Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump's Support
(06-05-2016, 10:02 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: You reap what you sow.

If you want to show your support for an orange hate filled racist bag of smashed assholes who openly asks for violence against his opposition. You might get smacked with a bag of rocks.

This right here is why there is so much support for Trump.

You condone violence, you are intolerant, you are the problem. 
Feh, our society romanticizes attacking, but we just hate to get punched in the mouth. Anyone who romanticizes this whole "settle it with our fists" notion probably isn't picturing himself on the wrong end of a glorious asskicking.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-05-2016, 10:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Feh, our society romanticizes attacking, but we just hate to get punched in the mouth.  Anyone who romanticizes this whole "settle it with our fists" notion probably isn't picturing himself on the wrong end of a glorious asskicking.

I romanticize running over assholes that try to kick my car.

I'm all for getting my ass kicked.
Then I can play the victim role, like everyone else.
(06-05-2016, 10:44 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: This right here is why there is so much support for Trump.

You condone violence, you are intolerant, you are the problem. 

I am intolerant of racism. Especially when it comes from a presidential candidate. I didnt say it was ok to smack someone with a bag of rocks. But when you go to a hate rally you may face some dangers, goes with the territory. Not everybody is nice and will take the constant bashing of their race laying down. And then throw in building a giant wall between families.

Yes me not liking Trumps racist platform is the problem. Makes total sense.

I never once told someone to inflict violence on another. Trump is standing on a stage saying it into a microphone in front of a giant crowd. But somehow gets a pass on that.?? While me at my house discussing it on a message board is really the one causing the problems... Hahaha
(06-05-2016, 11:24 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I am intolerant of racism. Especially when it comes from a presidential candidate. I didnt say it was ok to smack someone with a bag of rocks. But when you go to a hate rally you may face some dangers, goes with the territory. Not everybody is nice and will take the constant bashing of their race laying down. And then throw in building a giant wall between families.

Yes me not liking Trumps racist platform is the problem. Makes total sense.

I never once told someone to inflict violence on another. Trump is standing on a stage saying it into a microphone in front of a giant crowd. But somehow gets a pass on that.?? While me at my house discussing it on a message board is really the one causing the problems...  Hahaha

So what  do you suggest someone should do to avoid getting hit in the head with a sack of rocks?

Not peacefully support a candidate that you don't like?

Or should they just accept the fact that they might get hit in the head with a sack of rocks because you reap what you sow?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-05-2016, 11:24 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I am intolerant of racism. Especially when it comes from a presidential candidate. I didnt say it was ok to smack someone with a bag of rocks. But when you go to a hate rally you may face some dangers, goes with the territory. Not everybody is nice and will take the constant bashing of their race laying down. And then throw in building a giant wall between families.

Why is wanting to actually enforce immigration laws racist?  I'll absolutely concede that Trump stated it in an over the top fashion.  I'd like you to explain why asking the government to actually enforce the law is racist?

Quote:Yes me not liking Trumps racist platform is the problem. Makes total sense.

Whether you think his platform is racist, and I'd love for you to explain that, violence is not an acceptable response to words.  I don't like Hillary's position on the 2nd amendment, and I allowed to kick the shit out of her supporters because their candidate wants to deprive me of my constitutional rights?

Quote:I never once told someone to inflict violence on another. Trump is standing on a stage saying it into a microphone in front of a giant crowd. But somehow gets a pass on that.??

Actually, I'm fairly certain he's gotten a lot of criticism for that.

Quote:While me at my house discussing it on a message board is really the one causing the problems...  Hahaha

You, on your own, are not the problem.  The multitudes of people who think like you, that violence is an acceptable response to differing opinions, is.
(06-05-2016, 11:05 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I romanticize running over assholes that try to kick my car.

I'm all for getting my ass kicked.
Then I can play the victim role, like everyone else.

Ha, we also like to romanticize our society treating victims like royalty!
(06-05-2016, 09:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But where we disagree is that they are solely responsible for their actions. 

Where has Trump condoned violence by his supporters at a Clinton or Sanders rally?

As I wait for your answer I will say that both Hillary and Sanders have condoned violence at Trump rallies, by not speaking out against it. 

Then mentality that Trump is somehow responsible for folks attacking his supporters at his rallies is absolutely hilarious and I thought most here were above that; I was mistaken, 

The other day, Trump spoke about "this African American" and how great he was because he punched a protester in a KKK outfit at his rally. 

Here's a collection of times Trump has condoned violence against protesters:

http://mashable.com/2016/03/12/trump-rally-incite-violence/#7XjEWs4RUiqP

It's disingenuous to suggest he hasn't added to the hostile nature surrounding his rallies. His words have been irresponsible. Did he cause anyone to act on their own free will? No. Have his words helped pushed people towards making these decisions to engage in violence? I believe so.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-05-2016, 10:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'll ask you since GMDabo won't answer, why then has the violence from Trump protesters dwarfed that of his supporters?  Also, why haven't there been attacks by Trump supporters at Clinton or Sanders rally's?

Until recently, most violence I saw occurred inside rallies and seemed equally on both sides. I think his words are capable of making those that oppose him believe that force is the only option they have to protest him.

It's stupid, but I'm not sure if any of these people are that bright. 

(06-05-2016, 01:56 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Someone says "I am going to ***** stab you" and lunges at you with a knife.

That justifies someone using physical force against them.

That's called self defense. You're not physically assaulting what someone said, you're physically assaulting what someone is doing. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(06-06-2016, 12:09 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's called self defense. You're not physically assaulting what someone said, you're physically assaulting what someone is doing. 

So you agree with me that sometimes someone's actions warrant them being assaulted? 

(06-06-2016, 12:09 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's called self defense. You're not physically assaulting what someone said, you're physically assaulting what someone is doing. 

It's probably "best" that we don't compare what these Trump supporters are doing to someone lunging at you with a knife. But there will be those that do.  

(06-06-2016, 12:09 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Until recently, most violence I saw occurred inside rallies and seemed equally on both sides. I think his words are capable of making those that oppose him believe that force is the only option they have to protest him.

It's stupid, but I'm not sure if any of these people are that bright. 

I appreciate the response, but you absolutely did not answer the question.  While you are correct that, until Trump appeared in far left leaning states, the violence, such as it was, was confined to the inside of Trump's rallies.  My question though was why, if Trump is the fosterer of violence, is the violence by his opponents far more significant that that of his supporters.  Also, why has there been no Trump supporter attacks on followers of Hillary or Bernie at their events?

(06-06-2016, 12:10 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So you agree with me that sometimes someone's actions warrant them being assaulted? 

Actions, absolutely.  Words, no.  I can't tell you the litany of insults, racist and otherwise, that I have been bombarded with during the course of executing my professional duties.  I'm not allowed to physically assault any of my accosters due to this nor would I do so if I was.
(06-06-2016, 12:10 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So you agree with me that sometimes someone's actions warrant them being assaulted? 

Sure, if you're being attacked, you have the right to fight back. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(06-06-2016, 12:14 AM)bfine32 Wrote: It's probably "best" that we don't compare what these Trump supporters are doing to someone lunging at you with a knife. But there will be those that do.  

Who did?

(06-06-2016, 12:15 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I appreciate the response, but you absolutely did not answer the question.  While you are correct that, until Trump appeared in far left leaning states, the violence, such as it was, was confined to the inside of Trump's rallies.  My question though was why, if Trump is the fosterer of violence, is the violence by his opponents far more significant that that of his supporters.  Also, why has there been no Trump supporter attacks on followers of Hillary or Bernie at their events?

Actions, absolutely.  Words, no.  I can't tell you the litany of insults, racist and otherwise, that I have been bombarded with during the course of executing my professional duties.  I'm not allowed to physically assault any of my accosters due to this nor would I do so if I was.

I did answer it. My answer wasn't what you were expecting because I don't have an answer for what lies in the mind of criminals. I also haven't limited the influence of Trump's rhetoric to just his supporters. I'd advise you to read my posts  more carefully. I haven't placed the blame on one group of supporters. 

With regards to the second part, isn't true that one does not need to wait until they are attacked to defend themselves? Do not err as bfine has and think I am trying to justify attacks on Trump supporters or that this even has anything to do with Trump supporters. I responded to the broad assertion that one's words can never justify assault against them. I absolutely disagree and still do. If one tells me that they are going to harm me and I have reason to believe so, I can be justified in using force to defend myself. This obviously never happened at the Trump rally, but my response to his claim isn't limited to Trump rallies.

(06-06-2016, 12:55 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Who did?

There was this dude that was asked what someone could say that would warrant them being attacked, in relationship to these attacks on Trump supporters. He mentioned something about lunging at you with a knife.

Of course he also suggested that Trump shares the blame in these assaults; so we take what he says with a grain of salt. 

(06-06-2016, 01:04 AM)bfine32 Wrote: There was this dude that was asked what someone could say that would warrant them being attacked, in relationship to these attacks on Trump supporters. He mentioned something about lunging at you with a knife.

Of course he also suggested that Trump shares the blame in these assaults; so we take what he says with a grain of salt. 

Your disingenuous words are unbecoming of you. This childish play of yours would be more effective if I never declared the Trump supporters victims and the attacks unprovoked. 

(06-06-2016, 01:10 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Your disingenuous words are unbecoming of you. This childish play of yours would be more effective if I never declared the Trump supporters victims and the attacks unprovoked. 

Your posts on this issue are here for all to read. One of us definitely has a "unbecoming" view of the matter. We'll let folks determine who that is. 

(06-05-2016, 11:24 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: But when you go to a hate rally you may face some dangers, goes with the territory. 

No it doesn't.  It LITERALLY does not.  That is not what this country and the Constitution is about.

Like 15-20% of this country is stupid, bigoted and poor....and it has nothing to do with race.
--------------------------------------------------------