Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trump's red line in the sand
(05-22-2019, 10:53 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Bfine certainly deserves his share of criticism, but he is far less guilty of what you're alluding to than you are.  Maybe take a look at that guy in the mirror and ask him if he wants to be the change he desires in others?

Thanks for your hard core input.  I'll put it with the rest.

Anything on Trump or his "handling" of Iran or his lack of clarity and consistency with Iran and the possibility of war?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-22-2019, 11:29 AM)GMDino Wrote: Thanks for your hard core input.  I'll put it with the rest.

Nothing hard core about it, just aiming for some consistency.

Quote:Anything on Trump or his "handling" of Iran or his lack of clarity and consistency with Iran and the possibility of war?

As always,I'm far more concerned with what Trump does than says/tweets.  I think Bolton has a hard on for Iran, but I don't think Trump does.  As stated in a previous thread, two militaries that close can always result in some on the scene idiot doing something that ignites a shitstorm.  Iran has far more to lose than the US does. 
(05-22-2019, 11:38 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Nothing hard core about it, just aiming for some consistency.

Cool

(05-22-2019, 11:38 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: As always,I'm far more concerned with what Trump does than says/tweets.  I think Bolton has a hard on for Iran, but I don't think Trump does.  As stated in a previous thread, two militaries that close can always result in some on the scene idiot doing something that ignites a shitstorm.  Iran has far more to lose than the US does. 

DJT doesn't "do" anything. He tweets and yells over helicopter motors so he doesn't have to answer questions he doesn't want to.

Trump saying any more threats would be "the end of Iran" in a tweet doesn't bother you? I find that one tough. He's the POTUS. His words carry weight that yours and mine do not. What he "says" is important. Granted hell change and reverse himself within 24 hours because he has no compass other than how he personally feels that day. But that kind of lose thinking should still be condemned even by those who general don't care what he "says".
(05-22-2019, 08:36 AM)GMDino Wrote: But whataboutism aside...will anyone hold DJT to the fire when he backs down...again?

Theoretically, the Democrats.  But they appear too mindlessly obsessed with his tax returns and cover-up hoaxes.
--------------------------------------------------------

Trump was screwed from the start. I don't think he really wanted to be POTUS but did it for the publicity. He never thought he was going to win. Once he did he might of thought I'll give this thing a try. Problem was he never had to compromise and always had people kissing his behind. I blame the division, hate and name calling that is going on now more than any time in history on the hillbilly turtle from the great state of West Virginia, Mitch McConnell. A new president is elected and he had the gall to come out and publicly say "we'll do everything to make Obama a one term president". Party over country.
(05-23-2019, 07:29 AM)BakertheBeast Wrote: Trump was screwed from the start. I don't think he really wanted to be POTUS but did it for the publicity. He never thought he was going to win. Once he did he might of thought I'll give this thing a try. Problem was he never had to compromise and always had people kissing his behind. I blame the division, hate and name calling that is going on now more than any time in history on the hillbilly turtle from the great state of West Virginia, Mitch McConnell. A new president is elected and he had the gall to come out and publicly say "we'll do everything to make Obama a one term president". Party over country.

KY, not WV

and Piece of Shit, not hillbilly
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-23-2019, 04:18 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Theoretically, the Democrats.  But they appear too mindlessly obsessed with his tax returns and cover-up hoaxes.

You misspelled "congressional oversight" wrong.  Again.   Mellow

All seriousness aside, we have never had a POTUS with so many outside dealing still in his immediate orbit. If this was any President they would need serious oversight given how he has refused to divest from his businesses. But Trump is a special kind of conman who has a public record of all kinds of shenanigans and a history of losing in court over his shady dealings.

Also he's a thin-skinned man-child who hates being told he is wrong or that someone might question his authoatay! Smirk
(05-23-2019, 11:41 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: KY, not WV

and Piece of Shit, not hillbilly

Thanks for clarifying.

Plus, he's known as more of a Louisville guy. Louisville is sorta like Chicago. The residents don't consider themselves part of the podunk state around them, and the podunks don't really think of them as of the same type, either. 

Also, Kentucky is divided pretty evenly between hillbillies in the east and rednecks in the west. As McConnell is actually a native of Alabama (or Mississippi, I get those two mixed up with their weird geography, Indian names and extroverted racism), I think he'd fall more in line with western Kentucky's rednecks instead of eastern Kentucky's hillbillies.
(05-23-2019, 11:45 AM)GMDino Wrote: You misspelled "congressional oversight" wrong.  Again.   Mellow

All seriousness aside, we have never had a POTUS with so many outside dealing still in his immediate orbit.  If this was any President they would need serious oversight given how he has refused to divest from his businesses.

He went thru a Special Prosecutor investigation, which is more than all but 1 of the previous 6 or 7 Presidents endured. Congress has been pretty impotent, in general.  They're not going to find something earth shattering, or even mildly surprising, that Mueller missed.

You've been played like a fiddle for 2.5 years.  If you weren't so partisan perhaps you'd demand some accountability from the party you vote for.

Also, Congressional "oversight" and opposition research are not the same, much less democratic.
--------------------------------------------------------

(06-01-2019, 01:12 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: He went thru a Special Prosecutor investigation

...that never investigated his financial conduct, possible (or rather likely) bank fraud or any emolument issues etc., and also quite clearly stated that the reason he's not indicted on things that actually were investigated is just that it was never an option due to the fact your DOJ guidelines forbid it.

Why are all conservatives like Graham and none is like Amash.
(05-23-2019, 01:21 PM)Benton Wrote: Thanks for clarifying.

Plus, he's known as more of a Louisville guy. Louisville is sorta like Chicago. The residents don't consider themselves part of the podunk state around them, and the podunks don't really think of them as of the same type, either. 

Also, Kentucky is divided pretty evenly between hillbillies in the east and rednecks in the west. As McConnell is actually a native of Alabama (or Mississippi, I get those two mixed up with their weird geography, Indian names and extroverted racism), I think he'd fall more in line with western Kentucky's rednecks instead of eastern Kentucky's hillbillies.

This is dissertation deserves its own thread, but you're spot on.  he is more of a piece of shit redneck, the obvious source of his bulbous gullet infection.  its like pink eye of the neck.