Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump on Colbert
Now, if you're looking for some entertainment.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I think the "Did you say it or I say" bit kinda backfired on Colbert. He even threw in a Charles Manson quote to try and trip up Trump. I think he's like many here and thinks Trump is dumb.

(09-23-2015, 01:15 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I think the "Did you say it or I say" bit kinda backfired on Colbert. He even threw in a Charles Manson quote to try and trip up Trump. I think he's like many here and thinks Trump is dumb.

I wonder how on earth he would reach that conclusion...

Quote:I have a great relationship with the Blacks. I’ve always had a great relationship with the Blacks.

Laziness is a trait in blacks.

Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are little short guys that wear yarmulkes every day.

All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me—consciously or unconsciously. That’s to be expected.

I think the only difference between me and the other candidates is that I’m more honest and my women are more beautiful.

You know, it doesn’t really matter what [the media] write as long as you’ve got a young and beautiful piece of ass.

It’s freezing and snowing in New York. We need global warming!

Remember, new ‘environmentally friendly’ lightbulbs can cause cancer. Be careful: the idiots who came up with this stuff don’t care.

Sorry losers and haters, but my I.Q. is one of the highest—and you all know it! Please don’t feel so stupid or insecure. It’s not your fault.

"She does have a very nice figure. I've said if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her."
-Donald Trump
(09-23-2015, 01:50 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: I wonder how on earth he would reach that conclusion...

-Donald Trump

Nice try but sarcasm, innuendo, and even racist comments doesn't constitute being "dumb".

You want to find dumb, look for democrat politicians...the notion that there are 2 sovereign Vietnams, that islands float, that Roosevelt went on TV, that we planted the flag on Mars, that Arizona is not a border state...just few brilliant comments to come out of the mouths of Democrats. That is what you call dumb. 
Intelligent people I've known have, without exception, been more articulate with a more expansive vocabulary.

Trump grew up rich and was raised in the best private schools, and yet talks like a neanderthal. He's not stupid, but he's hardly brilliant.
(09-23-2015, 02:12 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: Nice try but sarcasm, innuendo, and even racist comments doesn't constitute being "dumb".

You want to find dumb, look for democrat politicians...the notion that there are 2 sovereign Vietnams, that islands float, that Roosevelt went on TV, that we planted the flag on Mars, that Arizona is not a border state...just few brilliant comments to come out of the mouths of Democrats. That is what you call dumb. 

Racist comments aren't "dumb"? What would you call them? "Smart"? "True"? Mellow

"Democrat politicians" is grammatically incorrect.

So you have to combine various quotes from a bunch of different Democrats over the years to draw an adequate comparison to the compendium of dumb quotes from just one man? Great point. ThumbsUp
(09-23-2015, 01:50 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: I wonder how on earth he would reach that conclusion...

-Donald Trump

Oh, I see you have made the same erroneous assumption.

I for one was disappointed in his interview and thought he took it WAYYYY to easy on Trump. I imagine that even Colbert's "corporate higher ups" probably pushed to get Trump booked for the ratings and in order to do so was probably given a "hands off" or "gentle slap" in order to get him on the show! Doesn't anyone else feel he really didn't give his all?
(09-23-2015, 01:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh, I see you have made the same erroneous assumption.

By inference are you saying that despite Trump not really saying anything of substance yet, and his racist, sexist tone you think he is smart?  Smart being the opposite of dumb.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-23-2015, 01:45 PM)count35 Wrote: I for one was disappointed in his interview and thought he took it WAYYYY to easy on Trump. I imagine that even Colbert's "corporate higher ups" probably pushed to get Trump booked for the ratings and in order to do so was probably given a "hands off" or "gentle slap" in order to get him on the show! Doesn't anyone else feel he really didn't give his all?

Its a different format than The Report.  None of these late night guys are going to go hard at the candidates so I didn't expect much.  Colbert is just good at giving them enough rope to hang themselves without him having to say too much himself.
(09-23-2015, 01:48 PM)GMDino Wrote: By inference are you saying that despite Trump not really saying anything of substance yet, and his racist, sexist tone you think he is smart?  Smart being the opposite of dumb.

yes, I think Trump is a smart man. He has a arogance that comes with being a life-long Billionaire, but he is not dumb. Perhaps too arrogant to always use PC speech.

Did you see the interview?

(09-23-2015, 02:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: yes, I think Trump is a smart man. He has a arogance that comes with being a life-long Billionaire, but he is not dumb. Perhaps too arrogant to always use PC speech.

Just parts of it.

I think he knows what he needs to know and the rest he fakes and hopes the people he hired make it work.

Like Carson is a brilliant neurologist...but pretty clueless about other fields of science.

They have their "specialties".
(09-23-2015, 02:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: yes, I think Trump is a smart man. He has a arogance that comes with being a life-long Billionaire, but he is not dumb. Perhaps too arrogant to always use PC speech.

Let's be clear about this. Is saying that "laziness" is a trait in "blacks" is only politically  incorrect?
I don't put a lot of stock into the way people speak, especially if they are public figures designed for mass-consumption. Clinton, Carter, Bush, and Palin all sound like backwoods hayseed morons, and a few of them are actually Rhodes Scholar types. I can't remember which, though.

At any rate, you have to give the people what they want. Donald's character gets a response, and if he isn't actually playing a character and that's how he really is/thinks, then lucky him for not having to put on a mask to get through to the masses.
(09-23-2015, 02:15 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Let's be clear about this. Is saying that "laziness" is a trait in "blacks" is only politically  incorrect?

No, that would be politically incorrect.

(09-23-2015, 02:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No, that would be politically incorrect.

Ah. Classic bfine evasiveness.
Trump was dumb enough to be duped by the "truthers" on the issue of Obama's birth certificate.

He admits that he gets his foreign policy information from watching TV.

He doesn't know that they have ladders in Mexico.

So I don't think he is really that bright.