Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump's Tax Returns?
Another big question involving Trump is his refusal to release his tax returns. He is spending thousands of dollars (although he probably will not pay those bills), and having many lawyers fighting the release of his taxes tooth and nail. Why? I come up with five possible reasons.

1) He believes its no ones business and has nothing to do with being Potus.
2) He doesn't want the voters to see that he paid little to no income tax.
3) He doesn't want the country to find out how much he is really worth.
4) He doesn't want the voters to find out how much debt he is into with foreign entities.
5) Is this all a show and just before the 2020 election he will  release them and they show he did nothing wrong, he will say "I told you so", thinking this will be his ace in the hole.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/23/us/politics/trump-tax-returns-new-york.html

Doesn't anyone else think this is real shady?
I think it's a mix of three and four.

I don't think he cares about votes but he does care about his image. If people found out he's just a lot of debt and only worth a few million if liquidated, he'd barely be able to live it down . That would be worse than losing a "rigged" election against crooked Democrats.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Honestly, I feel like in an attempt to explain away why his net worth looks so low he is going to admit to tax evasion.
Do I think Trump should have released his tax returns? Yes. Do I think Democrats should be formulating plans to force them to be released for partisan reasons? No.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(11-05-2019, 10:22 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Do I think Trump should have released his tax returns?  Yes.  Do I think Democrats should be formulating plans to force them to be released for partisan reasons?  No.

What if they want them to be forced to be released because there seems to be a lot of connections between Trump, his associates and foreign funds and we need to know if he is getting money from the same or similar sources?

Personally I say everyone should be forced to release their tax returns if they want to be in office.  Even if they are appointed.  I'd like to see Kavanaugh's myself.  He suddenly paid off a lot of debt before getting a lifetime appointment to the SC, for example.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-05-2019, 10:29 AM)GMDino Wrote: What if they want them to be forced to be released because there seems to be a lot of connections between Trump, his associates and foreign funds and we need to know if he is getting money from the same or similar sources?

Personally I say everyone should be forced to release their tax returns if they want to be in office.  Even if they are appointed.  I'd like to see Kavanaugh's myself.  He suddenly paid off a lot of debt before getting a lifetime appointment to the SC, for example.

No doubt there can be legitimate reasons, but much like a warrant, I'd like them to show some real probable cause, and not just "It's possible he did something".  I saw some mention of tax fraud.  That's what the IRS is for.  

I agree it should be all or none. 
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(11-05-2019, 10:33 AM)michaelsean Wrote: No doubt there can be legitimate reasons, but much like a warrant, I'd like them to show some real probable cause, and not just "It's possible he did something".  I saw some mention of tax fraud.  That's what the IRS is for.  

I agree it should be all or none. 

What I'm saying is we need a law requiring it but there is probable cause.  Probably more than is needed for the police to get a warrant for our homes or to search our vehicles without a warrant.
(11-05-2019, 10:29 AM)GMDino Wrote: Personally I say everyone should be forced to release their tax returns if they want to be in office.  Even if they are appointed.  I'd like to see Kavanaugh's myself.  He suddenly paid off a lot of debt before getting a lifetime appointment to the SC, for example.

This.

Anyone who wants a top position in government should be required to prove there is no conflict of interest.

Way too much potential for abuse of power. 
With how much effort the Democrats are putting in to get these tax returns, I really really really hope there's something of real substance there. Otherwise, they just look foolish.
The Donald might just be dragging this through the courts as a stall tactic till after the 2020 election. If he gets re-elected and it comes out that 3 or 4 was true, it would be too late then to do anything about it. The Donald is shrewd.
(11-05-2019, 10:56 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This.

Anyone who wants a top position in government should be required to prove there is no conflict of interest.

Way too much potential for abuse of power. 

This seems so obvious its not even funny. A law should be passed requiring this. If your a legit candidate with nothing to hide, whats the problem?
Even if they don't find anything there was enough smoke to justify looking for a fire.
At this point? What does it matter?

There is no law requiring they do so. And really even if they do release them, most aren't going to pay attention except the ones on the opposite side of the isle will try to make every penny spent questionable.

Besides, if any of us could get away legally with paying less to no taxes, then it's not an issue with you, it's a issue with the Tax System, and I'd say more power to you, you lucky dog.

If there was fraud involved, I'm sure it would be leaked by an "anonymous" source from the IRS group. The FBI certainly hasn't kept it's hands clean, so why would you expect the IRS to?
(11-06-2019, 02:54 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: At this point? What does it matter?

There is no law requiring they do so. And really even if they do release them, most aren't going to pay attention except the ones on the opposite side of the isle will try to make every penny spent questionable.

Besides, if any of us could get away legally with paying less to no taxes, then it's not an issue with you, it's a issue with the Tax System, and I'd say more power to you, you lucky dog.

If there was fraud involved, I'm sure it would be leaked by an "anonymous" source from the IRS group. The FBI certainly hasn't kept it's hands clean, so why would you expect the IRS to?

Exactly.

I told those cops that just because it looked like I was high and there were two dead hookers on my lawn with needles in their arms there was no need to investigate me OR to search my house and car.

After all it wa just their "suspicion"...no fact.  And if they found any kind of substance we would just be arguing about whether they were legal or illegal and where they came from anyway.

Heck if THEY could get do drugs and kill people they probably would so why come after me?!?!

Besides the hookers and other people who "allegedly" bought drugs from me would have told the police if I was doing anything illegal.  Or at least the people I was "allegedly" paid to protect me would have.

Ninja
(11-06-2019, 02:54 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: At this point? What does it matter?

There is no law requiring they do so
. And really even if they do release them, most aren't going to pay attention except the ones on the opposite side of the isle will try to make every penny spent questionable.
True

True, however if  its done "legally", there shouldn't be an issue with anyone.

False. You can't be "sure" of anything concerning this.
(11-06-2019, 02:54 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: If there was fraud involved, I'm sure it would be leaked by an "anonymous" source from the IRS group. The FBI certainly hasn't kept it's hands clean, so why would you expect the IRS to?

FBI is clean.  they have not done anything illegal and anyone who even hinted at acting improperly was replaced. 

What do you claim the FBI has done wrong?

This is a great example of how Trump and Fox control the message.