Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congressman Who Restricted Gun Violence Research Has Regrets
(10-07-2015, 01:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I see your point.  To carry it a step farther the issues of "mass shootings" are completely different from "gun violence", and anytime somone suggest a step to help control "gun viloence" some will dismiss it just because it will not stop "mass shootings".

The huge number of gun deaths and injuries due to accidents should be enough to justify the research.

I agree, especially with that last point. I'm just saying that the way these discussions happen, often after a mass shooting, does nothing to assist the dialogue that needs to be occurring.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-07-2015, 01:24 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I agree, especially with that last point. I'm just saying that the way these discussions happen, often after a mass shooting, does nothing to assist the dialogue that needs to be occurring.

Well that's because its "too soon" to have a dialogue.  Unless that dialogue is to berate the other side for talking about it.  :snark:
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.