Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump's comments on SC and DACA
Ignoring his usual race baiting ("no angels") rhetoric DJT is telling the SC:  "Just agree with me and THEN I'll make a deal becuase then I will have the upperhand."

Sad thing is the court  will probably overturn it anyway but Trump can't keep his mouth shut.

Probably because Junior got heckled for daddy not going after legal immigration enough too.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Agree with the order or not, the judicial ruling in this case is as activist a judicial ruling as has ever existed. How could overturning an executive order with another executive order be unconstitutional?
"no angels"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/11/12/daca-recipients-careers-law-depend-supreme-court-ruling/2501676001/

Quote:When the Supreme Court considers the plight this week of nearly 700,000 undocumented immigrants brought to the United States as children, one of them plans to be seated at the defense table.

Luis Cortes Romero, who arrived in the country at the tender age of 1 three decades ago, is an immigration lawyer. He's also among the immigrants who could be deported by the Trump administration if it wins its effort to have the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program declared unlawful. 

Cortes' rapid rise in the legal profession may be unusual, but he's not alone among DACA recipients. Others are prosecutors and defense lawyers, paralegals and law students, even plaintiffs in the three cases being heard Tuesday. Their experiences in a country that denies them a path to citizenship have led them to the law – literally.

“It affects your life so much that you become obsessed with how to fix it," says Cortes, 31, a partner at the Immigrant Advocacy & Litigation Center in Washington State. "Being a DACA recipient and being so desperate for an answer really has me entrenched.”

DACA recipients include people like Pedro Villalobos, a family violence prosecutor in Travis County, Texas, home to the attorney general who has led the effort to end the program.

They include people like Jose Magaña-Salgado, whose path to immigration law began when his home state of Arizona cracked down on financial aid for undocumented students.

They include people like Dulce Garcia, whose experience running her own small law firm in San Diego led her to become a lead plaintiff in the battle. When she worried that her prominence could endanger undocumented members of her family, she said, her mother responded: "It's time to stand up, even if it means we're going to get deported."

And they include students at some of the nation's most prominent law schools, from Harvard – where Mitchell Santos Toledo was motivated to apply because of the roadblocks in his way – to UCLA, where Lisette Candia Diaz will begin her studies next fall after working for the American Civil Liberties Union's Immigrant Rights Project.

People, human beings, who made the most of the American dream after coming here when they had no choice and the POTUS and his minions want them kicked out because....

I know, I know..."illegals!!!!1!!!111!!!"  

What good it does to kick out lawyers and contributing members of society I have no idea.  I guess it makes white people feel better?
(11-12-2019, 11:55 AM)GMDino Wrote: What good it does to kick out lawyers?

You're joking right?
(11-12-2019, 11:35 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Agree with the order or not, the judicial ruling in this case is as activist a judicial ruling as has ever existed. How could overturning an executive order with another executive order be unconstitutional?

Agreed.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(11-12-2019, 12:24 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Agreed.

:andy:

BTW, we're going to be able to put your "redder than a cardinal" theory to test.  Looks like VA is going all in for gun control after Bloomberg dumped millions into the VA elections.
A question for OP, is there any reason other than racism for a person to have a different opinion on this topic than yours?
(11-12-2019, 12:30 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: A question for OP, is there any reason other than racism for a person to have a different opinion on this topic than yours?

Absolutely.  But Trump's reliance on "some are no angels" is just red meat to his racist supporters.  
(11-12-2019, 11:35 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Agree with the order or not, the judicial ruling in this case is as activist a judicial ruling as has ever existed.  How could overturning an executive order with another executive order be unconstitutional?

(11-12-2019, 12:24 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Agreed.

Like I said DJT didn't need to speak more foolishness in an attempt to stir up the base.
(11-12-2019, 12:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: Absolutely.  But Trump's reliance on "some are no angels" is just red meat to his racist supporters.  

A follow up question then.  Why would you state;

Quote:I guess it makes white people feel better?

is the reason for this order, if there are other explanations.  You aren't talking about Trump's motivations in this quote, you're talking about the policy itself.  It very much appears that your labeling the opposition to DACA as racist.  I assume that was unintentional?

(11-12-2019, 12:35 PM)GMDino Wrote: Like I said  DJT didn't need to speak more foolishness in an attempt to stir up the base.

So, you agree that judge ruled according to partisan leanings and not the law?
(11-12-2019, 12:39 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: A follow up question then.  Why would you state;

is the reason for this order, if there are other explanations.  You aren't talking about Trump's motivations in this quote, you're talking about the policy itself.  It very much appears that your labeling the opposition to DACA as racist.  I assume that was unintentional?

So, you agree that judge ruled according to partisan leanings and not the law?

Trump plays nice with racists.  He feeds them what they want to hear:  "no angels" "bad hombres" So I guess it makes white people feel safer to kick out people brought here as babies/children who made it in their lives to jobs and families and contributing members of society.

All I agree with is that something needs to be done, that it will likely be overturned and that Trump will not "make a deal" unless it involves removing "them" from the country and/or him getting billions for a wall that Mexico is going to pay for.

My apologies if others who oppose DACA felt sucked into the pool with the racists that Trump was talking to. Clearly I was speaking to Trump and his motivations and why he uses the words he does as I named him specifically in the title of the thread.

If one is not racist I am not talking to/about them.
(11-12-2019, 12:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: Trump plays nice with racists.  He feeds them what they want to hear:  "no angels" "bad hombres" So I guess it makes white people feel safer to kick out people brought here as babies/children who made it in their lives to jobs and families and contributing members of society.

Here is another example of the very problem that prompted my question.  You just mentioned racists and then, in the very next sentence, you make a blanket statement about "white people".  One might think you're trafficking in the same behavior you're condemning in Trump.

Quote:All I agree with is that something needs to be done, that it will likely be overturned and that Trump will not "make a deal" unless it involves removing "them" from the country and/or him getting billions for a wall that Mexico is going to pay for.

Any more details than "something"?

Quote:My apologies if others who oppose DACA felt sucked into the pool with the racists that Trump was talking to.  Clearly I was speaking to Trump and his motivations and why he uses the words he does as I named him specifically in the title of the thread.

No one opposed DACA in this thread.  I do find this statement interesting though, it almost appears that you're trying to paint any opposition to DACA as racism, despite your assertions to the contrary.

Quote:If one is not racist I am not talking to/about them.

You could avoid such future confusion by not making blanket statements about all "white people".  I do appreciate your concession that opposition to DACA is not inherently racist, despite then asserting it is.
When DACA was first announced, one of the pre-requisites to qualify for deferred action and/or a work permit is that you do not have any felonies or serious misdemeanors on your record.

Quote:DACA’s criteria were overly broad, and not intended to apply only to children. Under the categorical criteria established in the June 15, 2012 memorandum, individuals could apply for deferred action if they had come to the U.S. before their 16th birthday; were under age 31; had continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007; and were in school, graduated or had obtained a certificate of completion from high school, obtained a General Educational Development (GED) certificate, or were an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States. Significantly, individuals were ineligible if they had been convicted of a felony or a significant misdemeanor, but were considered eligible even if they had been convicted of up to two other misdemeanors.

https://www.dhs.gov/deferred-action-childhood-arrivals-daca

So did the system fail and let felons in? Or is Trump lying?
(11-12-2019, 12:57 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Here is another example of the very problem that prompted my question.  You just mentioned racists and then, in the very next sentence, you make a blanket statement about "white people".  One might think you're trafficking in the same behavior you're condemning in Trump.

Any more details than "something"?

No one opposed DACA in this thread.  I do find this statement interesting though, it almost appears that you're trying to paint any opposition to DACA as racism, despite your assertions to the contrary.

You could avoid such future confusion by not making blanket statements about all "white people".  I do appreciate your concession that opposition to DACA is not inherently racist, despite then asserting it is.

You're lack of comprehension is annoying and probably deliberate.

Have a nice day.
(11-12-2019, 01:02 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: When DACA was first announced, one of the pre-requisites to qualify for deferred action and/or a work permit is that you do not have any felonies or serious misdemeanors on your record.

https://www.dhs.gov/deferred-action-childhood-arrivals-daca

So did the system fail and let felons in? Or is Trump lying?

If that's the question there is no need for an answer.  Smirk
(11-12-2019, 01:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: You're lack of comprehension is annoying and probably deliberate.

Have a nice day.

I do, wholeheartedly, apologize if my objections to your statements and premise were difficult for you to respond to.  I did strive to make them plain and understandable.  Seeing as I unfortunately failed in this task please allow me to rephrase.

You have admitted that opposition to DACA is not inherently racist.  Why then do you use racist terminology in your posts to describe those in opposition to DACA?  We can certainly agree that opposition to DACA can, for a likely small percentage, be rooted in racism.  Why, if your intention is an honest and open discussion on the subject would you being your thread by asserting that this is the whole determinant?  Whatever your objections to me, I cannot choose your words for you.

Also, to borrow a phrase from someone on this board, do try and respond to the points being made without making it personal.
(11-12-2019, 01:54 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Why then do you use racist terminology in your posts to describe those in opposition to DACA?  We can certainly agree that opposition to DACA can, for a likely small percentage, be rooted in racism.  Why, if your intention is an honest and open discussion on the subject would you being your thread by asserting that this is the whole determinant?

He only framed the objection as being racists when discussing "Trump and his minions".

(11-12-2019, 11:55 AM)GMDino Wrote: People, human beings, who made the most of the American dream after coming here when they had no choice and the POTUS and his minions want them kicked out because....

What good it does to kick out lawyers and contributing members of society I have no idea.  I guess it makes white people feel better?

Then when you asked about the people who oppose DACA and are not racist he apologized if he offended anyone who opposed DACA but wa not one of Trumps minions"

(11-12-2019, 12:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: My apologies if others who oppose DACA felt sucked into the pool with the racists that Trump was talking to.  Clearly I was speaking to Trump and his motivations and why he uses the words he does as I named him specifically in the title of the thread.

If one is not racist I am not talking to/about them.

This thread was created in response to Trump's motivation and the racists rhetoric he uses to create opposition to DACA.

Apparently you might be aware of a different argument to use to oppose DACA, but none of us know because so far all you have done is try and pick a fight with GM.

Playing Devil's Advocate, here is a reason a completely non-racist person could disapprove of DACA.  But before I begin I would point out that being brought here illegally as a child does not have a racial prerequisite.  Meaning it could be a kid of any ethnicity brought here from any country.  That being stated a person could object to such a course of action as it further encourages illegal activity.  Incentivizing illegal behavior will only create more of said illegal behavior. Now, if approval of DACA was coupled with strong immigration controls to prevent this from becoming an issue in the future for a whole new batch of kids I would imagine that a large percentage of opposition to the program would disappear.  Stepping back into my own shoes I don't, for a second, believe that racism is the primary motivation of the vast majority of people opposed to DACA. 
(11-12-2019, 11:06 AM)GMDino Wrote: Ignoring his usual race baiting ("no angels") rhetoric

Suggesting we ignore the above and next post is about.....
(11-12-2019, 11:55 AM)GMDino Wrote: "no angels"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/11/12/daca-recipients-careers-law-depend-supreme-court-ruling/2501676001/

People, human beings, who made the most of the American dream after coming here when they had no choice and the POTUS and his minions want them kicked out because....

You can't make this stuff up people.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]