Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trumps mocks McCain for being a POW
Trump insults McCain for losing the Prsidential election?

Didn't McCain do a lot better than trump ever has at running for President.
(07-19-2015, 01:17 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Or he could have suggested that Vets pays for their own insurance,

The message describes the idea as a "decision to let the military pay for their war injuries" and to "require veterans [to] carry private health insurance." That gives a false picture of what was actually under discussion.

As reported by the Washington Post and others including Fox News, the Obama administration met with several veterans groups on March 16 and floated the idea of saving taxpayers $540 million by billing veterans’ private insurance companies for treatment of conditions connected to their military service, including war injuries. The Department of Veterans Affairs currently bills these insurance companies for treatment of non-service-related conditions.
But as administration officials made clear at the time, there was no proposal to force veterans to pay for treatment for their own injuries, or to make them buy private insurance if they did not already have it. In fact, administration officials told FactCheck.org at the time that their proposal would have no financial impact on veterans at all.
"The idea … would result in no additional out-of-pocket costs to veterans even when their private insurance plans require deductibles before benefits are paid," one official told us in an exchange of e-mails.

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/05/would-obama-have-soldiers-pay-for-own-war-injuries/

(07-19-2015, 01:17 AM)bfine32 Wrote:  instituted furloughs and sequestration, 

Congress instituted Sequestration, not Obama.  
You know I don't mind sequestration. But I wouldn't mind seeing us drop to the level of government we are at when the government is "shutdown".

A 15% cut isn't bad at all. And non essential employees aren't needed.
(07-20-2015, 02:02 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You know I don't mind sequestration.   But I wouldn't mind seeing us drop to the level of government we are at when the government is "shutdown".  

A 15% cut isn't bad at all.   And non essential employees aren't needed.

Congratulations on accurately defining the term, "non-essential".  Of course, "non-essential", in this case, is a subjective term completely dependent on personal view point.  If, for example, you were the person making the decision I'd live in mortal terror of the consequences. 
(07-20-2015, 02:21 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Congratulations on accurately defining the term, "non-essential".  Of course, "non-essential", in this case, is a subjective term completely dependent on personal view point.  If, for example, you were the person making the decision I'd live in mortal terror of the consequences. 

Who do you think I would consider non essential?

I promise its not the same people obama lays off when the gov is shut down. I would still allow people to view Mt Rushmore and let vets see memorials in DC.
Right now I'm supporting Trump because he's the only one talking about building a fence. If any of the other candidates present a plan to secure the border, I will quickly abandon The Donald.
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
(07-20-2015, 02:59 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Who do you think I would consider non essential?

I have no idea and am glad to be able to say so.  Given your history of ill-informed, histrionic and reactionary posts I simply hazard a guess that your list would range from mind numbing to terror inspiring. 

Quote:I promise its not the same people obama lays off when the gov is shut down.   I would still allow people to view Mt Rushmore and let vets see memorials in DC.

In other words you'd be more worried about PR than actually preserving essential services.  Well done.
(07-20-2015, 08:11 AM)Toy Cannon Wrote: Right now I'm supporting Trump because he's the only one talking about building a fence.  If any of the other candidates present a plan to secure the border, I will quickly abandon The Donald.

You are not aware that they have ladders in Mexico?
(07-20-2015, 12:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You are not aware that they have ladders in Mexico?

I knew we'd regret opening all those Werner Ladder factories in Mexico.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-20-2015, 12:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You are not aware that they have ladders in Mexico?

And shovels....

...and harder workers.   Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-20-2015, 08:11 AM)Toy Cannon Wrote: Right now I'm supporting Trump because he's the only one talking about building a fence.  If any of the other candidates present a plan to secure the border, I will quickly abandon The Donald.

We've got fences all over my neighborhood, but hey they still manage to cut the lawn. Ninja

So... he's the only candidate who doesn't know about immigrant workers trucked in by business owners, immigrants climbing over fences, immigrants walking through tunnels under fences, immigrants floating to the coast in boats?

The only benefit to building a fence is to the company contracting to build it.

Israel has built double fences that have successfully kept terrorists from crossing the border.
(07-20-2015, 04:21 PM)Toy Cannon Wrote: Israel has built double fences that have successfully kept terrorists from crossing the border.

I'm not remembering exact dimensions, but I think Israel's is somewhere around 300 miles and the proposed us fence is 2,000 miles, part of that through mountains.

Roughly 6.66 times longer, and considerably more than 6.66 times the cost.

We're already indirectly paying for Israel's wall. Isn't that enough?
(07-20-2015, 04:21 PM)Toy Cannon Wrote: Israel has built double fences that have successfully kept terrorists from crossing the border.

Isreal has spent ridiculous amounts of money on fully guarding every foot of their border because they are essentially at war with the party on the other side.

It would be insane for the United States to spend that amount of money and resources one a border 10 time longer than Israels just to  keep out people who want to pick crops and work construction.
(07-20-2015, 04:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Isreal has spent ridiculous amounts of money on fully guarding every foot of their border because they are essentially at war with the party on the other side.

It would be insane for the United States to spend that amount of money and resources one a border 10 time longer than Israels just to  keep out people who want to pick crops and work construction.

I think it would be the money well spent.

[Image: MS-13-IllegalAliens1.jpg]
(07-20-2015, 11:02 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I have no idea and am glad to be able to say so.  Given your history of ill-informed, histrionic and reactionary posts I simply hazard a guess that your list would range from mind numbing to terror inspiring. 

In other words you'd be more worried about PR than actually preserving essential services.  Well done.

You do realize he posted barricades on monuments and had security posted so you couldn't see Mount Rushmore from a road.   He actually blocked the road and shut down a private bed and breakfast due to the road closure.
(07-20-2015, 05:07 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You do realize he posted barricades on monuments and had security posted so you couldn't see Mount Rushmore from a road.   He actually blocked the road and shit down a private bed and breakfast due to the road closure.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/rushmore.asp

Quote:The National Park Service placed cones along highway viewing areas outside Mount Rushmore, barring visitors from pulling over and taking pictures of the famed monument. 

The cones first went up Oct. 1, said Dusty Johnson, [South Dakota] Gov. Dennis Daugaard's chief of staff. The state asked that they be taken down, and federal officials did so with some of them. The state was told the cones were a safety precaution to help channel cars into viewing areas rather than to bar their entrance. 

"I think reasonable people can disagree about that," Johnson said. 

The cones were down again [three days later] as a blizzard hit the Black Hills and plows needed access to the roads, Johnson said. He said the state would be monitoring to see whether the cones are put back along viewing areas. 

"Once the snow's off the ground, we're going to be keeping an eye on how the cones go up," Johnson said. 

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/rushmore.asp#zPtFpuSXC2S1Qem3.99
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-20-2015, 05:07 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You do realize he posted barricades on monuments and had security posted so you couldn't see Mount Rushmore from a road.   He actually blocked the road and shit down a private bed and breakfast due to the road closure.

During the government shutdown, in Yellowstone Park they rounded up some of the biggest tallest trucks they could find and parked them where they would do the most to block the view guests had of Old Faithful when it erupted.
Mellow