Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump uses Rose Garden event to attack Biden
(07-15-2020, 05:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I just reviewed the OP and saw no mention of the word Goya, so was posting his daughter hold a can related to the OP?

As to Trump promoting the product> Great I understand they company has raised over $100,000 in short order to help under privileged families while triggered folks such as AOC call for a boycott because the owner stated he supports POTUS and this country. 

Have to ask Pat but in a thread about potential Hatch Act violations it served as an example of how blurred the line can be.

This wasn't about the boycott at all, just the Trump family's usual grifting.  

What "triggered" people to rush to Goya and Trump's defense?  Probably seeing the initials AOC?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2020, 05:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: Have to ask Pat but in a thread about potential Hatch Act violations it served as an example of how blurred the line can be.

What "triggered" people to rush to Goya and Trump's defense?  Probably seeing the initials AOC?

Unsure where I rushed to Trump's defense, but I do applaud them promoting a product that is providing food to the needy. 

I'd say folks were triggered because a politician asked for a boycott because a Latino pledged support for Trump. Who knows what dangerous thing might happen next. Folks forgetting they're black and voting for him against Biden's counsel? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2020, 05:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Unsure where I rushed to Trump's defense, but I do applaud them promoting a product that is providing food to the needy. 

I'd say folks were triggered because a politician asked for a boycott because a Latino pledged support for Trump. Who knows what dangerous thing might happen next. Folks forgetting they're black and voting for him against Biden's counsel? 

Never said you.  I was speaking in general about people being "triggered" the same I assumed you were.

Yeah, many people don't like Trump so if a businessman kisses his ass it might cause some blowback no matter what their ethnic group or race is.  That's the risk he took.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2020, 05:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I remember but she didn't say she liked it; she said she always had a bottle in her purse. That shit was 2funny. 

She said she had been eating a lot of hot sauce because she felt it helped boost her immunity.  She thought it was good for her health.

What is so shocking about a white person using hot sauce?

The only way you could find that statement unbelievable is you just hate Hillary.  There is absolutely no reason to believe she was lying.  Charlemagne even told her people would accuse her of pandering and she just joked about it asking if it was working.  And unlike when Trump claims he is joking everyone at the table was cracking up along with Hillary when she said that.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2020, 06:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So what is your explanation as to why Beyonce lied about it?

Hillary was living on the road during the campaign.  I have no problem believing a person in that situation would carry their own hot sauce.

I deleted the post before your reply. It's petty
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2020, 05:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Unsure where I rushed to Trump's defense, but I do applaud them promoting a product that is providing food to the needy. 

Nike also has donated millions to charity, but I don't remember Republicans caring about that when they were calling for a boycott against them.
Reply/Quote
The calls to boycott Goya wer all over social media before AOC and Julian Castro jumped on board.  The Latino population was outraged because Trump has spent his entire Presidency calling Mexican and Central American immigrants filthy, diseased criminals and shitting on Puerto Rico.

The Hispanic community considers the  "White House Hispanic Prosperity Initiative" (note it is not just the "Hispanic Prosperity Initiative") to be an example of election year pandering to Hispanic voters.  It has no clear goals or plans.  It is just a vague promise to create a committee to look at maybe doing something for Hispanics with no funding behind it.

You can't dog people for three-and-a-half years and then throw out some inchoate idea with the words "White House" attached to it and expect them to fall for that bullshit.

And Robert Unanue probably identifies with Trump because they were both gifted their fortunes from their parents instead of having to work for them.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2020, 05:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: Have to ask Pat but in a thread about potential Hatch Act violations it served as an example of how blurred the line can be.

We all know why I posted it. It's an ethics violation, just as violating the Hatch Act is. I don't see the need to have one thread for partisan ethics violations in the Executive Branch and one thread for commercial ethics violations in the Executive Branch.

This seems like the sort of disingenuous thing that just serves to derail threads, which we are not suppose to be doing.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Wow. Even Karl Rove on Fox News is calling out Trump for his Rose Garden campaign speech. Rove said Trump broke rule number one for an incumbent President. He said the sitting president always looks better being presidential than campaigning. In other words when you have the pulpit and megaphone as the leader of the free world don't blow it on petty campaign attacks.

The problem is that Trump does not really know how to act like a President.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2020, 08:32 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Wow.  Even Karl Rove on Fox News is calling out Trump for his Rose Garden campaign speech.  Rove said Trump broke rule number one for an incumbent President.  He said the sitting president always looks better being presidential than campaigning.  In other words when you have the pulpit and megaphone as the leader of the free world don't blow it on petty campaign attacks.

Maybe we should give him a chance.  He might grow into the job.   Ninja
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2020, 08:32 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Wow.  Even Karl Rove on Fox News is calling out Trump for his Rose Garden campaign speech.  Rove said Trump broke rule number one for an incumbent President.  He said the sitting president always looks better being presidential than campaigning.  In other words when you have the pulpit and megaphone as the leader of the free world don't blow it on petty campaign attacks.

Being completely unpresidential has been Trump's selling point for years, so he's wise to double down it.  The horse is outta the barn on this one. 

It is somewhat funny watching Republicans tsk tsk at Trump after their decades of badmouthing anyone who isn't a "Republican" opened the door for this farce. 
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2020, 10:22 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Being completely unpresidential has been Trump's selling point for years, so he's wise to double down it.  The horse is outta the barn on this one. 

No doubt.  I see this happening on a regular basis now that he can't have campaign rallies.

Maybe next time he will have crowd noise piped in with everyone going nuts when he calls for Biden to be arrested.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2020, 10:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No doubt.  I see this happening on a regular basis now that he can't have campaign rallies.

Maybe next time he will have crowd noise piped in with everyone going nuts when he calls for Biden to be arrested.

Itd work better if he vowed to have Biden committed to one of those crooked old folks homes. 
Reply/Quote