Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump talks the talk, but Biden walks the walk
(04-02-2019, 01:51 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Damn everyone for responding "Not as bad as Trump" in a thread that tries to argue that Biden is worse than Trump!

Damn them all!

It was clearly explained. That the motivation of the title was directed at the point that Biden had issues with the way Trump "talked". In so much that he wanted to go back to High School and beat him up. I've already freely admitted I misjudged the mentality of the forum; admittedly it was a moment of absolute ignorance on my part. It's like giving a child a lollipop and then asking him to discuss the merits of carrots; It won't happen again.

However, your solid point did motivate Fred to look for a way to double rep.

Any thoughts of the accusations against Biden? (Besides Trump is worse). 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-01-2019, 09:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  I brought up Trump and "Talking the Talk" because of Biden's comments about Trump talking about women.

(04-01-2019, 10:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: And FWIW, folks are definitely missing the reference to talking the talk. I simply mentioned it because of Biden's comments to Trump's talk.

I'm surprised more were unaware.

WTS, I apologize for a number of things. Firstly, for giving folks an easy opportunity to deflect from Biden's accusations and 2 for over-estimating the forum's ability to see the point. 

(04-01-2019, 10:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: My apologies; it appears you know the mentality of the forum population much better than I do in this instance. I just tried to tie it to a past incident.

(04-01-2019, 10:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've already given him credit for pointing to what the board will focus on. You guys are great in your opinions. 

I am still lost.  I have googled all combinations of "Trump", "Biden", "Walk the walk", and "Talk the talk" but I can't find any quotes where either guy uses either of those phrases when talking about the other.

Maybe none of us are focusing on those comments because they never happened.

And that leaves us no other option than to focus on the obvious plain meaning of the title which means Trump just talks about assaulting women while Biden really does it.

Maybe we all need to spend a little more time in the right-wing echo chamber before we could all be "surprised" that so many people are unaware of some comments that were never made.
(04-02-2019, 05:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am still lost.  I have googled all combinations of "Trump", "Biden", "Walk the walk", and "Talk the talk" but I can't find any quotes where either guy uses either of those phrases when talking about the other.

Maybe none of us are focusing on those comments because they never happened.

And that leaves us no other option than to focus on the obvious plain meaning of the title which means Trump just talks about assaulting women while Biden really does it.

Maybe we all need to spend a little more time in the right-wing echo chamber before we could all be "surprised" that so many people are unaware of some comments that were never made.

Perhaps with all your google prowess you can find out the reason that Biden said he wanted to get in a time machine and kick Trump's ass. Or perhaps they only cover that in the echo chamber.

WTS, even if you are as lost as you claim, the motivation for the title has been explained time and time again. But explination never stopped a lynch mob once they got the torches lit. 

(04-02-2019, 05:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: WTS, even if you are as lost as you claim, the motivation for the title has been explained time and time again. But explination never stopped a lynch mob once they got the torches lit. 

When the explanation is that we are all too stupid how do you expect us to respond.

So since Biden once used the word "talk" ( not "talk the talk") when addressing Trump's behavior then we are all supposed to understand that we have to ignore the plain meaning of the term "talk the talk/walk the walk" which would imply that Trump never actually sexually assaulted any women but in fact just talked about it.
(04-02-2019, 04:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It was clearly explained. That the motivation of the title was directed at the point that Biden had issues with the way Trump "talked". In so much that he wanted to go back to High School and beat him up. I've already freely admitted I misjudged the mentality of the forum; admittedly it was a moment of absolute ignorance on my part. It's like giving a child a lollipop and then asking him to discuss the merits of carrots; It won't happen again.

However, your solid point did motivate Fred to look for a way to double rep.

It was explained, but no one bought the explanation. 

Quote:Any thoughts of the accusations against Biden? (Besides Trump is worse). 

I never said Trump was worse, but I think these claims should be treated as claims against anyone else would be and looked into. I am not in Biden's camp so I am not going to dismiss them or defend him. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(04-02-2019, 06:14 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: 1) It was explained, but no one bought the explanation. 

2) I never said Trump was worse, but I think these claims should be treated as claims against anyone else would be and looked into. I am not in Biden's camp so I am not going to dismiss them or defend him. 

1) Well that;s more your problem than mine; I can do nothing more.

2) Now see how easy that was

(04-02-2019, 05:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When the explanation is that we are all too stupid how do you expect us to respond.

So since Biden once used the word "talk" ( not "talk the talk") when addressing Trump's behavior then we are all supposed to understand that we have to ignore the plain meaning of the term "talk the talk/walk the walk" which would imply that Trump never actually sexually assaulted any women but in fact just talked about it.

Where did I call anyone stupid? But yes; my expectations have been tempered. 

As to the rest: It's just more ignoring the explanation provided. 

(04-02-2019, 07:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 1) Well that;s more your problem than mine; I can do nothing more.

2) Now see how easy that was

1) Disagree. It's your thread and that was the popular takeaway. Failure to convince is partially a result of your own words. Not that it really matters anymore. I do agree there's likely nothing more you could do at this point (not a knock against you, we're all stubborn). 

2) It certainly is easy, but your thread didn't request that people condemn Biden, it asked that they consider a comparison to Trump. People responded to the comparison. 

(04-02-2019, 07:13 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: 1) Disagree. It's your thread and that was the popular takeaway. Failure to convince is partially a result of your own words. Not that it really matters anymore. I do agree there's likely nothing more you could do at this point (not a knock against you, we're all stubborn). 

2) It certainly is easy, but your thread didn't request that people condemn Biden, it asked that they consider a comparison to Trump. People responded to the comparison. 

There's a very slight chance that many of the "popular" in here are just a little biased.

Kudo's to Matt for destroying it providing a reasoned response.

As you state; there's really nothing else I can do; so if folks don't accept the explanation that's their issue. 

Serious question, just to grasp the mentality: Do folks really think my intention was trying to mitigate what Trump was accused of in this thread or throw shade at Biden? I get both, is an easy out. 

(04-02-2019, 07:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Serious question, just to grasp the mentality: Do folks really think my intention was trying to mitigate what Trump was accused of in this thread or throw shade at Biden? I get both, is an easy out. 

The title is literally: Trump talks about it, but Biden does it.

It's both mitigating, and throwing shade. I don't see how it could be construed otherwise. What was the point if not to mitigate Trump's accusations/claims and to throw shade at Biden?
Now Biden is harassing men!  Has TRUMP ever DONE THAT?!??!11!!!!1!!!

[Image: 56315717_2665804213512616_28976488636219...e=5D3FF27D]

Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-03-2019, 09:14 AM)GMDino Wrote: Now Biden is harassing men!  Has TRUMP ever DONE THAT?!??!11!!!!1!!!

Ninja

I was listening to a discussion about this, and it's why I'm not surprised by anything that has come out. Biden is an up-close person. Some people just are. His interactions made someone feel uncomfortable, someone he was in a position of power over. He has handled it poorly in the aftermath. Pretty much what it boils down to.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(04-03-2019, 09:18 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I was listening to a discussion about this, and it's why I'm not surprised by anything that has come out. Biden is an up-close person. Some people just are. His interactions made someone feel uncomfortable, someone he was in a position of power over. He has handled it poorly in the aftermath. Pretty much what it boils down to.

And I agree, without taking anything away from her story.

Times have changed.  I'm only 49 and I can't put a hand on someone's shoulder when I talk to them like I did when I was younger.  Especially if I'm in a room/situation where I am the "leader" or the oldest person.  It stinks, but that is what society is right now.

That's why during the Kavanaugh hearings I had the discussion asking if any of us could say with absolute certainty that no one could ever come out now and say we did something that made them feel "uncomfortable" in the past.  I know I'm not 100% sure myself.
(04-02-2019, 10:02 PM)Benton Wrote: The title is literally: Trump talks about it, but Biden does it.

It's both mitigating, and throwing shade. I don't see how it could be construed otherwise. What was the point if not to mitigate Trump's accusations/claims and to throw shade at Biden?

C'mon, bfine has clearly explained that we are all supposed to ignore the clear meaning of the term "walk the walk/talk the talk" and instead accept that it means somthing completely different because Biden once used the word "talk" when discussing Trumps history of sexual assault.
This is just another case of Americas deteriorating society. How Trump and his supporters can mock Joe given what all they have put up with not only with him but how they treated the Kav accusers as well.

But to them it's cool. They can't even see the hypocrisy. Or worse, they see it and don't think it looks bad. They just giggle and slap their knee in glee as if it all makes sense.

That's the dangerous direction our society is going in, and one that doesn't look to ever be reversed.

Before this A man who got divorced would be shamed for mocking another man who got divorced.

A man who got caught cheating on his wife, would have been shamed for mocking another man who got caught cheating on his wife.

Someone with a disability would have been shamed for mocking another person with a disability.

Not anymore.

It's a sad state of affairs, but it's the society we now live in. We can't expect these people to teach their kids any better and therefore all is lost.

Citizens of 3rd world countries don't act like this.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(04-02-2019, 07:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As you state; there's really nothing else I can do; so if folks don't accept the explanation that's their issue. 

I have had people explain to me how the Sandy Hook shooting was all a big government hoax and how George Bush was behind the 9-11 attacks.

I did not accept those "explanations" and all rational people agree that was not MY issue.
Remember the good old days when there was a meaningful saying about an argument between a pot and a kettle. One that taught what used to be a good lesson to children everywhere.

The pot looks to finally have been vindicated.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(04-02-2019, 07:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Where did I call anyone stupid? 

Here

(04-01-2019, 10:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: And FWIW, folks are definitely missing the reference to talking the talk. 

I'm surprised more were unaware.

WTS, I apologize  for over-estimating the forum's ability to see the point. 

and here

(04-02-2019, 01:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  There absolutely is a double standard I just think many are missing where it lies

and here

(04-02-2019, 04:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've already freely admitted I misjudged the mentality of the forum;

It's like giving a child a lollipop and then asking him to discuss the merits of carrots.

(04-03-2019, 09:14 AM)GMDino Wrote: Now Biden is harassing men!  Has TRUMP ever DONE THAT?!??!11!!!!1!!!

Ninja

Franken image is a fake

[Image: Joe-Biden-Embrace-THUMB.jpg?ve=1&tl=1]