead for assumptions like that. So I have to move that one out of the picture.

(12-06-2017, 01:49 PM)GMDino Wrote: Ah!  Isn't that what she is arguing?  That Trump called her a liar?

Seriously?

Do you even know what and how much Summer is suing Trump for? It's so laughable and obvious to everyone but you guys that if they had any evidence, besides he said she said, they would be asking for much much more.
(12-06-2017, 02:34 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Seriously?

Do you even know what and how much Summer is suing Trump for? It's so laughable and obvious to everyone but you guys that if they had any evidence, besides he said she said, they would be asking for much much more.

And she sued for larger amount you'd say she was just in it for the money.

Victims can't win with some people.
(12-06-2017, 01:49 PM)GMDino Wrote: Ah!  Isn't that what she is arguing?  That Trump called her a liar?

Do you believe the women who accused Bill Clinton?
(12-06-2017, 02:34 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Do you even know what and how much Summer is suing Trump for? It's so laughable and obvious to everyone but you guys that if they had any evidence, besides he said she said, they would be asking for much much more.

That's a bit of a reach to prejudge the whole thing. Maybe she isn't just in for the money. Maybe she just told the truth and doesn't like being publicly called a liar. I wouldn't like that, and I wouldn't necessarily feel the need to get a lot of money out of it - so people could prejudge me by saying "oh alright, just in for the money". Which would then again be "obvious to everyone except you guys".
(12-06-2017, 03:42 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Do you believe the women who accused Bill Clinton?

I believe...you have a serious problem that you keep following me around asking me that.
(12-06-2017, 04:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: I believe...you have a serious problem that you keep following me around asking me that.

I suppose that's a yes.  If that is the case then you have to face the fact that Hillary has been a part of a campaign to smear, degrade and discredit these women for decades.  You also have to then accept that Clinton raped a woman.  It would seem that the Democratic party has a lot to answer for in this regard.
(12-06-2017, 01:05 AM)Synric Wrote: Sounds like reaching to me but it is what it is.

I'm a realist as long as he continues to bring in multi billion dollar deals to a country desperately needing money because the economy is struggling. I don't care if he wears a clan hood to his next rally while commenting on how nice this girls ass looks.

I don't know your demographic makeup, but you have to realize this really isn't a terribly impactful statement if it's coming from a white male.
(12-06-2017, 04:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: I believe...you have a serious problem that you keep following me around asking me that.

(12-06-2017, 04:56 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I suppose that's a yes.  If that is the case then you have to face the fact that Hillary has been a part of a campaign to smear, degrade and discredit these women for decades.  You also have to then accept that Clinton raped a woman.  It would seem that the Democratic party has a lot to answer for in this regard.

Smirk
Yeah, thats the ticket.
(12-06-2017, 03:42 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Do you believe the women who accused Bill Clinton?

Do you believe the women who accused Donald Trump? 
(12-06-2017, 07:46 PM)hollodero Wrote: Do you believe the women who accused Donald Trump? 

Oh, absolutely.  I already related on this board that I have a friend who was groped by him at an event.  She was stunned and mortified and afterwards he was with a group of guys talking, they all looked over at her and laughed.  Even without that first hand account I would believe them, Trump certainly gives off that kind of vibe.

Maybe now that I've shown him how it's done GMDino will actually provide a straight answer on this topic for a change.