Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump secures the release of 3 theives from Chinese custody
So, shame on Trump or bravo Trump?
Trump musta carefully explained to the Chinese prez how these poor kids were "oppressed " by whitey back home.

Should have these morons been made to face the consequences in China?

[Image: basketball.png]
(11-15-2017, 12:09 PM)Vlad Wrote: So, shame on Trump or bravo Trump?
Trump musta carefully explained to the Chinese prez how these poor kids were "oppressed " by whitey back home.

Should have these morons been made to face the consequences in China?

If he intervened that's a good thing.  Blind squirrel...nut...etc.

On the other hand they did commit a crime so hopefully there is some punishment for them.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Trump: soft on crime.

Mellow

Seriously, hadn't heard about this. With everything else going on, not sure I care too much. When he fixes immigration, healthcare costs, the job market, rising drug abuse, violence, racial divide, income disparity, lack of quality television from the networks, cures cancer or gets my street paved, then I'll give him some credit. Until then, this goes in the same "I don't care" file where I placed the story about his ice cream eating preference.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-15-2017, 12:23 PM)Benton Wrote: Trump: soft on crime.

Mellow

Seriously, hadn't heard about this. With everything else going on, not sure I care too much. When he fixes immigration, healthcare costs, the job market, rising drug abuse, violence, racial divide, income disparity, lack of quality television from the networks, cures cancer or gets my street paved, then I'll give him some credit. Until then, this goes in the same "I don't care" file where I placed the story about his ice cream eating preference.

It was all over twitter yesterday.  Mostly from people with handles that would violate the COC here showing how Trump isn't racist now.  Smirk
Glad they were returned. Now kick them off the team.
Why is he using political capital to help criminals? You go to another country and break their laws, pay the consequences.
(11-15-2017, 12:50 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Why is he using political capital to help criminals? You go to another country and break their laws, pay the consequences.

UCLA is in his bracket.

Mellow
I'm fine with Trump getting them back.

I'm not fine with Trump beating himself off on Twitter about it.
Hilarious Drumph tweeted out that those kids better thank him cause he saved them 10 years in prison. Great PR opportunity for him. Thats the only thing he accomplished on that trip. 200 million dollars down the drain.
(11-15-2017, 12:26 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Glad they were returned.  Now kick them off the team.

Apparently they are suspended "indefinitely".
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/3-ucla-basketball-players-apologize-for-shoplifting-in-china/ar-BBF0rZO?OCID=ansmsnnews11

I don't have too much sympathy for them because they are F'ing stupid for not only breaking the law, but breaking the law in a foreign country. That said, 10 years in a Chinese prison is still a severe punishment when in the US it would be a max punishment of 1 year in prison, and would most likely have been a $500 fine and some community service.

We have the 8th Amendment here, but other countries do not, and some people apparently don't think about that before they do stupid illegal things overseas.

Wouldn't mind if they had to spend their entire suspensions doing community service or something so they don't get completely off the hook with just a suspension.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(11-15-2017, 08:06 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Apparently they are suspended "indefinitely".
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/3-ucla-basketball-players-apologize-for-shoplifting-in-china/ar-BBF0rZO?OCID=ansmsnnews11

I don't have too much sympathy for them because they are F'ing stupid for not only breaking the law, but breaking the law in a foreign country. That said, 10 years in a Chinese prison is still a severe punishment when in the US it would be a max punishment of 1 year in prison, and would most likely have been a $500 fine and some community service.

We have the 8th Amendment here, but other countries do not, and some people apparently don't think about that before they do stupid illegal things overseas.

Wouldn't mind if they had to spend their entire suspensions doing community service or something so they don't get completely off the hook with just a suspension.

I would have been fine if he let them spend a few months in prison there, then got them out.

Great lesson.

Now this looks like they are learning about celebrity privilege.
(11-15-2017, 08:11 PM)Dill Wrote: I would have been fine if he let them spend a few months in prison there, then got them out.

Great lesson.

Now this looks like they are learning about celebrity privilege.

I wouldn't have objected to that either. That said, I have a feeling that once convicted and you're IN Chinese prison, it's a lot harder to do a little hand-wave to get you out. Then it goes from a diplomatic thing to a legal system/extradition thing.

Probably would have done them more good though if they did have to spend some time in a Chinese prison. Maybe then they wouldn't be grown men shoplifting. They're not kids, and they're not even poor. His brother just signed a big contract with the Lakers.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(11-15-2017, 08:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I wouldn't have objected to that either. That said, I have a feeling that once convicted and you're IN Chinese prison, it's a lot harder to do a little hand-wave to get you out. Then it goes from a diplomatic thing to a legal system/extradition thing.

Probably would have done them more good though if they did have to spend some time in a Chinese prison. Maybe then they wouldn't be grown men shoplifting. They're not kids, and they're not even poor. His brother just signed a big contract with the Lakers.

Yeah, you are probably right about that.  Much harder.
Trump sure isn’t doing this white supremecists thing very well.
Stark contrast between the opinions here and those of the left maintaining that Otto Warmbeir deserved exactly what he got in North Korea.

...cause he was rich and white.

Kathy Dettwyler, an anthropology professor, wrote that Warmbier was "typical of a mindset of a lot of the young, white, rich, clueless males who come into my classes."

http://www.dailywire.com/news/17912/what-left-truly-believes-otto-warmbier-deserved-joseph-curl
(11-16-2017, 10:34 AM)Vlad Wrote: Stark contrast between the opinions here and those of the left maintaining that Otto Warmbeir deserved exactly what he got in North Korea.

...cause he was rich and white.

Kathy Dettwyler, an anthropology professor, wrote that Warmbier was "typical of a mindset of a lot of the young, white, rich, clueless males who come into my classes."

http://www.dailywire.com/news/17912/what-left-truly-believes-otto-warmbier-deserved-joseph-curl

Whatabout....
(11-16-2017, 10:40 AM)GMDino Wrote: Whatabout....

When you know you have a liberal cornered..LOL

I'll take that as you being one of those that believed Otto got what he deserved.
[Image: my_trap_card.jpg]

What makes this trap thread so good is that the OP would never do the reverse and call out an obviously bad thing Trump did.

Nice job, Trump. While the Ball kid is entitled and needs to learn consequences, it's best for foreign relations if we are able to do these things with trade partners to avoid conflict. I fear the UCLA "indefinite" suspension will likely be the same as that other entitled kid's (G. Allen) indefinite suspension... a game.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(11-16-2017, 10:44 AM)Vlad Wrote: When you know you have a liberal cornered..LOL

Yeah, bringing up something completely unrelated to try and say something about "the left" by using DW.

Whatabout....
(11-16-2017, 10:46 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: What makes this trap thread so good is that the OP would never do the reverse and call out an obviously bad thing Trump did.

Why should I?  Don't you get enough of that and all their lies from the MSM?

This deflection of yours could only mean you also felt this rich white kid Otto Warmbeir got what he deserved.

Lets stay on track shall we?