Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Trump on undocumented immigrants: 'These aren't people. These are animals.'
What a wonderful, Christian man.   Mellow

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/05/16/trump-immigrants-animals-mexico-democrats-sanctuary-cities/617252002/

Quote:President Trump used extraordinarily harsh rhetoric to renew his call for stronger immigration laws Wednesday, calling undocumented immigrants "animals" and venting frustration at Mexican officials who he said "do nothing" to help the United States.

“We have people coming into the country or trying to come in, we're stopping a lot of them, but we're taking people out of the country. You wouldn't believe how bad these people are," Trump said. 

"These aren't people. These are animals."

Trump's comments came in a freewheeling, hour-long White House meeting with local California leaders opposed to so-called "sanctuary city" policies. "California's law provides safe harbor to some of the most vicious and violent offenders on Earth, like MS-13 gang members putting innocent men, women, and children at the mercy of these sadistic criminals," he said.

His comment about "animals" came after Fresno County Sheriff Margaret Mims complained that state law forbids her from telling U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement about undocumented immigrants in her jail — even if she suspects they're part of a gang.

"There could be an MS-13 member I know about. If they don’t reach a certain threshold, I cannot tell ICE about it," she said.

Trump's remarks were reminiscent of his first press conference as a presidential candidate in 2015, when he said the United States had become a "dumping ground" for people other countries didn't want.

"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best," he said then. "They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

Trump has been particularly vocal in opposing so-called "sanctuary city" policies, in which some jurisdictions have refused to fully cooperate with federal immigration authorities. On Wednesday, he highlighted California cities who do cooperate, inviting mayors and sheriffs opposed to the state's predominant policy.

"Each of you has bravely resisted California's deadly and unconstitutional sanctuary state law," Trump told them.
In other comments, Trump:

► Called for Attorney General Jeff Sessions to investigate Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf for warning undocumented immigrants of an upcoming sweep by immigration agents. "You talk about obstruction of justice, I would recommend that you look at obstruction of justice for the mayor, Jeff," the president said.

► Expressed frustration at his southern neighbor for not doing more to stop the flow of refugees and immigrants into the United States. "Mexico does nothing for us, they do nothing for us. Mexico talks, but they do nothing for us, especially at the border," he said. "Certainly don’t help us much on trade."

► Blamed Democrats for a policy of separating children from their parents when undocumented families enter the United States. 
"I know what you're going through with families is very tough," he told Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen. "But those are the bad laws the Democrats gave us. We have to break up families. The Democrats gave us that law. It's a horrible thing we have to break up families."

He's a sick sad man (that a couple of the "usual suspects" will defend now) but his choice of words makes me believe that it must part of a dialywhiner/breitbart indoctrination piece too.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-16-2018, 10:39 PM)GMDino Wrote: What a wonderful, Christian man.   Mellow

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/05/16/trump-immigrants-animals-mexico-democrats-sanctuary-cities/617252002/

He's a sick sad man (that a couple of the "usual suspects" will defend now) but his choice of words makes me believe that it must part of a dialywhiner/breitbart indoctrination piece too.

Why are you blaming Trump???

"I know what you're going through with families is very tough," [Trump] told Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen. "But those are the bad laws the Democrats gave us. We have to break up families. The Democrats gave us that law. It's a horrible thing we have to break up families."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-16-2018, 10:50 PM)Dill Wrote: Why are you blaming Trump???

"I know what you're going through with families is very tough," [Trump] told Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen. "But those are the bad laws the Democrats gave us. We have to break up families. The Democrats gave us that law. It's a horrible thing we have to break up families."

He is right. We desperately need to modernize our immigration policy with some common sense limits. Also we need to move to a less racial policy.
Okay, were he referring to all of the border crossers as animals, then there would be reason for outrage. But the context of this statement is in reply to commentary and questions about MS-13 specifically. I am not saying the statements aren't problematic. Otherizing people in this way is never a good thing, especially when you have such a high profile. But the media seems to be making this into a case of him saying this about all undocumented immigrants and not just about these specific gang members. There is a difference.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
So is the "states rights" crowd going to support California on this sanctuary city issue?
(05-17-2018, 08:59 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So is the "states rights" crowd going to support California on this sanctuary city issue?

-crickets-
People suck
(05-17-2018, 08:59 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So is the "states rights" crowd going to support California on this sanctuary city issue?

Sure as long as it's across the board for all states.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(05-16-2018, 11:19 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He is right.  We desperately need to modernize our immigration policy with some common sense limits.  Also we need to move to a less racial policy.

Hilarious
(05-17-2018, 09:09 AM)Griever Wrote: -crickets-

You did "crickets" after 10 minutes?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

So Trump hired "animals" rather than law-abiding taxpaying US citizens in order to make more money. Outstanding.

As long as it is not in violation of federal law then of course.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(05-17-2018, 08:55 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Okay, were he referring to all of the border crossers as animals, then there would be reason for outrage. But the context of this statement is in reply to commentary and questions about MS-13 specifically. I am not saying the statements aren't problematic. Otherizing people in this way is never a good thing, especially when you have such a high profile. But the media seems to be making this into a case of him saying this about all undocumented immigrants and not just about these specific gang members. There is a difference.

I’m shocked. Can’t believe the media would ever do anything like this....

Immigration policy is a federal matter. Obama sued when Arizona tried to secure their border.
(05-17-2018, 09:13 AM)GMDino Wrote: Hilarious

Once again you have no idea how immigration works. Not all races have the same chance to get in this country. The trump point system actually is non racial as it looks at everything else only. But please don’t let the facts get in the way of your chicanery.
(05-17-2018, 08:55 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Okay, were he referring to all of the border crossers as animals, then there would be reason for outrage. But the context of this statement is in reply to commentary and questions about MS-13 specifically. I am not saying the statements aren't problematic. Otherizing people in this way is never a good thing, especially when you have such a high profile. But the media seems to be making this into a case of him saying this about all undocumented immigrants and not just about these specific gang members. There is a difference.

I finally listened to it and this is exactly correct.  He was directly referring to MS13 members when he made the "animals" comment.  As someone who has dealt with this gang extensively I can tell you that his term is more generous then I would typically use.  MS13 likes to dispatch their victims with edged weapons, typically machetes.  We recently had a case where two MS13 members raped and then chopped two girls up with machetes in Griffith Park.  Mind you, in the southern California area MS is subservient to the Mexican Mafia so we don't even get them at their most extreme.

Bfine rather nails this question below.

(05-17-2018, 10:44 AM)bfine32 Wrote: As long as it is not in violation of federal law then of course.  

Exactly.  

Of course not!  This isn't abortion!

Mellow
(05-17-2018, 10:50 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I finally listened to it and this is exactly correct.  He was directly referring to MS13 members when he made the "animals" comment.  As someone who has dealt with this gang extensively I can tell you that his term is more generous then I would typically use.  MS13 likes to dispatch their victims with edged weapons, typically machetes.  We recently had a case where two MS13 members raped and then chopped two girls up with machetes in Griffith Park.  Mind you, in the southern California area MS is subservient to the Mexican Mafia so we don't even get them at their most extreme.

Bfine rather nails this question below.

Exactly.  

That is awful, animal like behavior.

I couldn't find a link tot he story about it though.  I'm not doubting you (sincerely) I just wanted to read about it as that didn't make our news out here.  In fact MS13 never makes the news in our area unless Trump is talking about them.
(05-17-2018, 10:55 AM)GMDino Wrote: That is awful, animal like behavior.

I couldn't find a link tot he story about it though.  I'm not doubting you (sincerely) I just wanted to read about it as that didn't make our news out here.  In fact MS13 never makes the news in our area unless Trump is talking about them.

There are some great documentaries on ms-13.

They are this violent because of the way El Salvador has been dealing with civil wars over and over. Which is why I used the term savages/animals in the past. There was also a tv show a while back that did gangs as well. Ms 13 was on there a lot.
(05-17-2018, 10:59 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There are some great documentaries on ms-13.

Is this case in there?  As it was recent I wanted to see how it plays out.
(05-17-2018, 11:01 AM)GMDino Wrote: Is this case in there?  As it was recent I wanted to see how it plays out.

I added to the above post. Probably while you were responding.

Not on SSF’s specific case but this isn’t anything knew with ms-13. It’s very interesting and you would probably enjoy some background. Which has affected how I view El Salvador. A lot of similar violence, they drag bodies up and down the streets to mark territory with their blood. After they chop off limbs.