Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boo hoo, Trump is smarter than he let's on..
(06-27-2017, 10:38 AM)Griever Wrote: did Mueller stop being special counsel?

Has the investigation turned up anything other than Loretta Lynch possibly being culpable for crimes against the United States?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(06-27-2017, 06:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Has the investigation turned up anything other than Loretta Lynch possibly being culpable for crimes against the United States?

What was that?
(06-27-2017, 06:11 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What was that?

You know, where she may have tried to stifle the HRC email investigation.  That's some pretty serious shit.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(06-27-2017, 08:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You know, where she may have tried to stifle the HRC email investigation.  That's some pretty serious shit.

I must have missed that.  They've got more drama than middle school girls.  I can't keep up.
I figure a thread that think Trump is smart is a good place to put a link about Trump not realizing his private Twitter account has to follow the same rules as his official Twitter account.

Quote:Trump Just Violated An Ethics Law In Front Of 33 Million Twitter Followers

Quote:Trump promotes Fox News host’s book on Twitter
President Trump on Tuesday promoted Fox News host Eric Bolling's new book, "The Swamp," by retweeting Bolling's tweet that says Trump has a copy.

Yup -- here's Bolling's tweet promoting his book:

And here's a screenshot of Trump's retweet:

[Image: ethics.jpg]

When Kellyanne Conway used a TV appearance to promote Ivanka Trump merchandise, she was chastised by the White House:

Quote:Kellyanne Conway has been rebuked by the White House after she appeared on television urging the public to buy the branded products of the president’s daughter Ivanka....

Richard Painter, former White House chief ethics lawyer to former president George W Bush, said federal employees were prohibited from using their official position for private gain for “yourself or anybody, including your boss”.

She was later rebuked by Walter Shaub, director of the Office of Government Ethics, although the OGE did not have the authority to punish her (and the White House, of course, chose not to).

Here's
 the law in question:

Quote:§ 2635.702 Use of public office for private gain.
An employee shall not use his public office for his own private gain, for the endorsement of any product, service or enterprise, or for the private gain of friends, relatives, or persons with whom the employee is affiliated in a nongovernmental capacity, including nonprofit organizations of which the employee is an officer or member, and persons with whom the employee has or seeks employment or business relations. The specific prohibitions set forth in paragraphs (a) through (d) of this section apply this general standard, but are not intended to be exclusive or to limit the application of this section.

Trump was affiliated with Fox News in a nongovernmental capacity -- he appeared on Fox & Friends on a regular basis. He's a close friend of Rupert Murdoch, who runs Fox News.

We know that Trump is flagrantly violating the Constitution's emoluments clause on an ongoing basis. This is trivial by comparison. But The Hill story doesn't even raise the question of whether this is an ethics violation.

It is. But as with Trump's presidential buckraking, we'll all just shrug and move on.

He (or his minions) have since deleted the tweet.  So is he just dumb or does he not care or a little of both?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
"Trump is smarter than he lets on."

Absolute BS. Does anyone really think that he said that to keep Comey "honest?"
(06-27-2017, 10:13 AM)Vlad Wrote: Hope the trend continues.

Coincidentally recall the last time that remarkable improvements occurred within the black community?
That was under Reagan.

I chose a source written by a black guy. There's half a chance the source will half heartedy be met with your approval.

The good that Reagan did for black America

This title couldn't be more surprising that one called "The good that Reagan did for Central America."

You know Vlad, surfing around right wing media for topics you like will lead you to writers who do pretty much the same--i.e., they will be selecting information to construct articles they like.

These articles will whirl around other right wing media blogs and websites without much resistance or questioning. 

People who read such articles all day then get a rather distorted picture, not only of history, but of current politics. Before long they have absorbed the Fox filter to such a degree that "far leftism" appears everywhere in the one advanced industrial nation that does not have an effective left.  They can just "see" it.
No, Trump is DEFINITELY stupid...but the libtards are stupider.
--------------------------------------------------------