Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Trump Pledges to Commute Life Sentence of Drug Trafficker Serving Life
https://meidasnews.com/news/trump-pledges-to-commute-life-sentence-of-drug-trafficker-serving-life

Quote:[color=var(--dek_size_c_color,#333)]More from the "law and order" candidate.[/color]

In addition to promising to pardon J6 defendants who beat police officers, and sharing the stage with 2 gang members currently out on bond for a 140 count indictment including conspiracy to commit murder, Trump finished up the week pledging to commute the sentence of one of the most notorious drug traffickers in American history.
[Image: img_5898.jpg]

[/url]

[color=var(--title_size_c_color,#333)]Trump Accepts Endorsement From Indicted Gang Members[/color]

Read More

Trump was given a list today by the Libertarian Party of the Top 10 most important issues for delegates attending their National Convention this weekend. The first item on that list was to commute the sentence of Ross Ulbricht. 

Ulbricht created the dark web network called Silk Road which was used to traffic narcotics to over 100,000 buyers in hundreds of kilos of a variety of drugs. The drugs sales using Ulbricht's network totaled over $183 million. Ulbricht was convicted at trial of 7 counts of distributing narcotics and was sentenced to two life sentences without the possibility of parole. The Supreme Court refused to hear his final appeal in 2018.
[Image: biggs-says-trump-will-pardon-him.jpg]

[color=var(--title_size_c_color,#333)]Proud Boys Leader Biggs From Prison: "I Know Trump Will Pardon Me"[/color]

[url=https://meidasnews.com/news/proud-boy-biggs-from-prison-i-know-trump-will-pardon-me]Read More

Of course, Trump could've pardoned Ulbricht during any of his four years as president, but choose not to. But now, the "law and order" candidate currently under indictment himself for 91 felonies needs votes to solve his criminal own problems by getting elected president, and he is willing to promise just about anything to anyone at this point. 

And that is what he did tonight. 

LAW AND ORDER!!!

I vaguely remember hearing about the "silk road" on a podcast at some point, but am I missing something about why Trump would agree to pardon him?  Or why the libertarian party wants him pardoned?

I get Trump being Trump and doing anything to get applause or votes but I don't know how this helps outside of the room.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 03:44 PM)GMDino Wrote: https://meidasnews.com/news/trump-pledges-to-commute-life-sentence-of-drug-trafficker-serving-life

I vaguely remember hearing about the "silk road" on a podcast at some point, but am I missing something about why Trump would agree to pardon him?  Or why the libertarian party wants him pardoned?

I get Trump being Trump and doing anything to get applause or votes but I don't know how this helps outside of the room.

Libertarians claim his conviction was "government overreach" as they failed to identify a victim of the drug trafficking and other illegal activities and that he had been framed.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 03:55 PM)pally Wrote: Libertarians claim his conviction was "government overreach" as they failed to identify a victim of the drug trafficking and other illegal activities and that he had been framed.

Guess I should have guessed that first part...lol.
Reply/Quote
Is this the same Trump who talked about speedy trials and executions for drug dealers?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 04:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Is this the same Trump who talked about speedy trials and executions for drug dealers?

I'd bet that was in front of a police union. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 04:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Is this the same Trump who talked about speedy trials and executions for drug dealers?

Yep,  but he had to pander to the Libertarians,  Wanna bet that commutation will always be 2 weeks away

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 03:44 PM)GMDino Wrote: https://meidasnews.com/news/trump-pledges-to-commute-life-sentence-of-drug-trafficker-serving-life

Libertarians want him pardoned because he was running a site that was using an alternative currency that the gubmint couldn't get it's hands on.  That's also the reason the gubmint wants him in jail.  

As for DJT, no clue why he'd pardon a guy like that other than straight pandering.  

Unrelated: the Silk Road was some legitimately wild shit if you actually had a chance to see it.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 07:48 PM)samhain Wrote: As for DJT, no clue why he'd pardon a guy like that other than straight pandering.  

It was actually a condition that was negotiated for him to speak.
(although I doubt he'd follow through)
I also found out that the Trump campaign contacted the party asking to speak there.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 07:30 PM)pally Wrote: Yep,  but he had to pander to the Libertarians,  Wanna bet that commutation will always be 2 weeks away

Actually, Trump talked about and declined to pardon this guy in December of 2020.

EDIT - Or granting clemency, I think it was.  Either way, it's oddly amusing that Trump suddenly is so interested in helping out this particular criminal while also endearing himself to people by promising to crack down hard on others.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 09:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Actually, Trump talked about and declined to pardon this guy in December of 2020.

EDIT - Or granting clemency, I think it was.  Either way, it's oddly amusing that Trump suddenly is so interested in helping out this particular criminal while also endearing himself to people by promising to crack down hard on others.
.[Image: 7c6a953a34fabac3bb958ad88e0f2d7f.jpg]

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
If it wasn't for Trump, what would you guys have to talk about?
Inflation?
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 10:47 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: If it wasn't for Trump, what would you guys have to talk about?
Inflation?

thanks for adding to the conversation.  Your input is valued and respected.

We could talk about pro-palestinian protestors.
Inflation.
Polls.
Inflation.
Biden causing gas prices to rise and Trump making them go down...at the same time.
Abortion.
Butker's speech.

And most importantly immigration and how we need to get rid of all foreigners who didn't get in the right way and how we have to stop letting so many in the right way and maybe even change the constitution!

Those al have their own threads and some have leaked into multiple threads.

But this thread is about Trump at the Libertarian meeting so his name *might* come up a bit in it.   Mellow
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 10:47 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: If it wasn't for Trump, what would you guys have to talk about?

Probably Ron DeSantis flopping hard trying to court libertarians with his brand of faux populist theocracy? 
Reply/Quote