Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump's Qualities
Ok ok......I'm tired of hearing all of the negative about the Donald for the time being.  Tell us what are some of his qualities that would make him a good President?  Don't mention Hillary at all.  Why would voting for him be a good idea? 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

(10-17-2016, 12:56 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Ok ok......I'm tired of hearing all of the negative about the Donald for the time being.  Tell us what are some of his qualities that would make him a good President?  Don't mention Hillary at all.  Why would voting for him be a good idea? 

[Image: giphy-facebook_s.jpg]
This says it all.  Even long standing conservatives around here can't think of any qualities that would make Trump a good POTUS.  This was supposed to be a serious discussion.  I wasn't trying to be sarcastic, it was a legitimate question.  What's some of his good qualities that would make him a good POTUS?  For people that still haven't made up their mind. 
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(10-18-2016, 12:55 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: This says it all.  Even long standing conservatives around here can't think of any qualities that would make Trump a good POTUS.  This was supposed to be a serious discussion.  I wasn't trying to be sarcastic, it was a legitimate question.  What's some of his good qualities that would make him a good POTUS?  For people that still haven't made up their mind. 

In just the last week I had a discussion with two separate people on Facebook about this.

They were friends of friends.  I did not know them personally.

One listed all the things Trump was going to do.  When I responded with facts about what he could actually do he said, and I swear he said this, he would post facts to prove me wrong but he didn't want to waste his time.

The second gentleman took to just replying "idiot" every time I proved he lied/was wrong.

Lastly I had a go round with the topic of why Conservative Christians support Trump.

There are no answers short of he is a Republican.

It is sad.  And funny.  But mostly sad.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-18-2016, 12:55 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: This says it all.  Even long standing conservatives around here can't think of any qualities that would make Trump a good POTUS.  This was supposed to be a serious discussion.  I wasn't trying to be sarcastic, it was a legitimate question.  What's some of his good qualities that would make him a good POTUS?  For people that still haven't made up their mind. 

Genuinely interested in a response here as well.  Good thread.
I'm tuned into this one as well...

As I said in another thread not one Trump supporter I know can defend him without mentioning Hillary.
(10-18-2016, 01:22 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I'm tuned into this one as well...

As I said in another thread not one Trump supporter I know can defend him without mentioning Hillary.

That's what I'm afraid of running into here.  I'd like to see someone post a list of his good presidential qualities.....without mentioning Her.   

(10-18-2016, 01:22 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I'm tuned into this one as well...

I can.  The Constitution was not written for career politicians but for citizen-legislators.  Donald Trump is very much in the original tradition of the Founding Fathers whose idea was to have regular people run for office, serve a short time, and return to their lives and live under the laws they made.  Trump has been living under the laws and regulations made by careerists and he knows the damage they cause.  During the primary I wanted any of the three true outsiders to win the nomination: Trump, Ben Carson, or Carly Fiorina.
I like his stance on trade and his desire to renegociate NAFTA (bet a cost for a wall is included) and stop TPP.

I like that he wants to scrap Obamacare and allow companies to compete across statelines

Soft on legalization of Marijuana (research and perhaps legalize or state by state)

Wants NATO to pay its share of World policing

Let Russia fight ISIS

Create VA health service to try to reduce suicide numbers

Strong rulers make the M.E. more stable

Stop H-1b Visas

Tough on illegal immigration

Defund abortions

Opposes Common Core

Cut federal Funding to Sacurary Cities
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-18-2016, 02:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I like his stance on trade and his desire to renegociate NAFTA (bet a cost for a wall is included) and stop TPP.

Not sure a renegotiation of NAFTA is possible, but I can get behind stopping TPP completely.  Not that I'm against global trade as a whole, but the secrecy of its formulation makes it an absolute no go, completely aside from what has been leaked.  
(10-18-2016, 02:19 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I can.  The Constitution was not written for career politicians but for citizen-legislators.  Donald Trump is very much in the original tradition of the Founding Fathers whose idea was to have regular people run for office, serve a short time, and return to their lives and live under the laws they made.  Trump has been living under the laws and regulations made by careerists and he knows the damage they cause.  During the primary I wanted any of the three true outsiders to win the nomination: Trump, Ben Carson, or Carly Fiorina.

The House of Representatives is not designed for career politicians, but the Senate and POTUS are. Common misconception.

Edit: I should clarify, Senate and POTUS are intended to be for people involved in the system for a longer time frame. The framers had no concept of a government the size of what we have now and they fully considered these positions to be much more of a part time thing than they are today. The POTUS didn't even have his own budget back in the day. It's part of the problem with attempting to compare and contrast the vision of the framers (who were themselves what we would consider career politicians) with what we have today.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-18-2016, 02:19 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I can.  The Constitution was not written for career politicians but for citizen-legislators.  Donald Trump is very much in the original tradition of the Founding Fathers whose idea was to have regular people run for office, serve a short time, and return to their lives and live under the laws they made.  Trump has been living under the laws and regulations made by careerists and he knows the damage they cause.  During the primary I wanted any of the three true outsiders to win the nomination: Trump, Ben Carson, or Carly Fiorina.

Trump isn't a regular person he has inherited a great deal of wealth and is a reality TV star. He learned how the laws and regulations work only so he could manipulate the laws himself for his own personal gain. Why would he fix the laws that have made him more rich?

(10-18-2016, 02:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I like his stance on trade and his desire to renegociate NAFTA (bet a cost for a wall is included) and stop TPP.

I like that he wants to scrap Obamacare and allow companies to compete across statelines

Soft on legalization of Marijuana (research and perhaps legalize or state by state)

Wants NATO to pay its share of World policing

Let Russia fight ISIS

Create VA health service to try to reduce suicide numbers

Strong rulers make the M.E. more stable

Stop H-1b Visas

Tough on illegal immigration

Defund abortions

Opposes Common Core

Cut federal Funding to Sacurary Cities

Thank you!  This is exactly what I was looking for.  Now dummies like myself can understand what he's running on.  Any one else got anything?

What's a Sacurary City?

Do you think he's softer on marijuana than other candidates?  This is actually one topic I am probably the most interested in.  Ninja

(10-18-2016, 03:11 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Thank you!  This is exactly what I was looking for.  Now dummies like myself can understand what he's running on.  Any one else got anything?

What's a Sacurary City?

Do you think he's softer on marijuana than other candidates?  This is actually one topic I am probably the most interested in.  Ninja

...And you've brought hillary into the conversation.

I do not know much about Daddy's view of MJ legalization, but hillary has wavered back and forth on the topic, most recently saying she would be in favor of medical MJ in an apparent attempt to pander to the bernie supporters.  Behind closed walls street doors she's indicated she is fully against MJ in an attempt to pander to big pharma.  

* hawk, i apologize if this is not what you're looking for. happy to delete this post if you'd think it would help the thread.
(10-18-2016, 02:19 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote:   Trump has been living under the laws and regulations made by careerists and he knows the damage they cause. 

How would Trump know anything about damage when he has experienced nothing but benefits?

For his entire life Trump has bragged about how he does everything for his own gain.  Why in the hell would anyone think he has changed?  If he had started some charitable foundation and dedicated massive amounts of he personal wealth to public service like Bill Gates or Warren Buffett I might believe him.  But absolutely EVERYTHING Trump has ever said and done points to him using the office of the president for his own personal gain and nothing else.
(10-18-2016, 03:11 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Thank you!  This is exactly what I was looking for.  Now dummies like myself can understand what he's running on.  Any one else got anything?

What's a Sacurary City?

As to the first: whatever

As to the latter; You are breaking your own rules.

(10-18-2016, 03:19 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: ...And you've brought hillary into the conversation.

I do not know much about Daddy's view of MJ legalization, but hillary has wavered back and forth on the topic, most recently saying she would be in favor of medical MJ in an apparent attempt to pander to the bernie supporters.  Behind closed walls street doors she's indicated she is fully against MJ in an attempt to pander to big pharma.  

* hawk, i apologize if this is not what you're looking for. happy to delete this post if you'd think it would help the thread.

No this is good! I just wanted a discussion without all the smug comments going back and forth. It's so hard to tell who's for what when both sides CONSTANTLY berate and belittle the other side. Accuse them of this and that.

Ps. I didn't mean to just include Her. There's other candidates out there. What's their stance on MJ?

(10-18-2016, 03:59 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: No this is good!  I just wanted a discussion without all the smug comments going back and forth.  It's so hard to tell who's for what when both sides CONSTANTLY berate and belittle the other side.  Accuse them of this and that.

Ps.  I didn't mean to just include Her.  There's other candidates out there.  What's their stance on MJ?

Yeah.  Unfortunately ive been programmed to push the 3rd parties out of the conversation, just like the overlords like it.  I hate that tendency, but have to admit my deficiencies.  

Johnson's obvious stance is FTW and let everyone smoke anything.  Probably the best answer, but would be really tough to get everyone behind because we're all so brainwashed.

Historically the green party has always been for MJ legalization, at least reclassification, and I would be very surprised if Stein thought otherwise.

Additionally, I can't see Pence accepting anything but full prohibition of MJ if the platform were actually up to him.  If he's going to be running the show behind the curtains if Daddy is elected, as some have suggested, I wouldn't bank on any 'soft stances'.
(10-18-2016, 03:59 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: . I didn't mean to just include Her. There's other candidates out there. What's their stance on MJ?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Johnson is in favor of it.

(10-18-2016, 04:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Johnson is in favor of it.

I couldn't help but laugh. It's sad how easily that got me.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR