Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trumps wall
(01-07-2017, 11:06 AM)Benton Wrote: and taxing it.

imagine the wall you could build with weed tax money. Or, instead of something ridiculous, you could offset healthcare or education expenses, pay off national debt, improve crumbling infrastructure

but, no, lets keep it illegal and waste billions on a huge wall people can go around or under.
IKR ?

And let me tell you, the infrastructure is failing fast.
We've had 4 water main breaks in my town (population of like 13k), in less than 5 months.
The city was also on the verge of being charged by the EPA, for inferior sewage standards.

Gas and electric lines are going to start failing, due to companies no longer being required to reinvest x% back into their infrastructure like they were required to, in the past.

Also, an alarming amount of bridges are far past repair/replacement date.
My father was a bridge inspector for ODOT.
They were so backlogged, it was pathetic.

So, yeah....
Taxed weed would be an incredible boost and could make American great again.
And if it didn't, we'd at least be able to escape the fact without being locked up for a toke.
(01-07-2017, 11:23 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: IKR ?

We've had 4 water main breaks in my town (population of like 13k), in less than 5 months.
The city was also on the verge of being charged by the EPA, for inferior sewage standards.

Gas and electric lines are going to start failing, due to companies no longer being required to reinvest x% back into their infrastructure like they were required to, in the past.

So, yeah....
And if it didn't, we'd at least be able to escape the fact without being locked up for a toke.
similar problem in my little town (6k population, but triples in part time residents in summer as its a tourist location). Sewers were put in back in the 60s when the corps built the town and lake its on. Now, the sewer is failing and its going to be tens of millions to fix. They don't have it, so they're spending hundreds of thousands to patch it up and hope it makes it a little longer.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-07-2017, 11:23 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: IKR ?

So, yeah....

KEEP YOUR GOVERNMENT HANDS OFF MY WEED!!!
(01-07-2017, 11:51 AM)Benton Wrote: similar problem in my little town (6k population, but triples in part time residents in summer as its a tourist location). Sewers were put in back in the 60s when the corps built the town and lake its on. Now, the sewer is failing and its going to be tens of millions to fix. They don't have it, so they're spending hundreds of thousands to patch it up and hope it makes it a little longer.
There is a system where they can "sleeve" old lines.
There are contractors who have the machines and do the job.
I had seen it on tv, where they were sleeving lines in NYC.
I suggested it to our city, but nooooo....lol
Maybe you could have better luck.
I'll try to find a link, after I go do some work.
Wink
(01-07-2017, 12:01 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: There is a system where they can "sleeve" old lines.
There are contractors who have the machines and do the job.
I had seen it on tv, where they were sleeving lines in NYC.
I suggested it to our city, but nooooo....lol
Maybe you could have better luck.
I'll try to find a link, after I go do some work.
Wink
that's what they're doing in portions to fix leaks. Its very cool. The way the city engineer explained it they blow in the sleeve and it hardens into a line. That's working in some areas, but the problem they have in other is the lines are too small. This was all rural residential 50 years ago. They weren't planning on the lines accommodating fast food joints with grease traps and shopping centers.
The wall isn't happening. All it was was a shock method to get people talking and out the people who blame everyone else for their problems.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(01-07-2017, 01:26 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: The wall isn't happening. All it was was a shock method to get people talking and out the people who blame everyone else for their problems.

Trump is a straight shooter though who in no way resembles a politician. He wouldn't make empty promises...

"Drain The Swamp"

"Lock Her Up"

Mellow
This 'wall' business is nothing but a distraction while sanctions against Russia are being removed, Planned Parenthood is dismantled, Social Security and Medicare is being robbed/destroyed and on and on ....

Bait and switch, smoke and mirrors, snake oil, etc - all of the classic con jobs rolled into one administration coming soon.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
(01-07-2017, 01:58 AM)hollodero Wrote: Now economics really isn't my strong suit and all, but isn't he talking about the total money sent abroad, while you only talk about the money sent abroad from foreign-borns...? Which means his number still could be about right, because additionally US born citizens send money abroad too. Or did I miss something.

Guess you're just a low energy person then.

That is correct. I am not foreign born etc and I send money overseas. So people like me won't show up on Breibarts article. And once the immigrants become USCs, they don't all of a sudden stop sending money. I personally know USCs that have been sending money for several years. So your numbers are not the full story.

Yeah it was a convenient excuse to try to dismiss the rest of the information. 

Ad Benton, 
I want weed legalized and taxed as well, but the money should go to infrastructure, not a wall.

For those saying go under, apparently you are not up to date with Israeli technology. 

Going over a 30ft wall that is being monitored? Good luck with that. We will just wait for you to get to the top of the ladder, take the drugs and send everyone back down the ladder. Shoot them over with cannons, we'll intercept them on our side. Use drones? We can intercept those remotely as well, and fly them right to our compounds. Any other genius ideas?
(01-07-2017, 12:46 PM)Benton Wrote: that's what they're doing in portions to fix leaks. Its very cool. The way the city engineer explained it they blow in the sleeve and it hardens into a line. That's working in some areas, but the problem they have in other is the lines are too small. This was all rural residential 50 years ago. They weren't planning on the lines accommodating fast food joints with grease traps and shopping centers.
Nice....
I may contact your city's service dept to get a cost/benefit analysis....lol
(01-07-2017, 11:58 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: KEEP YOUR GOVERNMENT HANDS OFF MY WEED!!!
I haven't been elected to anything, yet.
Don't bogart that joint, my friend.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
(01-07-2017, 02:11 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: That is correct. I am not foreign born etc and I send money overseas. So people like me won't show up on Breibarts article. And once the immigrants become USCs, they don't all of a sudden stop sending money. I personally know USCs that have been sending money for several years. So your numbers are not the full story.

Ad Benton, 
I want weed legalized and taxed as well, but the money should go to infrastructure, not a wall.

For those saying go under, apparently you are not up to date with Israeli technology. 

Going over a 30ft wall that is being monitored? Good luck with that. We will just wait for you to get to the top of the ladder, take the drugs and send everyone back down the ladder. Shoot them over with cannons, we'll intercept them on our side. Use drones? We can intercept those remotely as well, and fly them right to our compounds. Any other genius ideas?

of course I'm not up to date on Israeli tech... I'm not Russian.

Mellow

seriously, though, what you're referring to is cost in addition ti the $25 billion (or $425 and up billion if you're getting rid of existing illegal workers). So you're tacking on even more money to patrol the wall. Which is cool, except for the tunnels under already existing portions, thousands of miles of coastline and the fact they can still legally cross the border on work visas and just Not return (that's the chief complaint I hear out of Ag producers in getting their immigrant farm labor to come back, many if them just stay here and get jobs in restaurants or lawn care or other cash jobs).

what's funny is the current "solutions" seem to be more government bloat instead of just funding current laws and immigration controls.
(01-07-2017, 02:11 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: That is correct. I am not foreign born etc and I send money overseas. So people like me won't show up on Breibarts article. And once the immigrants become USCs, they don't all of a sudden stop sending money. I personally know USCs that have been sending money for several years. So your numbers are not the full story.

Ad Benton, 

They could just sail around it. That assumes we don't mine the waters in the gulf and Pacific. Hey we've done that to Latin Americans before.

I'm not a proponent of a wall or anything like that. In an earlier post I jokingly suggested mining the area and setting up a Maginot line. Rotobeast shot that down suggesting the Mexicans would hire von Schlieffen's grandson to devise a plan to go around it. If they are going to have to guard this immense wall, doesn't it make more sense to stretch thousands of miles of razor wire about a half mile deep?... Some heavy machine guns here and there?... I dunno. I'm just trying to help them get this thing done in a timely manner. The next administration may be a little more sane, and put a stop to the wall's construction in its infancy.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Hey Mike. What's the total border mileage the israelis use this secret technology to protect their illegal apartheid pseudo state?

I'm no math whiz like you, but I think it might be a bit less than what we share with Mexico.
(01-07-2017, 07:02 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Hey Mike.  What's the total border mileage the israelis use this secret technology to protect their illegal apartheid pseudo state?

I'm no math whiz like you, but I think it might be a bit less than what we share with Mexico.

Ahh an anti-Semite, how refreshing.

We won't need more per mile than they use. We just have more miles to cover.  

For thise saying hire more agents, we already have 9.5 agents per mile on the payroll, and we've seen hiw ineffective they are. A wall with modern technology will increase their effectiveness. 

Ok so we will need to beef up marintine security. We already have customs for incoming shipments, might beef them up as well. 
(01-08-2017, 06:49 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Ahh an anti-Semite, how refreshing.

God, I am so sick you you're political correctness.
(01-08-2017, 06:54 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: God, I am so sick you you're political correctness.

And this is relevant to the topic from the OP?
(01-08-2017, 06:49 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Ahh an anti-Semite, how refreshing.

We won't need more per mile than they use. We just have more miles to cover.  

For thise saying hire more agents, we already have 9.5 agents per mile on the payroll, and we've seen hiw ineffective they are. A wall with modern technology will increase their effectiveness. 

Ok so we will need to beef up marintine security. We already have customs for incoming shipments, might beef them up as well. 

what does my condemnation of isreal's apartheid state have to do with my views on judaism?  not seeing the connection there.  you said they have some sort of tunnel technology I merely asked the total milage across which this technology is deployed.  instead of answering the question, you stooped to deflecting by way of character assassination.  please feel free to get back to me if you have any relevant information to the question posed.  I suspect you have none.

quick follow up since you apparently have a knack for this sort of thing: are the jewish residents of isreal who oppose the settlements and current state's handling of affairs with palestine also 'anti-semites'?
(01-08-2017, 07:47 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: And this is relevant to the topic from the OP?

You brought it up. 
(01-08-2017, 08:41 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: what does my condemnation of isreal's apartheid state have to do with my views on judaism?  not seeing the connection there.  you said they have some sort of tunnel technology I merely asked the total milage across which this technology is deployed.  instead of answering the question, you stooped to deflecting by way of character assassination.  please feel free to get back to me if you have any relevant information to the question posed.  I suspect you have none.

quick follow up since you apparently have a knack for this sort of thing: are the jewish residents of isreal who oppose the settlements and current state's handling of affairs with palestine also 'anti-semites'?

Palestinians are also Semitic people.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021