Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Trumps Immigration Executive Order
(01-29-2017, 11:54 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Makes sense that Trump would block scientists from coming back to the U.S. They make his head hurt with all of their non-alternative facts.

Every day this guy has been fear mongering while dumbing down part of the public.

The fear I believe is being generated because Americans are not used to a president acting so fast to keep his promises.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-29-2017, 12:40 PM)6andcounting Wrote: The only country named in the executive order is Syria. The 7 countries are all the countries listed as "countries of concern" by the Department of Homeland Security in the 2015 Visa Waiver and program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Protection Act. You can argue that Sadi Arabia and Pakistan should have been part of the 2015 act and should have still been added for the 2017 part as well, buts that's different than the "conflict of interest" fake news.

What!?!? Are you suggesting that the OP and those buying into it are accepting alternative facts? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Remember when the right was all about the rule of law?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/28/politics/2-iraqis-file-lawsuit-after-being-detained-in-ny-due-to-travel-ban/

Quote:A federal judge in New York blocked part of President Donald Trump's controversial executive order on immigration Saturday, ruling that authorities could not remove individuals from seven Muslim-majority countries who had arrived in US airports after the order had been issued. The White House, however, maintained Sunday that the order is unaffected and remains in place.

US Judge Ann M. Donnelly held that the petitioners had a "strong likelihood of success" in establishing that their removal "violates their rights to Due Process and Equal Protection guaranteed by the United States Constitution."

Donnelly, who was appointed to the bench by President Barack Obama, sits on the US District Court for the Eastern District of New York.

A White House spokesperson defended the order Sunday, saying: "It is the right and duty of the President to do everything in his legal and constitutional power to protect the American people."

"Saturday's ruling does not undercut the President's executive order. All stopped visas will remain stopped. All halted admissions will remain halted. All restricted travel will remain prohibited. The executive order is a vital action toward strengthening America's borders, and therefore sovereignty. The order remains in place," the spokesperson said.

The court's ruling came after immigration lawyers at the Americans Civil Liberties Union and other groups flocked to airports across the country to come to the aide of individuals who had arrived with valid immigrant visas and found themselves in legal limbo. The lawyers asked for a nationwide stay that would block the deportation of all people stranded in US airports under what the group called "President Trump's new Muslim ban."
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-29-2017, 01:10 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: The fear I believe is being generated because Americans are not used to a president acting so fast to keep his promises.

Who cares when the promises suck and are stemmed from fear-mongering and baseless conspiracies. I can promise to make you a mud pie and it's a lot easier to make than promising to make you a key lime pie.

The war with the press and the silencing of scientists isn't comforting.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/01/29/donald-trump-middle-east--new-york-times/97211690/

Quote:Presidential counselor Kellyanne Conway, appearing on Fox News Sunday, said people who have been held up are being given screenings and will be released if they are not considered terrorist threats. She also said the order by the Brooklyn judge — an "Obama appointee" — doesn't apply to the anti-terrorism goal of the Trump order.

"It's preventing, not detaining," Conway said, calling the detentions "a small price to pay" for security.

And we're off....
Emigrating to the United States is a privilege. It is not a right.
(01-29-2017, 05:03 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Emigrating to the United States is a privilege.  It is not a right.

Domestic terrorism kills far more than anything else. This is just fear mongering.
How many of the top 10 countries in the world by Muslim population is affected by this ban on Muslims?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(01-28-2017, 11:08 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: 16388311_1674514775892827_75957592444021...e=5917BD81]

......Are you even trying anymore, man? This is the biggest crock of shit I have ever seen and it's not even hard to prove wrong.

0 dead from Iraqi citizens from 1975-2015? I'm sorry, was the war that happened there not actually a thing? I am sure glad the ~4,800 soldiers who died in Iraq are actually alive. Be sure to phone all of their families and tell them their sons and daughters are still alive. Call up the Maupins, they are wonderful people who I am sure will be happy to hear their son wasn't captured, killed, and buried in the desert for years.

0 dead from Somalia from 1975-2015? Sure glad those 18 people who died in Mogadishu in October of 1993 are really just chilling on a beach somewhere.

You have always been awfully extreme with your views being slanted to one side, but this BS of a post should make you feel ashamed, like a dirty POS. Seriously. Delete it now. We just had a US citizen die in Yemen announced today.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(01-29-2017, 11:36 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: ......Are you even trying anymore, man? This is the biggest crock of shit I have ever seen and it's not even hard to prove wrong.

0 dead from Iraqi citizens from 1975-2015? I'm sorry, was the war that happened there not actually a thing? I am sure glad the ~4,800 soldiers who died in Iraq are actually alive. Be sure to phone all of their families and tell them their sons and daughters are still alive. Call up the Maupins, they are wonderful people who I am sure will be happy to hear their son wasn't captured, killed, and buried in the desert for years.

In all fairness, the meme is in regard to stopping people from these countries from entering the USA.  I'm not sure how fair it is to invade a country and then blame people from that country when people get killed during said invasion/occupation.
(01-29-2017, 11:36 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: ......Are you even trying anymore, man? This is the biggest crock of shit I have ever seen and it's not even hard to prove wrong.

0 dead from Somalia from 1975-2015? Sure glad those 18 people who died in Mogadishu in October of 1993 are really just chilling on a beach somewhere.

You have always been awfully extreme with your views being slanted to one side, but this BS of a post should make you feel ashamed, like a dirty POS. Seriously. Delete it now. We just had a US citizen die in Yemen announced today.

pretty sure this is in regards to the people from those countries carrying out attacks on us soil....
People suck
(01-30-2017, 09:14 AM)Griever Wrote: pretty sure this is in regards to the people from those countries carrying out attacks on us soil....

Exactly, this graphic isn't about military personnel killed on those country's soil. This was on keeping people out of the U.S. who want to kill us, and as has been pointed out in many places, and not just the graphic, this ban would stop exactly 0 deaths due to "radical Islam" from the banned countries over the last 40 years.

This is fear mongering, and is against everything we as a country stand for.
Also, funny to look back on...

[Image: Capture.jpg]
(01-30-2017, 09:25 AM)Au165 Wrote: Also, funny to look back on...

[Image: Capture.jpg]

yeah almost all of the republicans who are for it now were against it back in 15
People suck
I think after almost two days we can reflect on this mess:

1) It was poorly implemented.  Lack of communication to the people actually expected to enforce a vague rule is something I would expect from someone who is use to being a CEO and having a direct chain of command.

2) It was poorly thought out.  Nothing new there.  Trump said he would do something soe he rushed ahead and did it without thoughts of how it would work.

3) The courts blocked parts of the order, Trump's people said that didn't matter.  So much for checks and balances.

4) Despite all the dancing around it was intended to be a "Muslim Ban".  Rudy admitted that.

5) I don't think Trump cares one iota if people protest or complain or sue him over his decisions.  He's still out there saying everything is going great with the order.
hes still out there complaining about crowd size
People suck
First thing first, if you have a legal VISA then you should be allowed back in the country.
My question is, since I am too lazy to look it up, where does he derive the authority?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(01-30-2017, 11:28 AM)michaelsean Wrote: First thing first, if you have a legal VISA then you should be allowed back in the country.  
My question is, since I am too lazy to look it up, where does he derive the authority?

U.S. Code (don't have the number) gives the President the authority to prevent people from coming into the country whom the President deems to "pose a threat to the national security". That could include citizens as well as immigrants.

The President technically has the authority to do this. He has a potential basis: the seven countries are countries identified as having potential threats by the previous administration.

However, there is a question of motivation. The administration has billed this to the media as an anti-Muslim effort. That would violate freedom of religion (the First Amendment). The President can't violate the First Amendment by wholesale targeting a group.

Also, there is some flawed logic. When asked about it yesterday, the President's advisor Kellyanne Conway stated that this was to prevent further attacks on the U.S. like the Texas Army base shooting, the Boston Marathon bombing and the San Bernardino shootings. These were the three things she specifically noted. The problem with that was that the Army base shootings were conducted by an American citizen born and bred here. The Boston bombing and the San Bernardino shootings were conducted by people who immigrated from countries not  on the list.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]