Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Trump now accused of colluding....
...with a hurricane! LOL

Some deranged lefty journalist suffering from TDS obviously.

Another hurricane is about to batter our coast. Trump is complicit.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/another-hurricane-is-about-to-batter-our-coast-trump-is-complicit/2018/09/11/ccaed766-b5fb-11e8-a7b5-adaaa5b2a57f_story.html?utm_term=.4ebf15f2ff2e
(09-12-2018, 08:07 PM)Vlad Wrote: ...with a hurricane! LOL

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/another-hurricane-is-about-to-batter-our-coast-trump-is-complicit/2018/09/11/ccaed766-b5fb-11e8-a7b5-adaaa5b2a57f_story.html?utm_term=.4ebf15f2ff2e

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-12-2018, 08:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Remarkable choice of gif, as I always imaged that was how your love life went, before you found the brave woman that said "yes"..   Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(09-12-2018, 08:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Remarkable choice of gif, as I always imaged that was how your love life went, before you found the brave woman that said "yes"..   Ninja

(09-12-2018, 08:07 PM)Vlad Wrote: ...with a hurricane! LOL

This is right up there with Bernie blaming Terrorism on Global Warming.

I've heard the left has introduced a bill that requires every hurricane to be named Donald.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Nothing to worry about....

I'm sure he didn't even evacuate.   Mellow
So weather is climate change again. I do miss the glory days before hurricanes though.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-12-2018, 09:13 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So weather is climate change again. I do miss the glory days before hurricanes though.

Actually it is weather, high pressure, that was stalling the hurricane.

Climate change affect the intensity.
(09-12-2018, 09:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: Actually it is weather, high pressure, that was stalling the hurricane.

Climate change affect the intensity.

Oh?  Does that mean previous to 'Murica, there were only weak and puny hurricanes?

Did our predecessors name their storms weak names like Reginald, Milquetoast, or Sofia? I'm curious about this whole hypothesis, now.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(09-12-2018, 09:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Oh?  Does that mean previous to 'Murica, there were only weak and puny hurricanes?

No.

There are a lot of factors that go into the intensity.

Water temperature (rising) affects it a good bit though.

So, for example, there can be an instance of a powerful hurricane in 1935...but a more frequent instance of powerful hurricanes over the last 20 years as temperatures continue to rise.
(09-12-2018, 09:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Oh?  Does that mean previous to 'Murica, there were only weak and puny hurricanes?

Did our predecessors name their storms weak names like Reginald, Milquetoast, or Sofia?  I'm curious about this whole hypothesis, now.

They seem to have been more seldom. Since 1970, the number of hurricanes of category 4/5 has almost doubled.
That's widely contributed to higher water temperatures that increase the likelihood of hurricanes forming and them getting stronger.
(09-12-2018, 09:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: No.

There are a lot of factors that go into the intensity.

Water temperature (rising) affects it a good bit though.

So, for example, there can be an instance of a powerful hurricane in 1935...but a more frequent instance of powerful hurricanes over the last 20 years as temperatures continue to rise.

(09-12-2018, 09:30 PM)hollodero Wrote: They seem to have been more seldom. Since 1970, the number of hurricanes of category 4/5 has almost doubled.
That's widely contributed to higher water temperatures that increase the likelihood of hurricanes forming and them getting stronger.

Well, if all those folk in the 3rd World Countries would stop multiplying, and urinating in the water, perhaps the temperature would go back to normal?  Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(09-12-2018, 09:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, if all those folk in the 3rd World Countries would stop multiplying, and urinating in the water, perhaps the temperature would go back to normal?  Ninja

Literally a drop in the ocean compared to the CO2 we humans create.   Smirk
(09-12-2018, 09:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: Literally a drop in the ocean compared to the CO2 we humans create.   Smirk

Yes, the US has done volumes to reduce their input to global warming.  If only we could get places like China and Russia on board...

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(09-12-2018, 10:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, the US has done volumes to reduce their input to global warming.  If only we could get places like China and Russia on board...

Agreed.

However because others won't doesn't mean we should stop.  Or worse, reverse the actions we have already taken.

IMHO.

Edit to add the US should be a LEADER in these issues...not a follower.
Wow.

People who actually think they are being clever when they deny that humans contrubuted to climate change and global warming.
(09-12-2018, 10:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, the US has done volumes to reduce their input to global warming.  If only we could get places like China and Russia on board...

https://qz.com/1247527/for-every-1-the-us-put-into-renewable-energy-last-year-china-put-in-3/

Last year nearly half of the world’s new renewable energy investment of $279.8 billion (pdf, p.11) came from China, according to a report published April 5 by Bloomberg New Energy Finance, and the sustainable energy finance center run by the United Nations Environment Program and the Frankfurt School of Finance and Management. China’s investment in renewable energy—excluding large hydro projects—rose 30% compared with 2016, and was more than three times of that of the US, whose investment in the sector dropped 6% from 2016 to $40.5 billion last year.

Too bad they don't have Fox News in China to convince people that global warming is a hoax. Ninja
(09-12-2018, 10:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wow.  

People who actually think they are being clever when they deny that humans contrubuted to climate change and global warming.

I don't think anyone is saying that. I think they're are laughing at the idiocy for blaming Trump.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(09-12-2018, 09:30 PM)hollodero Wrote: They seem to have been more seldom. Since 1970, the number of hurricanes of category 4/5 has almost doubled.

I do question humanity's ability to accurately record all hurricanes and the category of them earlier than modern ages. In today's society we have satellites watching most of the planet.

Keep in mind until not that long ago, people thought Rogue Waves were a sailor myth. Then once they were proven to be a fact, they thought they were a rare occurrence. Then once we started getting satellites watching the world from up high, it turned out that they were actually pretty common.

Any information that comes on hurricanes frequency/category that happened before we had full satellite coverage watching our coasts sending information down to us, I will take with a grain of salt.

Not to say that what you said isn't necessarily true, just that I will look upon a vague general claim like that with some skepticism.

Also doesn't help that you're talking a span of 48 years on a planet that was in an Ice Age until 11,500 years ago.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(09-13-2018, 12:01 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I do question humanity's ability to accurately record all hurricanes and the category of them earlier than modern ages. In today's society we have satellites watching most of the planet.

Keep in mind until not that long ago, people thought Rogue Waves were a sailor myth. Then once they were proven to be a fact, they thought they were a rare occurrence. Then once we started getting satellites watching the world from up high, it turned out that they were actually pretty common.

Any information that comes on hurricanes frequency/category that happened before we had full satellite coverage watching our coasts sending information down to us, I will take with a grain of salt.

Not to say that what you said isn't necessarily true, just that I will look upon a vague general claim like that with some skepticism.

Also doesn't help that you're talking a span of 48 years on a planet that was in an Ice Age until 11,500 years ago.

So "people" thought Rogue Waves were a myth--until the advance of science and measuring instruments proved that wrong.

Now science/instruments and scientists tell us climate change is anthropogenic and linked to the increase in frequency and size of hurricanes, and you take that with a grain of salt.

I'm a little puzzled here. Seems like science is first the good guy, the final authority on natural phenomena, then suddenly it is not.