Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trump praises supporters who tried to run Biden bus off road, hit staffer's suv
(11-03-2020, 12:24 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Not hypocrisy, but irrationality. 

As this thread demonstrated folks took a meme and a tweet and reached their verdict. I commented neither way  on which party(ies) were at fault. 

I simply applauded the fact that the FBI was looking into it. It also appears the local Police Department has also looked into it.

You tried to detract from the desire of the FBI investigating by parroting some "deep state" notion. That's why I agreed with Phil that a problem is folks will make things up. 

Well that clears something up at least.

No one "detracted" from the idea of the FBI investigating the incident. "Some deep state notion" would have to be "parroted" from Trump. It is he and his minions who seriously claim some deep state--which includes the FBI--has pursued one long coup against his presidency.

In the post-truth age of Trump, while the president of the US tells massive lies licensing supporters to intimidate the opposition, your imagined mission is to out people who "make shit up" ABOUT Trump and Trump supporters. Like those Trump critics are really the people who don't "give a shit about truth," not Trump and followers.  And defenders.

This time the occasion is a train of pro-Trumpers coordinating their vehicles traveling at freeway speeds with stated intent to stop a Biden-Harris bus on a freeway, against its driver's will. A reckless action then tweet cheered by the president himself, leading some board members to voice their disapproval, while you could "comment neither way." 

Well, not quite "neither way." You could comment on those board members who "reached a verdict."

So what I "detracted" from was your "desire" to see PnR forum commentators as somehow ready to "make things up" based on their own observation and the like, while you posed as the unbiased observer.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Reports are now saying the group who blocked the bus was part of a QANON Facebook group and the "operation" was pre-planned. Crazy to think that this conspiracy group is continuing to be enabled. Think about this for a second, the group thought or reasonably should have thought, that a sitting U.S. Senator was on that bus.

In a sane world, we call an organized operation (of armed people) to forcibly stop a vehicle transporting high-level political figures a terrorist plot.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 10:46 PM)Dill Wrote: Liberals making up shit is just not one of the problems the country is facing now.

I can't really say I agree, but that's an argument for a different time . One of the problems I think we can all agree the country is facing right now are the violent riots that the liberals are okay with.  ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 09:11 AM)Au165 Wrote: Reports are now saying the group who blocked the bus was part of a QANON Facebook group and the "operation" was pre-planned. Crazy to think that this conspiracy group is continuing to be enabled. Think about this for a second, the group thought or reasonably should have thought, that a sitting U.S. Senator was on that bus.

In a sane world, we call an organized operation (of armed people) to forcibly stop a vehicle transporting high-level political figures a terrorist plot.

In a sane world what do we call an organized operation (of armed people) occupying major US cities? An idea?

Personally I think whomever placed folks in jeopardy on that public road is found and prosecuted to the full extent of the law. I just fall on the side of let the law determine who is at fault.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 09:11 AM)Au165 Wrote: Reports are now saying the group who blocked the bus was part of a QANON Facebook group and the "operation" was pre-planned. 

How did they know where the bus was going to be?
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 11:06 AM)PhilHos Wrote: How did they know where the bus was going to be?

IDK, that's something for the FBI to figure out. My guess is they knew the bus was going to an event and knew where it was coming from.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 11:06 AM)bfine32 Wrote: In a sane world what do we call an organized operation (of armed people) occupying major US cities? An idea?

There is probably a thread for that, please stick to the topic in this thread rather than trying to deflect and derail.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 11:06 AM)bfine32 Wrote: In a sane world what do we call an organized operation (of armed people) occupying major US cities? An idea?

Personally I think whomever placed folks in jeopardy on that public road is found and prosecuted to the full extent of the law. I just fall on the side of let the law determine who is at fault.

It's possible to lodge an opinion on here and still think an actual investigation is warranted.   
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 10:56 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Dill Wrote: Liberals making up shit is just not one of the problems the country is facing now.

I can't really say I agree, but that's an argument for a different time . One of the problems I think we can all agree the country is facing right now are the violent riots that the liberals are okay withThumbsUp

Not aware of any violent riots that liberals are okay with.

That sounds "made up."

One of the problems I think we can't all agree the country is facing right now is that the president abusing his power to sabotage the election. His praise of those harassing the Biden Bus is just one incident in a pattern.

That Americans cannot agree the president is  the problem is the problem.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 11:49 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It's possible to lodge an opinion on here and still think an actual investigation is warranted.   

Sure, opinions are encouraged. Jumping to conclusions is not.

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 01:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure, opinions are encouraged. Jumping to conclusions is not.

Jumping to conclusions is really only an issue if you refuse to change your mind once you've concluded.  I'd say the conclusion that Trump and his ultra fans are repeat offenders is what drives this latest bit of rushing to judge. 

In not standing in the way of an investigation here but im not on the jury yet. 
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 01:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Jumping to conclusions is really only an issue if you refuse to change your mind once you've concluded.  I'd say the conclusion that Trump and his ultra fans are repeat offenders is what drives this latest bit of rushing to judge. 

In not standing in the way of an investigation here but im not on the jury yet. 

Yes. Trump and his supporters alone are known for conducting demonstrations that impede traffic and puts citizens at risk. 

Of course folks can jump to conclusions as quickly as they like. But I'm more of a "light a candle" instead of "curse the darkness" type.

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 01:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes. Trump and his supporters alone are known for conducting demonstrations that impede traffic and puts citizens at risk. 

Of course folks can jump to conclusions as quickly as they like. But I'm more of a "light a candle" instead of "curse the darkness" type.

Then have faith that if/when we see the reality of the situation we will adjust accordingly.  
Reply/Quote
Why is it that EVERYONE can't just say this was stupid and dangerous, period, without trying to find ways to say 'well, it wasn't that bad.' I really get tired of seeing people on any side trying to defend blatant stupidity just because it's done by someone in their tribe. This was a clear case of blatant stupidity and there is no way around it or excuses to be made for it. 
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 02:30 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Why is it that EVERYONE can't just say this was stupid and dangerous, period, without trying to find ways to say 'well, it wasn't that bad.' I really get tired of seeing people on any side trying to defend blatant stupidity just because it's done by someone in their tribe. This was a clear case of blatant stupidity and there is no way around it or excuses to be made for it. 

This is where I'm at. It's why I said glad the FBI is investigating and whomever is at fault is charged and prosecuted.

Reply/Quote
Oh snap!! This was real?

I thought this was one of those fancy Hollywood advertising jobs for the new movie "Mad Maxx 2021 Trump's Second Term"
Reply/Quote
Very fine people.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 01:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes. Trump and his supporters alone are known for conducting demonstrations that impede traffic and puts citizens at risk. 

Mellow

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/caravans-of-trump-supporters-block-traffic-on-nj-parkway-ny-bridge/2699128/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxwvF6EnbCI
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 11:29 AM)Au165 Wrote: There is probably a thread for that, please stick to the topic in this thread rather than trying to deflect and derail.

I did stick to the topic, you just quoted a portion of my post. 

Reply/Quote
There were no red flags about January 6th, how could we have known?
Reply/Quote