Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump paid IRS fine after illegal political contribution
(09-13-2016, 12:26 AM)GMDino Wrote: Remember kids you can;t trust Clinton because...reasons.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/09/12/there-were-five-phantom-donations-in-the-files-of-donald-trumps-foundation-heres-what-we-know/?postshare=1391473698673815

That's right, kids. Clinton is NOT a liar, but remember Trump is because 4 times his charity made donations that were allegedly never received. Rolleyes

Just because I know you'll bring it up, I'm not saying Trump is not a liar. He is. I'm just flabbergasted that you continue to deny that Hillary is.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(09-13-2016, 08:58 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Next question, why is the IRS auditing Trump charity during a Presidential campaign? Why not audit The Clinton's charities as well? Hmmmmm

If I recall correctly, Trump has his records audited quite frequently. Not his charity, Trump himself. The more you make combined with certain things reported in your filings up your chances of being audited.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-13-2016, 12:20 PM)PhilHos Wrote: That's right, kids. Clinton is NOT a liar, but remember Trump is because 4 times his charity made donations that were allegedly never received. Rolleyes

Just because I know you'll bring it up, I'm not saying Trump is not a liar. He is. I'm just flabbergasted that you continue to deny that Hillary is.

Did I say she wasn't? 
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-13-2016, 12:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: Did I say she wasn't? 

So when you said: Remember kids you can;t trust Clinton because...reasons.

Most people reading what you originally said will come to the conclusion that you are sarcastically saying that Clinton really IS trustworthy. Liars are by their very definition not trustworthy. Ergo you were claiming Clinton was not a liar. I rest my case. *drops the mic* [insert similar cliche here]
(09-13-2016, 09:20 AM)GMDino Wrote: 1) Well you don't know that they are not.

2) This is a newspaper investigation into public records...not the IRS.

3) If they ARE investigating the Clinton charities and not finding anything what would they report?

Well I believe they are also Auditing Trump.

If they were auditing the Clintons, and found nothing, I'm sure the Clintons would be all over that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-13-2016, 12:44 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So when you said: Remember kids you can;t trust Clinton because...reasons.

Most people reading what you originally said will come to the conclusion that you are sarcastically saying that Clinton really IS trustworthy. Liars are by their very definition not trustworthy. Ergo you were claiming Clinton was not a liar. I rest my case. *drops the mic* [insert similar cliche here]

Huh.  I figured most people would see that accusations against the Clinton foundation have thus far been unfounded while the Trump charities have been found to be riddled with corruption.  Meanwhile folks have "reasons" to  distrust Clinton.

That doesn't mean she never lies it means you need to do better than accusations that in fact are more applicable to her opponent.
(09-13-2016, 01:18 PM)GMDino Wrote: Huh.  I figured most people would see that accusations against the Clinton foundation have thus far been unfounded while the Trump charities have been found to be riddled with corruption.  Meanwhile folks have "reasons" to  distrust Clinton.

That doesn't mean she never lies it means you need to do better than accusations that in fact are more applicable to her opponent.
People don't mistrust Clinton because of the Clinton foundation. They mistrust her because she is a liar.

The lengths Clinton supporters will go to defend her ... lol

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk
(09-13-2016, 09:48 PM)PhilHos Wrote: People don't mistrust Clinton because of the Clinton foundation. They mistrust her because she is a liar.

The lengths Clinton supporters will go to defend her ... lol

Oh!  She lies!

Yawn
(09-13-2016, 10:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: Oh!  She lies!

Yawn
Finally! A Hillary supporter admits it! Hope flows eternal. Mellow

(09-14-2016, 03:48 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Finally! A Hillary supporter admits it! Hope flows eternal. Mellow

Please provide any time I said she did not ever lie.  K?  Thanks!
(09-14-2016, 03:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: Please provide any time I said she did not ever lie.  K?  Thanks!
So you're now admitting you're a Hillary supporter?

(09-14-2016, 03:53 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So you're now admitting you're a Hillary supporter?

I'm questioning your assertion that a Hillary supporter admitted she lied.

You can believe what you like about who I support...I never said she never lied.

ThumbsUp
Remember Trump supporters:  You think THIS guy is more trustworthy than anyone else running for office.

AND you keep saying the other candidates have done worse...with no proof.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-used-258000-from-his-charity-to-settle-legal-problems/2016/09/20/adc88f9c-7d11-11e6-ac8e-cf8e0dd91dc7_story.html

Quote:Trump used $258,000 from his charity to settle legal problems

Donald Trump spent more than a quarter-million dollars from his charitable foundation to settle lawsuits that involved the billionaire’s for-profit businesses, according to interviews and a review of legal documents.

Those cases, which together used $258,000 from Trump’s charity, were among four newly documented expenditures in which Trump may have violated laws against “self-dealing” — which prohibit nonprofit leaders from using charity money to benefit themselves or their businesses.

In one case, from 2007, Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club faced $120,000 in unpaid fines from the town of Palm Beach, Fla., resulting from a dispute over the height of a flagpole.

In a settlement, Palm Beach agreed to waive those fines — if Trump’s club made a $100,000 donation to a specific charity for veterans. Instead, Trump sent a check from the Donald J. Trump Foundation, a charity funded almost entirely by other people’s money, according to tax records.

[Image: image002_c.jpg?uuid=GsRdjn88EeaNE9fHBO-f2Q]
The check to charity from the Trump Foundation.

In another case, court papers say one of Trump’s golf courses in New York agreed to settle a lawsuit by making a donation to the plaintiff’s chosen charity. A $158,000 donation was made by the Trump Foundation, according to tax records.

The other expenditures involved smaller amounts. In 2013, Trump used $5,000 from the foundation to buy advertisements touting his chain of hotels in programs for three events organized by a D.C. preservation group. And in 2014, Trump spent $10,000 of the foundation’s money on a portrait of himself bought at a charity fundraiser.

Or, rather, another portrait of himself.

Several years earlier, Trump used $20,000 from the Trump Foundation to buy a different, six-foot-tall portrait.

Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) railed against GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump from the Senate floor Sept. 20. Reid accused Trump of being "incapable of making money honestly." (C-SPAN)

If the Internal Revenue Service were to find that Trump violated self-dealing rules, the agency could require him to pay penalty taxes or to reimburse the foundation for all the money it spent on his behalf. Trump is also facing scrutiny from the New York attorney general’s office, which is examining whether the foundation broke state charity laws.

More broadly, these cases­ also provide new evidence that Trump ran his charity in a way that may have violated U.S. tax law and gone against the moral conventions of philanthropy.

“I represent 700 nonprofits a year, and I’ve never encountered anything so brazen,” said Jeffrey Tenenbaum, who advises charities at the Venable law firm in Washington. After The Washington Post described the details of these Trump Foundation gifts, Tenenbaum described them as “really shocking.”
[/url]

“If he’s using other people’s money — run through his foundation — to satisfy his personal obligations, then that’s about as blatant an example of self-dealing [as] I’ve seen in awhile,” Tenenbaum said.

The Post sent the Trump campaign a detailed list of questions about the four cases but received no response.

The Trump campaign released a statement about this story late Tuesday that said it was “peppered with inaccuracies and omissions,” though the statement cited none and the campaign has still not responded to repeated requests for comment.

The New York attorney general’s office declined to comment when asked whether its inquiry would cover these new cases­ of possible self-dealing.

Trump founded his charity in 1987 and for years was its only donor. But in 2006, Trump gave away almost all the money he had donated to the foundation, leaving it with just $4,238 at year’s end, according to tax records.

Then, he transformed the Trump Foundation into something rarely seen in the world of philanthropy: a name-branded foundation whose namesake provides none of its money. Trump gave relatively small donations in 2007 and 2008, and afterward, nothing. The foundation’s tax records show no donations from Trump since 2009.

[[url=https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/2016-election/trump-lies/]In 2007, Trump had to face his own falsehoods. And he did, 30 times.
]

Its money has come from other donors, most notably pro-wrestling executives Vince and Linda McMahon, who gave a total of $5 million from 2007 to 2009, tax records show. Trump remains the foundation’s president, and he told the IRS in his latest public filings that he works half an hour per week on the charity.

The Post has previously detailed other cases in which Trump used the charity’s money in a way that appeared to violate the law.
https://thinkprogress.org/trump-foundation-statement-6ceae1474b4d#.3oxqrhoam

Quote:[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Trump smears reporter, insists his foundation is not a scam
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.439216)]But he didn’t deny any specific claims contained in an incriminating string of reports.[/color]
[/color]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]
[Image: 1*9gdtloDpdKMtfQ8b3RUnVw.jpeg]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.6)]CREDIT: AP PHOTO/EVAN VUCCI[/color]
[/color]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]A Washington Post report published yesterday found that Donald Trump used Trump Foundation money for his personal benefit, including more than $250,000 to settle legal problems for his business interests. Those instances appear to violate laws prohibiting charities from “self-dealing.” The report comes on the heels of the Trump Foundation paying a $2,500 tax penalty for an improper political gift to a committee supporting Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi ®.

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.439216)][color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.901961)]Trump Foundation wasn’t Trump’s money, but he sure treated it like it was[/color]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.6)]Report finds the Republican nominee may have violated IRS self-dealing rules.[/color]thinkprogress.org
[/url]
[/color]

Tuesday night, Trump responded to the Post’s reporting. But instead of refuting any specific factual claims, his campaign released a statement baldly asserting “there was not, and could not be, any intent or motive for the Trump Foundation to make improper payments.” The campaign did not deny, however, that the improper payments occurred. Trump also smeared Post reporter David Fahrenthold, who has published a string of incriminating reports about his foundation.

[Image: 1*SEa-56YkaGkZvH0KBzAnNg.jpeg]
Pressed about alleged Trump Foundation improprieties during a CNN interview Tuesday night, Trump campaign manager Kellyanne Conway [url=https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/778412812368506881]said
, “Mr. Trump has been incredibly generous throughout his career.” Her evidence? “I’m up in his office in Trump Tower routinely when he is writing — he is signing checks to help people. That isn’t even part of the foundation. I mean, could you imagine?” Yet Trump Foundation records indicate Trump hasn’t contributed any of his personal money to the foundation since 2008.

One thing that could clear up exactly how charitable Trump has been would be for him to release his tax returns. But in a move unprecedented for a modern major-party presidential candidate, Trump steadfastly refuses. Last week, Donald Trump Jr. said his father will not do so because it would create a “distraction” and people would have a lot of “questions.”

Trump has refused to answers questions from reporters about his taxes, the Trump Foundation, or anything else for weeks. He hasn’t held a press conference since one in late July where he encouraged Russian hackers to “find” tens of thousands of emails deleted from Hillary Clinton’s server.

These days, he makes regular appearances on friendly Fox News programming, including a scheduled Wednesday night town hall discussion with Sean Hannity focusing on “African-American concerns.”

Hannity, who has never asked Trump a difficult question in hours of interviews, stars in a new Trump promotional video.
[/color]
(09-21-2016, 11:12 AM)GMDino Wrote: statement baldly asserting “there was not, and could not be, any intent or motive for the Trump Foundation to make improper payments.”

And as Hillary taught us, the most important element in whether or not a crime was committed was intent. As there was no intent to commit a crime here, then no crime was committed. Ninja