Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump mocks Elizabeth Warren’s heritage AND #metoo
(08-21-2018, 05:41 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I honestly had no idea who she was, but keep on telling yourself whatever you need to to feel better about yourself.

(08-21-2018, 07:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure you didn't, but keep on telling yourself whatever yo need to to feel better about yourself.  

Mellow

(05-14-2018, 10:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  Imitation is the best form of flattery. Unfortunately for you. You don't know when to use it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Not that it will keep Trump for saying anything to rile up his base...but it's always nice to post another example of him being wrong and a small human being.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-15-2018, 09:48 AM)GMDino Wrote:

Not that it will keep Trump for saying anything to rile up his base...but it's always nice to post another example of him being wrong and a small human being.

The report states "strongly suggests" 6-10 generations ago. This led her to list herself as a minority is the school directory for a decade. Are we sure Trump is the one making stuff up in this situation. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-15-2018, 06:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The report states "strongly suggests" 6-10 generations ago. This led her to list herself as a minority of a Harvard Law school application. Are we sure Trump is the one making stuff up in this situation. 

Care to edit your post to reflect what actually happened?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-15-2018, 06:12 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Care to edit your post to reflect what actually happened?

Sure, she just listed herself as a minority for a decade in the directory. Good catch. 

Actually here's a report on the whole matter from a non-biased (according to the media bias website) that folks can read for themselves:

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/dec/01/facts-behind-elizabeth-warren-and-her-native-ameri/

I get Warren wanting to get out in front of this, but I'm not sure the report helped.

(10-15-2018, 06:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure, she just listed herself as a minority for a decade in the directory. Good catch. 

Actually here's a report on the whole matter from a non-biased (according to the media bias website) that folks can read for themselves:

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/dec/01/facts-behind-elizabeth-warren-and-her-native-ameri/

I get Warren wanting to get out in front of this, but I'm not sure the report helped.

I know, and I don't disagree. The implications behind putting it on an application versus what happened, though, do create different situations. Claiming the status after being hired could have been an attempt to help the schools she was working at when it came to diversity numbers, the quotas that were really a terrible idea. But had she put it on the application that would be a self-serving attempt at getting a leg up on the competition in a hiring situation.

Neither situation should have been done, but the distinction there does make a difference.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-15-2018, 06:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The report states "strongly suggests" 6-10 generations ago. This led her to list herself as a minority is the school directory for a decade. Are we sure Trump is the one making stuff up in this situation. 

At 6 generations ago, she would be 1/32nd Native American

At 10 generations ago, she would be 1/512th Native American

Most tribes requirement range from 1/4th to 1/8th blood to be an official member of their tribe. There a few that require 1/2 and 1/16th, and very few don't have these limits but must have lineage proof.

Myself I am 1/64th because my mom's great great great grandma was Cherokee. Maybe half Cherokee, which drops the fraction down even lower.

Regardless, I never think of myself as a Native American, nor would I ever use the reference 'our heritage'. Let alone even considering using any of that on any employment document I am handing in.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(10-15-2018, 06:38 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I know, and I don't disagree. The implications behind putting it on an application versus what happened, though, do create different situations. Claiming the status after being hired could have been an attempt to help the schools she was working at when it came to diversity numbers, the quotas that were really a terrible idea. But had she put it on the application that would be a self-serving attempt at getting a leg up on the competition in a hiring situation.

Neither situation should have been done, but the distinction there does make a difference.

People get on me all the time when I try to make small distinctions and try to gloss it over like its semantics, but minor distinctions or re-wording of something makes all the differences in instances like this.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(07-06-2018, 10:49 AM)fredtoast Wrote: But at least they deny supporting him.  Does that count for anything?

Just like before the election they were embarrassed to admit they were going to vote for him.

I was and have been supporting him all along.

Not embarrassed at all, sometimes he's a little out there, but hey, like you, he's entitled to say what he wants, only difference is no one listens to you anyways. He's just talking shit to keep his name relevant in the media. He's not stupid, he's got half the US believing that half the media is fake, so when they report all this negative stuff about him, half don't believe it anyways and look at it as the media unfairly attacking the POTUS, so keep it going, he's just scoring more votes off the Media with out putting much effort into it.

And that's some funny shit. The political mud slinging was going on long before Trump got into Office. He's just starting to take it to a WWF Level. And anyone that believe Warren is a Native American is a dumbass anyways. 7-10 Generations back!!!  HAHAHAHAHA

She doesn't even meet the Blood Quantum requirements in order to be called a Native American of any tribe, not even close. I grew up in Oklahoma, just cause you grow up there, doesn't make you a Native American. Almost all of us that have ancestors that have been in the US for 5+ Generations are going to have a string of Native American DNA in us.

Trump 2020
(10-15-2018, 06:59 PM)Millhouse Wrote: At 6 generations ago, she would be 1/32nd Native American

Most tribes requirement range from 1/4th to 1/8th blood to be an official member of their tribe. There a few that require 1/2 and 1/16th, and very few don't have these limits but must have lineage proof.

Myself I am 1/64th because my mom's great great great grandma was Cherokee. Maybe half Cherokee, which drops the fraction down even lower.

Regardless, I never think of myself as a Native American, nor would I ever use the reference 'our heritage'. Let alone even considering using any of that on any employment document I am handing in.

Nah, you forgot to include Warren in that math. Minimum 6 generations ago, as in, 6 generations PLUS Warren.

Warren: 1/64
1 Gen Ago: 1/32
2 Gen Ago: 1/16
3 Gen Ago: 1/8
4 Gen Ago: 1/4
5 Gen Ago: 1/2
6 Gen Ago: 1

So it's actually either 1/64 at most. That moves your lowest amount to 1/1024 at 10 generations ago.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
EDIT: I have been reading apparently there's also no distinction in DNA tests on if they are North or South American natives either, as Native Americans have refused to feed into the DNA databases, so there's zero way to even prove that little amount is Cherokee. (Though conversely I suppose there's no way to prove that little amount isn't Cherokee either.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(07-06-2018, 04:38 PM)GMDino Wrote: More from the "man" you continue to defend.

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-mccain-bush-dying-1010966

President Thinskin strikes again.

Well he's got a point, I didn't get it either when Bush was promoting it.
And I never liked McCain either.

Guess that makes me a bad person to.

(07-06-2018, 04:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: It was in the OP.  Clearly.

But all the responses were about Warren.

Sad.

You want someone to comment on it quite bad don't  you? Not even your side is take up the trumpet for #MeToo#
Seriously, they lost all credibility by stepping in to the political ring against Kavanaugh, once they did that, they are fair game.
(10-15-2018, 07:21 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Nah, you forgot to include Warren in that math. Minimum 6 generations ago, as in, 6 generations PLUS Warren.

So it's actually either 1/64 at most. That moves your lowest amount to 1/1024 at 10 generations ago.

Apparently her great-great-great-grandmother was Native American from what she claims, which would make her 1/32nd.

The generation wording is a bit confusing though, because she is the current generation. 2nd generation would be a parent. 3rd grandparent. 4th great. 5th great great. 6th great x's 3.

That said dont take this like I care, because I really don't, just had time on my hands earlier LoL.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(10-15-2018, 07:18 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote:  He's not stupid, he's got half the US believing that half the media is fake, so when they report all this negative stuff about him, half don't believe it anyways and look at it as the media unfairly attacking the POTUS, so keep it going, he's just scoring more votes off the Media with out putting much effort into it.

Actually you are one of the rubes that he has fooled.  Overall more people believe the media is trustworthy (52%) than Trump (37%).  Luckily only most republicans fall for his lies

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/02/23/president-trump-media-quinnipiac-poll/98283962/

The survey said that 52% of voters trust the media, with only 37% saying they trusted Trump more.

Among Democrat voters, 86% said they were more inclined to believe the media than the president, while 78% of Republican voters said that Trump tells them the truth, not the media, according to the poll.
(10-15-2018, 07:21 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Nah, you forgot to include Warren in that math. Minimum 6 generations ago, as in, 6 generations PLUS Warren.

That's a big IF her 6 gen was even pure Native American. Highly unlikely and the lowest of the Tribes I know is 1/16, so she's not close.

I'm a member of the Slapaho's tribe.   Sarcasm
(10-15-2018, 07:36 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Apparently her great-great-great-grandmother was Native American from what she claims, which would make her 1/32nd.

The generation wording is a bit confusing though, because she is the current generation. 2nd generation would be a parent. 3rd grandparent. 4th great. 5th great great. 6th great x's 3.

That said dont take this like I care, because I really don't, just had time on my hands earlier LoL.

Yeah, no idea. I just know even the site which broke the story made the correction to 1/64 and 1/1024.

Fair enough on the not caring. I am personally only interested so far as for a chuckle.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
"Ha, Drumpf is done. for good this time. I could be as much as 1/64 Native American. 2020 is mine!"

-Elizabeth Warren 5 minutes before making her results public.
(10-15-2018, 07:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually you are one of the rubes that he has fooled.  Overall more people believe the media is trustworthy (52%) than Trump (37%).  Luckily only most republicans fall for his lies

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/02/23/president-trump-media-quinnipiac-poll/98283962/

The survey said that 52% of voters trust the media, with only 37% saying they trusted Trump more.

Among Democrat voters, 86% said they were more inclined to believe the media than the president, while 78% of Republican voters said that Trump tells them the truth, not the media, according to the poll.

You missed the point of my story, surprise!!

Waa waa Fred, I don't care about the actual Numbers, does 12/25 make you happy? 
Besides your story is from one of those fake sites, we can't trust them.  Hilarious Hilarious
(10-15-2018, 07:21 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: EDIT: I have been reading apparently there's also no distinction in DNA tests on if they are North or South American natives either, as Native Americans have refused to feed into the DNA databases, so there's zero way to even prove that little amount is Cherokee. (Though conversely I suppose there's no way to prove that little amount isn't Cherokee either.)

I heard this test used Colombian DNA as Native American since they didn't have enough native American DNA.
(10-15-2018, 06:59 PM)Millhouse Wrote: At 6 generations ago, she would be 1/32nd Native American

As i said: I do not think the test did Warren any favors and IMO she would have been better off letting that sleeping dog lie. It is obvious that she was less than truthful when she listed herself as a minority. She should have at least explained why she did that (a good PR writer could come up with something) instead of saying "see, I'm proud of our heritage". It reminds me of when Hills said the one thing she always carries is a bottle of hot sauce. 

Does the DNA test account for cheekbones?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall