Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump to teens: Illegals vote 3+ times, Article 2 lets me do whatever I want
Nothing like the President of the US repeating baseless lies to young Americans, especially after his voting commission found that his lies were baseless. The illegal voting lie wasn't the only one Trump told that day.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/07/23/yet-again-trump-falsely-blames-illegal-voting-getting-walloped-california/?utm_term=.9cacd6807949

This was at an event for Turning Points USA, a conservative college group with multiple chapters across the US and UK, and a history of questionable involvement in presidential campaigns and racism/white supremacy from chapters.

The event was highlighting the censorship of conservative voices in high schools and colleges. There's certainly an issue in our culture where opposing views are demonized rather than listened to and dialogued engaged in, but spreading lies doesn't help the cause and may only make the issue worse.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I can't edit the title but he also claimed that Article II of the Constitution lets him do whatever he wants, but he won't talk about it...

Yet we get told we're being hyperbolic and alarmist when we mention the threat he presents to our democratic institutions.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
I put the videos up in the thread about Trump's mental state.

Not sure if he believes it or just says it or both.

Either way he's damn near deranged these days.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/07/25/trump-appears-altered-presidential-seal-turning-point-usa-event/1824386001/

When Trump got on stage, there were three Presidential seals displayed on screens behind him. Turns out one was altered. The eagle was double-headed (a nod to the Russian Eagle), holding golf clubs, and the scroll containing "e pluribus unum" read "45 is a puppet" in Spanish.

(07-25-2019, 01:55 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/07/25/trump-appears-altered-presidential-seal-turning-point-usa-event/1824386001/

When Trump got on stage, there were three Presidential seals displayed on screens behind him. Turns out one was altered. The eagle was double-headed (a nod to the Russian Eagle), holding golf clubs, and the scroll containing "e pluribus unum" read "45 is a puppet" in Spanish.

Wow. Do y'all think it was a troll job or something? That's crazy!
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
(07-25-2019, 01:55 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/07/25/trump-appears-altered-presidential-seal-turning-point-usa-event/1824386001/

[Image: 0gX54ZnuFfBkxlVIpIjBFlbjv1joqBMYYUQEetsR...2f054be2a9]
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-25-2019, 04:59 PM)jmccracky Wrote: Wow. Do y'all think it was a troll job or something? That's crazy!

Apparently the screen was originally going to be used for branding/advertising purposes but they were told hours ahead of the event to have the seal for Trump, so an AV aide used google search to find a HD .PNG file to use and didn't realize it was a doctored seal.

But I tried to do the same and couldn't find that. Then again, the group itself is heavily Pro Trump, so it's unlikely that someone working for them was that anti Trump. 

(07-25-2019, 07:51 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Apparently the screen was originally going to be used for branding/advertising purposes but they were told hours ahead of the event to have the seal for Trump, so an AV aide used google search to find a HD .PNG file to use and didn't realize it was a doctored seal.

But I tried to do the same and couldn't find that. Then again, the group itself is heavily Pro Trump, so it's unlikely that someone working for them was that anti Trump. 

As with so many things involving Trump, the question inevitably becomes "Was it malice or incompetence?"
Do Trump's supporters buy his lines of bs when they come from other people? For instance, if a Trump supporter fixes my roof and I tell him I'd love to pay him, but when he wasn't looking a bunch of mexicans stole all my money, will he believe me?