Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump's lucky year
This article is rather long, so I won't post it here.

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/2018-01-20/trumps-lucky-year

Eliot Cohen, a former foreign policy official in a Republican administration, talks in this article about how 2017 ended without a big foreign policy disaster more in spite of Trump than because of him. He contends that this is a testament to the career bureaucrats in the arena that keep everything moving in the face of glacially paced guidelines and incompetence from the administration itself. He argues that this safety isn't likely to last, that there are things coming to a head and the longer we rely on this, the worse prepared we are to handle them when they do.

It's an interesting read if you are willing to commit the time to it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(01-30-2018, 02:27 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: This article is rather long, so I won't post it here.

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/2018-01-20/trumps-lucky-year

Eliot Cohen, a former foreign policy official in a Republican administration, talks in this article about how 2017 ended without a big foreign policy disaster more in spite of Trump than because of him. He contends that this is a testament to the career bureaucrats in the arena that keep everything moving in the face of glacially paced guidelines and incompetence from the administration itself. He argues that this safety isn't likely to last, that there are things coming to a head and the longer we rely on this, the worse prepared we are to handle them when they do.

It's an interesting read if you are willing to commit the time to it.

Read it last week.

I guess "luck" is one way of looking at it.  "In spite of Trump" seems better to me given his lack of understanding or ability to articulate.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.