Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trumps Immigration Plan
After the speech a couple of days ago, I figured there would be a hardy back and forth that started out about immigration but degraded into how Christians are evil by now.

So, where is the thread about Trumps Immigration Speech?

Well, here it is...go to town people, let's see what you got.

Or are you waiting for your talking points emails from your respective candidates?
What is your opinion?
Trump's plans are unrealistic and would cost the American tax-payers a ton of money.
Johnson's plan is to make the immigration process easier, so more folks will go through it, be trackable, and pay taxes.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
The key part of Trumps position that no one is discussing is that he is strongly opposed to LEGAL immigration.

Some people claim that is an economic issue. Others claim it is a racists issue (Make America White Again).

Either way it is much more complicated than just what people want to do about illegal immigrants.
(09-03-2016, 01:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: What is your opinion?

Trump is a fool, that's my opinion. There is no way Trump will build a wall, deport the illegals, hire 5,000 more Border Patrol Agents and whatever else he said.

He may be able to get a tracking system in place but the rest is just unrealistic.
I heard if wall doesnt go up, he wants to invest in a multi-billion a.i. system that can directly coordinate with 1000's of robotic beings & drones armed across the border. This a.i. can tap directly into the military cyber infrastructure to help us be more secure, and it would be named Skynet. Problem solved.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-03-2016, 11:36 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Trump is a fool, that's my opinion. There is no way Trump will build a wall, deport the illegals, hire 5,000 more Border Patrol Agents and whatever else he said.

He may be able to get a tracking system in place but the rest is just unrealistic.

Bingo.

Sane, reasonable people know this.  The rest are trying to figure ways the wall would be feasible and are voting for Trump (even if they say they are not) because they want to believe he will save "us" from "them".
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
It's ridiculous.

The biggest problem with illegal immigration isn't the border security with Mexico. Building a wall is unnecessary and fiscally irresponsible. The problem that needs to be fixed are the people that enter the country legally and then don't leave.

Expanding ICE and deporting anybody who shows up in court would present massive ethical, logistical, and economical problems.

If you want to fix illegal immigration, go after the companies that are hiring illegals, and simplify the immigration process. Give them a path to permanent residency so they can be taxed, get health care, get licenses to drive, (probably the #1 reason they show up in court anyways, at least in my experience.) and contribute to society without living in fear.
(09-03-2016, 03:00 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: It's ridiculous.

The biggest problem with illegal immigration isn't the border security with Mexico. Building a wall is unnecessary and fiscally irresponsible. The problem that needs to be fixed are the people that enter the country legally and then don't leave.

Expanding ICE and deporting anybody who shows up in court would present massive ethical, logistical, and economical problems.

If you want to fix illegal immigration, go after the companies that are hiring illegals, and simplify the immigration process. Give them a path to permanent residency so they can be taxed, get health care, get licenses to drive, (probably the #1 reason they show up in court anyways, at least in my experience.) and contribute to society without living in fear.

The problem is that our federal law enforcement agencies are consistently underfunded. Makes it very difficult to do their jobs.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-03-2016, 07:23 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The problem is that our federal law enforcement agencies are consistently underfunded. Makes it very difficult to do their jobs.

which is why it gets ridiculous when people talk about across the board cuts. Some agencies, including immigration, are already so underfunded they can't operate. Cutting spending needs to happen, but it needs an intelligent approach instead of just hacking away. 6% of renewable energy subsidies wouldn't amount to much. 6% of military spending wouldn't make much sense given the size of the military. And 6% of funding to immigration controls would only make the problem worse.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]