Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump v. Amazon
(03-30-2018, 03:37 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm just explaining why the USPS is around. I've had interesting conversations about whether or not we should consider it a public good any longer. Truthfully, I haven't decided.

I know why it has been around. It’s nearing its end of usefulness. The problem is we have a lot of people employed by them.
(03-30-2018, 03:40 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I know why it has been around. It’s nearing its end of usefulness. The problem is we have a lot of people employed by them.

Why does UPS and FedEx rely on USPS for a lot of their residential deliveries?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(03-30-2018, 03:42 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Why does UPS and FedEx rely on USPS for a lot of their residential deliveries?

Because they can. It also doesn’t mean they would not deliver themselves if the usps was gone.
(03-30-2018, 05:19 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Because they can. It also doesn’t mean they would not deliver themselves if the usps was gone.

USPS has the infrastructure in place to make residential deliveries more efficiently. Do you think a private company would do this for every residence in the country?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(03-30-2018, 06:25 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: USPS has the infrastructure in place to make residential deliveries more efficiently. Do you think a private company would do this for every residence in the country?

If the Usps folded they would sell off a lot of their infrastructure and it would most certainly be gobbled up by private options. I doubt every Usps building would be used but there would be a way plus each year we become more and more paperless.
good lord.....y'all mean well, but LOL
--------------------------------------------------------