Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump of the East
In the Phippines election Rodrigo Duerte has unofficially won the election. He has a 23% lead over the next closest candidate with 3/4 of all votes counted so far.

http://www.bigstory.ap.org/article/6ce5c8dc2b3a4e55b3c2d6dcb4234404/philippine-officials-voting-president-vice-president-other

He is often referred to as the Trump of the East or as the Punisher.

Could this be a prelude of the US elections?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Quote:All of you who are into drugs, you sons of bitches, I will really kill you

OK then. Fair warning.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(05-09-2016, 05:32 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: In the Phippines election Rodrigo Duerte has unofficially won the election. He has a 23% lead over the next closest candidate with 3/4 of all votes counted so far.

http://www.bigstory.ap.org/article/6ce5c8dc2b3a4e55b3c2d6dcb4234404/philippine-officials-voting-president-vice-president-other

He is often referred to as the Trump of the East or as the Punisher.

Could this be a prelude of the US elections?

These type of candidates are winning all over the world.   Look at Europe and see the parties who are gaining influence and power.    We are going to a nationalistic direction in the world it seems.  
(05-11-2016, 10:28 AM)michaelsean Wrote: OK then.  Fair warning.

Oh that's just one of the many things he talks about.

He told the cops if you are corrupt, you have 2 choices, retire now, or end up dead.  How well he can clean up all of the Philippines remains to be seen, but he did do a great job in Davao. In Fact Davao is considered the safest city in all of Southern Asia.

He's really a smart guy, but also very against drugs and corruption. 

He plans to work with China over the Islands that they are taking over by having them pay to build up the infrastructure in the Philippines. Once their infrastructure gets taken care of, their economy is going to sky rocket and the Chinese will be flocking to invest there.

Just so you guys understand, he's also an outsider. Typically in the Ph, the Presidents have ties to previous Presidents via marriage or being their child of one of them. Famous actors/actresses also get in on it. So it's a pretty tight group. He is not married to any of the top families and does not have the connections that the others do. This is part of the reason why the people of the PI are following him. Nothing gets done under the other Presidents, this guy has a proven track record for getting things done. Such as making it a safer place, goes right after terrorist groups, corrupt officials equally and with no mercy.

Remember, I just left there 3 weeks ago, and everyone that I talked to Supported Duerte, so it's no surprise to me that he won. If he had lost, then it would've been a surprise, and I would suspect foul play with the votes.
Btw...Philippines are west.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

A woman a work with is married to a Philippino and she said her husband is pretty much behind this guy. I guess they are so fed up with the corruprion that they want someone to come in and clean house. Literally.