Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump wears a mask in public.
Is the virus no longer a hoax?

Is it no longer going away like a miracle?

Did DJT finally come to understand that wearing a mask can help and he should lead by example?

Is it just a cheap political stunt?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Either way... I'm glad he did it. He looked good in it too. Looked like a man of resolve. Should he have done it sooner? Yes... But credit where credit is due. I'm not sure this means Biden is done, but whatever.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2020, 09:48 AM)jason Wrote: Either way... I'm glad he did it. He looked good in it too. Looked like a man of resolve. Should he have done it sooner? Yes... But credit where credit is due. I'm not sure this means Biden is done, but whatever.

See I have a hard time giving him credit when he does something he should have done.  Had he done this months ago, without the rhetoric he kept throwing out there, maybe.  But now?  Now it is just a political stunt.  If he doesn't see a jump in poll numbers he won't do it again.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2020, 09:55 AM)GMDino Wrote: See I have a hard time giving him credit when he does something he should have done.  Had he done this months ago, without the rhetoric he kept throwing out there, maybe.  But now?  Now it is just a political stunt.  If he doesn't see a jump in poll numbers he won't do it again.

I see that too, and I basically agree. We now have a citywide mask mandate that ballooned into a countywide mandate here in Dayton. Compliance is way up from what it was prior, but local law enforcement has gone outta their way to blurt out that they aren't gonna enforce it... (Thanks guys... Reminds me of the consultants in Office Space. "What is it... Ya do here?".) So if this stunt or whatever gets a couple more of the stragglers on board with pitching in, then I'm good.

But yes... This should've happened 3 months ago.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
This reminds me of when Paula Deen made all that money off of making ultra-unhealthy food and saying stuff like "Now I'm yer cook, I ain't yer doctor!" and then did a total 180 and started doing the healthy and diabetic-friendly stuff full force. Trump was a badass for not wearing a mask like scaredy cat Biden and now Trump is a badass for wearing a mask like scaredy cat Biden.

Also, a 75 year old dude strutting around in a mask isn't exactly the most badass thing in my mind, but what do I know?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2020, 09:36 AM)GMDino Wrote: Is the virus no longer a hoax?

Is it no longer going away like a miracle?

Did DJT finally come to understand that wearing a mask can help and he should lead by example?

Is it just a cheap political stunt?

I didn't see those tweets claiming him wearing a mask once was "boss" or the death blow to Biden.

That's really embarrassing for the people who tweeted that. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 03:34 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I didn't see those tweets claiming him wearing a mask once was "boss" or the death blow to Biden.

That's really embarrassing for the people who tweeted that. 

I don't think those people have any shame. They are incapable of being embarrassed.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 03:38 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't think those people have any shame. They are incapable of being embarrassed.

Even by Trumpfan standards it's an illogical statement.  Trump is now wearing a mask like cowardly Joe Biden and all those liberal scaredy cats we've been laughing at for months but hey....suddenly this looks TOTALLY BADASS!

Trump doesn't pay his taxes like a genius, dodges the draft like a hero, and wears a mask like a badass.  Hopefully he pees his pants on stage so we can hear people come up with a reason why that's pretty much the greatest thing ever.  Or maybe he and Biden could BOTH do it at a debate and we can hear how Biden pees himself like a confused old grampa and Trump pees himself like Easy Rider meets Charles Bronson in Deathwish Part 17.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 04:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Even by Trumpfan standards it's an illogical statement.  Trump is now wearing a mask like cowardly Joe Biden and all those liberal scaredy cats we've been laughing at for months but hey....suddenly this looks TOTALLY BADASS!

Trump doesn't pay his taxes like a genius, dodges the draft like a hero, and wears a mask like a badass.  Hopefully he pees his pants on stage so we can hear people come up with a reason why that's pretty much the greatest thing ever.  Or maybe he and Biden could BOTH do it at a debate and we can hear how Biden pees himself like a confused old grampa and Trump pees himself like Easy Rider meets Charles Bronson in Deathwish Part 17.

[Image: 1zytdr.jpg]
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
It's almost too little too late, but it's still a big deal.

Trump, in an interview with CBS, gave a somewhat endorsement of mask wearing:

During an interview, CBS News' Catherine Herridge asked the president whether there should be a federal mandate on wearing masks or if it should be left to governors to decide. Trump responded that governors go by guidelines set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and "that's good."

When asked whether he would urge Americans to wear masks, Trump replied: “If it‘s necessary, I would urge them to wear a mask and I would say follow the guidelines.“

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/14/trump-urges-americans-to-wear-masks-361836

Hopefully he keeps moving in the right direction. Tens of thousands of lives are at stake.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote