Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump's Healthcare Reform
"Being able to shop around and find the best deal possible will also drop prices because everyone will try to make things as cheap as possible (while still making a profit) to draw in interest."

FYI I charge $10 for testicular cancer screenings. Plus special package deals are available that include unlimited prostate exams.

PM me if interested.
(03-08-2016, 02:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: "Being able to shop around and find the best deal possible will also drop prices because everyone will try to make things as cheap as possible (while still making a profit) to draw in interest."

FYI  I charge $10 for testicular cancer screenings.  Plus special package deals are available that include unlimited prostate exams.

PM me if interested.

BTW, Brad, this is a joke.
(03-07-2016, 01:21 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Love the spin, costs are still increasing but it seems like you're paying less because we're hiding your true cost from you.  

When someone else pays more, I pay less - that's the dream!

When was the last time healthcare or health insurance costs went down?
(03-08-2016, 03:30 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: When was the last time healthcare or health insurance costs went down?

As a share of the economy it was mostly flat from about 1990-2000.  But it should probably track inflation.  However, the population is also aging and people are living longer so that's a pretty big driver of increases, as well.
--------------------------------------------------------

(03-08-2016, 05:44 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: As a share of the economy it was mostly flat from about 1990-2000.  But it should probably track inflation.  However, the population is also aging and people are living longer so that's a pretty big driver of increases, as well.

So the costs haven't went down for at least two decades before Obamacare?  "Love the spin."
(03-09-2016, 02:46 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So the costs haven't went down for at least two decades before Obamacare?  "Love the spin."

There's no spin.  They haven't gone down because of Obamacare, either.  And that was entirely predictable.  Although I think they're jiggering out-of-pocket now to artificially suppress premiums.

Or, in case you weren't paying attention, premium increases had already slowed BEFORE the implementation of Obamacare due to the recession, actually even before the recession.

(03-08-2016, 05:44 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: As a share of the economy it was mostly flat from about 1990-2000.  But it should probably track inflation.  However, the population is also aging and people are living longer so that's a pretty big driver of increases, as well.

Health insurance premium rose 131% from 1999 to 2009.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(03-08-2016, 08:47 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Trump himself proved he doesn't understand the policy at the debate. He then hired someone to write a detailed proposal. Congrats, Trump supporters, your guy can pay people to write the policy he doesn't understand.

Just like a career politician
Care to give specifics about how he proved that he doesn't understand the policy?

(03-08-2016, 02:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: BTW, Brad, this is a joke.

Just like a high majority of the rest of your posts  ThumbsUp
(03-09-2016, 03:58 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: There's no spin.  They haven't gone down because of Obamacare, either.  And that was entirely predictable.  Although I think they're jiggering out-of-pocket now to artificially suppress premiums.

Or, in case you weren't paying attention, premium increases had already slowed BEFORE the implementation of Obamacare due to the recession, actually even before the recession.

You were complaining about increasing costs.  I asked when was the last time the costs went down.  You still haven't shown when the costs went down.  One of the biggest criticisms of Obamacare was it didn't control the cost of healthcare or health insurance.  So what are you complaining about?  If Obamacare did control costs you would complain about government regulation.
(03-09-2016, 04:17 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Health insurance premium rose 131% from 1999 to 2009.

They did, but not nearly as much in the decade I mentioned (at least as a % of GDP).

The increases slowed around 2007, a good 5 years or so before Obamacare was implemented.  The increases have actually ticked up a bit from what they were the previous several years.

There's an article over on FactCheck.org on it.  There's is a lot of contentious debate about whether Obamacare has caused a small decrease in escalating premiums, or none at all.  Most everyone acknowledges the bulk of the slowdown is mainly attributable to the recession and anemic recovery.

(03-09-2016, 04:35 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You were complaining about increasing costs.  I asked when was the last time the costs went down.  You still haven't shown when the costs went down.  One of the biggest criticisms of Obamacare was it didn't control the cost of healthcare or health insurance.  So what are you complaining about?  If Obamacare did control costs you would complain about government regulation.

Umm, no, I wasn't complaining about increasing costs.  I was complaining that Obamacare hasn't done anything to slow costs which, you know, was the MAIN reason for it and chiding the "spin" that it's had a significant impact on lowered costs. 

You agree with me, so I'm not sure either one of us knows what you're attempting to debate.

(03-09-2016, 05:02 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Umm, no, I wasn't complaining about increasing costs.  I was complaining that Obamacare hasn't done anything to slow costs which, you know, was the MAIN reason for it and chiding the "spin" that it's had a significant impact on lowered costs. 

You agree with me, so I'm not sure either one of us knows what you're attempting to debate.

What is the difference between complaining Obamacare hasn't slowed cost and complaining about increasing costs despite Obamacare?
http://kff.org/report-section/health-care-costs-a-primer-2012-report/

[Image: slide18.png]

When have the costs went down?  Just capitalist doing what capitalist do best.  Right?  You're a capitalist so why are you complaining about the costs?
(03-09-2016, 05:25 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: When have the costs went down?  Just capitalist doing what capitalist do best.  Right?  You're a capitalist so why are you complaining about the costs?

LMFAO.  I never said the costs went down, so stop arguing with something I didn't say.

Go back and re-read my first post you responded to and read what I replied to so you can understand the context and comprehend the point being made.

And for like the third or fourth time, I'm not complaining about the costs.  I'm complaining about Obamacare and the defensive spins that it has accomplished its objectives. 

(03-09-2016, 06:48 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: LMFAO.  I never said the costs went down, so stop arguing with something I didn't say.

Go back and re-read my first post you responded to and read what I replied to so you can understand the context and comprehend the point being made.

And for like the third or fourth time, I'm not complaining about the costs.  I'm complaining about Obamacare and the defensive spins that it has accomplished its objectives. 

For a guy who isn't complaining about the costs you sure are doing a good impersonation of a guy complaining about costs . . .

(03-07-2016, 01:21 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Love the spin, costs are still increasing but it seems like you're paying less because we're hiding your true cost from you.  

When someone else pays more, I pay less - that's the dream!

I didn't claim you wrote costs were going down.  I noted you were bitching about the costs increasing (see bold.)  Therefore, I asked a good, little capitalist like yourself when did the cost ever decrease?  I'm still waiting for you to tell me. Information gathered by the Kaiser Family Foundation indicates a steady increase in costs over the last half century.  That's capitalism at its best.  So as a capitalist who believes is squeezing the last penny out of customers, why are you bitching when capitalists are squeezing pennies out of you?