Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump wants a military parade
(02-07-2018, 09:43 PM)hollodero Wrote: Hilarious how comes you never made it editor at Breitbart.

The hippie movement caused a lot of problems. The black community still hasn’t recovered from their shenanigans.
(02-07-2018, 09:34 PM)hollodero Wrote: ThumbsUp
I'm sure there is a reason and it was probably Jesus himself who gave it to all of you. Then he gave you TV and McDonalds and made you fat and lazy.
So these are some more of the clichés, I hate it when Americans are just reduced to one of them. - You'd still not want to swap with the Germans, so.

Also, a military parade. Give me a break. That should be something we all mock the French for.

I’m 100% with you on the military parade. Bengalzina pretty much nailed it with his response.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-07-2018, 09:47 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The hippie movement caused a lot of problems.   The black community still hasn’t  recovered from their shenanigans.

I don't know what to say. I really didn't know that.
(02-07-2018, 09:39 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Leftist trash the military all the time. Just as they did when they were hippies. They are pretty despicable when it comes to the military and the service members. They all need to be smacked around with avocado wraps and their preferred pronoun nonsense.

[Image: 20155984_10154895095676483_5724166643372064395_n.jpg]
(02-07-2018, 04:13 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: This is just patently false. American Sniper was the top grossing movie of 2014, and that was about a super conservative veteran. Veterans are incredibly respected in this nation. People love stories about veterans and helping them.

How about we just spend that money on job/education/housing programs and health care for vets?

(02-07-2018, 04:26 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: And the leftists attacked that movie as being racist.

[Image: 10953224_10153071309073827_1981036580359...e=5B0F15CD]

Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-07-2018, 09:39 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Leftist trash the military all the time.  Just as they did when they were hippies.   They are pretty despicable when it comes to the military and the service members.   They all need to be smacked around with avocado wraps and their preferred pronoun nonsense.

Too bad the military and everyone else on the right have been too weak to stand up to the hippies and leftist for over fifty years now.

You admitted that you still have no recovered.  If you haven't by now then you never will have the guts to do it.  But keep crying and maybe the French will come and help you
(02-07-2018, 09:39 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Leftist trash the military all the time.

Guess who?

November 13, 2015: “I know more about ISIS than the generals do, believe me.”

June 5, 2016: “[The generals] don’t know much because they’re not winning.”
(02-07-2018, 09:39 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Leftist trash the military all the time.  Just as they did when they were hippies.   They are pretty despicable when it comes to the military and the service members.   They all need to be smacked around with avocado wraps and their preferred pronoun nonsense.

So you were wrong. Got it. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-08-2018, 12:03 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: [Image: 20155984_10154895095676483_5724166643372064395_n.jpg]

He is a draft dodger like the hippies, so I guess this is who he was referring to. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/08/asia/military-parade-north-korea-intl/index.html

Quote:Troops, missiles and tanks rolled into North Korea's historic Kim Il Sung Square Thursday in a highly anticipated parade of military might on the eve of South Korea's Winter Olympics.

The choreographed display involved hundreds of soldiers marching in unison, planes soaring above and four of Pyongyang's newest and most sophisticated missile, the Hwasong-15. North Korean leader Kim Jong Un watched all of it from a balcony above.

The parade is being held to mark the day Kim's grandfather, Kim Il Sung, formed the Korean People's Army, and came as celebrations started in the South for the Games in the resort city of Pyeongchang.

Maybe Trump's can commemorate the day his father got arrested marching with the KKK?   Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Those doggone lefties trashing the military:

Dam leftists don't have any respect for the military!

I'll bet they don't even support Lt. Calley!!!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(02-07-2018, 04:26 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: And the leftists attacked that movie as being racist.

LOL those guys are ALWAYS attacking racism.  They need to get a life.
(02-07-2018, 04:50 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well if they think that's something to make fun of, then that says more about them than us.  I don't feel the least bit ashamed to honor people willing to risk their lives so that morons like them can poke fun.  Just curious, is there anything these remarkable people like about the US?  They sort of remind me of us Bengal fans and the Steelers.  If you can't beat them, try to make fun of them.

Michael, I too am not ashamed to honor people willing to risk their lives. (That was one of my first beefs with Trump, when dissed a POW who'd spent years hanging by his arms in the Hanoi Hilton.) 

But I also notice that among military, they too make fun of the "Thank you for your service" phrase, in part because it is so indiscriminately used.  I know one guy who responds saying "and thank you for sending me to Afghanistan."

If Bels is reading, I would ask if, in the context he describes, the phrase has simply become detached from the military, a way of complaining about other things like pompous bosses or work overloads.  Just wondering.
(02-07-2018, 07:57 PM)michaelsean Wrote: But why do you bother?  I’m sure there are plenty of French people who say France is the greatest country in the world. I couldn’t care less that they think that. I’m sure not going to spend my time talking about it. And it could be any country.   I don’t care if they think their country is the best. Or exceptional. I hope most people do. So a lot of Americans think the US is exceptional. Who cares?

I can understand why all those foreigners care about whether and to what degree the U.S. celebrates militarism--and its ideal of exceptionalism.

The notion of U.S. "exceptionalism" was a central feature of US cold war foreign policy, articulated in documents like the NSC-68 (which became the basis of both Truman's and Eisenhower's policy).

The belief in "exceptionalism" was the foundation of an assumed political and cultural superiority--a belief that others wanted to be, or should want to be, like us.  A lot of not listening to others went with that, and some double standards which were obvious to others but not to the U.S.  We could not be doing bad things when we plainly were doing bad things, because we were exceptional and exceptional peoples don't do bad things. Works at home, not abroad.

If Austrians think they are exceptional, and the model for other nations, that has not, since 1918 at least, sent billions of dollars/Euros into all corners of the earth as military, economic and "cultural" aid. Their exceptionalism, if they have it, has not given them the right to overturn specific, actually democratic governments to defend "freedom" in general.

Were I an Austrian or a Bolivian or an Indian, book's like Dick Cheney's Exceptional: Why the World needs a Powerful America, would occasion concern, as the architect of the Iraq War has not learned his lesson. Let's remember the goal was to set up a democratic, America-like Iraq which, being successful like America, would then be a model for replication around the Middle East, whose populations would say "hey, we want that American thing" and revolt until they got it. Now Cheney would teach the world again who is the "last best hope of earth."   The right president, not an Obama style "diplomacy wimp," might be ready to hear that message again.
(02-08-2018, 10:42 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Those doggone lefties trashing the military:

Dam leftists don't have any respect for the military!

I'll bet they don't even support Lt. Calley!!!

Well, if they trashed the DOJ, the FBI, and the entire US intelligence community, they would be conservatives.