Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trumps wall
If I'm Mexico, I'm thinking about getting real buddy buddy with China right about now.
(01-26-2017, 08:24 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: If I'm Mexico, I'm thinking about getting real buddy buddy with China right about now.

China is already ahead of you....

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-china-analysis-idUSKBN1590KJ
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-06-2017, 12:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: Actually for only less than half the country.  The rest believe his BS.

Incorrect. His approval rating and the popular vote suggest well over half of Americans know he is full of shit.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(01-07-2017, 03:19 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Right. While evading taxes and defunding the VA is lauded as patriotic.

Well, don't forget bringing back the coat hanger. USA! USA!
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(01-07-2017, 02:24 PM)Benton Wrote: of course I'm not up to date on Israeli tech... I'm not Russian.

Mellow

seriously, though, what you're referring to is cost in addition ti the $25 billion (or $425 and up billion if you're getting rid of existing illegal workers). So you're tacking on even more money to patrol the wall. Which is cool, except for the tunnels under already existing portions, thousands of miles of coastline and the fact they can still legally cross the border on work visas and just Not return (that's the chief complaint I hear out of Ag producers in getting their immigrant farm labor to come back, many if them just stay here and get jobs in restaurants or lawn care or other cash jobs).

what's funny is the current "solutions" seem to be more government bloat instead of just funding current laws and immigration controls.

Well, with the party of small government in charge, what would you expect?
(01-26-2017, 08:24 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: If I'm Mexico, I'm thinking about getting real buddy buddy with China right about now.

It's like de-ja-Cuba all over again. But this time, we get nuclear winter! That'll shut 'em up about global warming!!
I've been listening to Fox news radio this week. Mostly because sports radio is garbage during these two weeks, but I also get a kick outta shows like Hannety, and Rush.... Anyway.

This morning on Herman Caine's show some redneck lady called in, and suggested that the "whiney liberals" be put on a chain gang to build this thing. They would be served 1 meal a day (if they worked really hard). It struck me as really rednecky and simple, but ol' Herm thought it was really funny.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(01-26-2017, 09:37 PM)jason Wrote: I've been listening to Fox news radio this week. Mostly because sports radio is garbage during these two weeks, but I also get a kick outta shows like Hannety, and Rush.... Anyway.

This morning on Herman Caine's show some redneck lady called in, and suggested that the "whiney liberals" be put on a chain gang to build this thing. They would be served 1 meal a day (if they worked really hard). It struck me as really rednecky and simple, but ol' Herm thought it was really funny.

Nah.... we use meth and heroin addicts, carrot and stick method.
I'd wager most of those would be on the rednecky side.

Seriously though.... it blows my mind how people have really bought into the us vs. them mentality.
Do they not understand the divide and conquer strategy, or at least the diversion the finger-pointing creates ?
I genuinely weep for our country.
Cry
(01-26-2017, 08:03 PM)Benton Wrote: Yes.

Outstanding. When the cost of food and vehicles goes up 20%, I'm sure the positive effect on the economy will be noticeable.

Yet another Republican policy to keep up with their theme of screwing the middle class. Their rich cronies wont feel it so its all good.
(01-06-2017, 11:27 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I think if anything, a wall represents misplaced anger of a struggling middle class.

Bingo - somebody gets it. This type of opinion is extremely strong through the halls of VFW's, American Legions, DAV's and VA hospitals. Yet, those guys don't matter. It also resonates strongly in the families effected by our well know drug epidemic and those who have suffered serious crimes and even deaths of family members due to illegal aliens. Yet, those people really don't matter either. Yet again, the opinions lay strongly in many cities, big and small, and the police officers and mayors who try to keep it safe.

It's a stupid, stupid wall. No terrorists could possibly cross from Mexico? Therefore Dallas doesn't need security at football games and El Paso should be the new home of the Boston marathon so we can all prove having control of our borders is ridiculous.

9-11 was just a conspiracy theory and the Islam motivated attacks in Ft. Hood, Chattanooga, Orlando, New York etc. Was simply fabricated stories by the same media who anymore shape the news instead of reporting it. As Obama says, "taking in Syrian refugees is the right thing to do!"

Trust me! The wall is stupid and our new POTUS is insane for being concerned. We love everyone big guy, "we got this!" Well, until it's my family and me who is affected. Then and only then will I hold you accountable and ask, "Why didn't you care about the American people? Why didn't you build a wall to at least try and improve the safety of my family? Their death is on your hands!"

Wait a minute. Maybe the wall ain't so stupid after all? WTF
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-27-2017, 12:19 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Bingo - somebody gets it. This type of opinion is extremely strong through the halls of VFW's, American Legions, DAV's and VA hospitals. Yet, those guys don't matter. It also resonates strongly in the families effected by our well know drug epidemic and those who have suffered serious crimes and even deaths of family members due to illegal aliens. Yet, those people really don't matter either. Yet again, the opinions lay strongly in many cities, big and small, and the police officers and mayors who try to keep it safe.

It's a stupid, stupid wall. No terrorists could possibly cross from Mexico? Therefore Dallas doesn't need security at football games and El Paso should be the new home of the Boston marathon so we can all prove having control of our borders is ridiculous.

9-11 was just a conspiracy theory and the Islam motivated attacks in Ft. Hood, Chattanooga, Orlando, New York etc. Was simply fabricated stories by the same media who anymore shape the news instead of reporting it. As Obama says, "taking in Syrian refugees is the right thing to do!"

Trust me! The wall is stupid and our new POTUS is insane for being concerned. We love everyone big guy, "we got this!" Well, until it's my family and me who is affected. Then and only then will I hold you accountable and ask, "Why didn't you care about the American people? Why didn't you build a wall to at least try and improve the safety of my family? Their death is on your hands!"

Harley, illegal aliens aren't the reason why my home's real estate value still hasn't recovered to the same level I paid in 2005.  Illegal aliens aren't the reason why the last two administrations gave billions of dollars to banks that ripped us off.  Illegal aliens aren't the reason why my children's job outlook is worse than our generation's when were their age.  Illegal aliens aren't the reason why health insurance is unaffordable to most unless you have employer sponsored health insurance.  Illegal aliens aren't the reason why middle class wages have stagnated and executive wages have skyrocketed.  Illegal aliens aren't the reason jobs are sent overseas, factories are built overseas, and foreign workers with work visas replace US workers in jobs within our own borders.  The list goes on and on my friend.  Illegal aliens are a scapegoat.  Don't get me wrong, illegal aliens shouldn't be here illegally.  But, they aren't the root of our problems and building a wall between us and Mexico won't solve the middle class' economic problems.  I would wager most illegal aliens are doing jobs Americans don't want to do anyway because they don't pay a living wage.
(01-27-2017, 12:45 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Harley, illegal aliens aren't the reason why my home's real estate value still hasn't recovered to the same level I paid in 2005.  Illegal aliens aren't the reason why the last two administrations gave billions of dollars to banks that ripped us off.  Illegal aliens aren't the reason why my children's job outlook is worse than our generation's when were their age.  Illegal aliens aren't the reason why health insurance is unaffordable to most unless you have employer sponsored health insurance.  Illegal aliens aren't the reason why middle class wages have stagnated and executive wages have skyrocketed.  Illegal aliens aren't the reason jobs are sent overseas, factories are built overseas, and foreign workers with work visas replace US workers in jobs within our own borders.  The list goes on and on my friend.  Illegal aliens are a scapegoat.  Don't get me wrong, illegal aliens shouldn't be here illegally.  But, they aren't the root of our problems and building a wall between us and Mexico won't solve the middle class' economic problems.  I would wager most illegal aliens are doing jobs Americans don't want to do anyway because they don't pay a living wage.

In what part of my post did I mention money or healthcare?
(01-27-2017, 12:19 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Bingo - somebody gets it. This type of opinion is extremely strong through the halls of VFW's, American Legions, DAV's and VA hospitals. Yet, those guys don't matter. It also resonates strongly in the families effected by our well know drug epidemic and those who have suffered serious crimes and even deaths of family members due to illegal aliens. Yet, those people really don't matter either. Yet again, the opinions lay strongly in many cities, big and small, and the police officers and mayors who try to keep it safe.

I'd wager the wall wont put a stop to crime drugs or terrorism. 

Somebody got killed by an illegal immigrant so the reaction is build a wall deport them all. 

Lots of people get killed by American citizens with guns so the obvious solution is to legalize silencers. Makes total sense.

If walls were a fool proof solution to our problem prisons would be the prime example of a safe space. They have inpenetrable walls and 24/7 law enforcement surveillance. Wonder if there are drugs and violence in there?

Spending billions and billions of dollars on a wall to enrich Trumps construction buddies will be an expensive monument to ignorance and racism. 

Oh shit. I just thought of something. We have another border up north. Not only could those scary bears that we arm our elementary school teachers to combat come down but so could drugs and immigrants and terrorists. GASP ! OMG ! I just realized we have waterways accessible to all types of evil doers. There could be terrorist sharks with drugs and who knows what else lurking. Thankfully we have the only man that can protect us in the oval office.
(01-27-2017, 12:59 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: In what part of my post did I mention money or healthcare?

You didn't.  But, I see those as some, but not all, of the economic issues adversely affecting people like me and you and our families.

I'm not getting ****** over by illegal immigrants.  I'm getting ****** over by corporate greed.  And corporate shysters like Trump blame the illegal immigrants instead of the company which pays foreign workers pennies on the dollar in third world sweat shops to make Trump labeled clothing which he profits from in a game of political three cared monty.  Or Trumps and his affiliates make money off of scams like Trump University which prey upon middle class Americans trying to better themselves and earn a better living for themselves and their family through education and career advancement.

That's why I say a wall to keep out illegal immigrants is misplaced anger.  We should be mad at them, but at the people using them as scapegoats to distract us from the corporate greed.
(01-27-2017, 01:22 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You didn't.  But, I see those as some, but not all, of the economic issues adversely affecting people like me and you and our families.

I'm not getting ***** over by illegal immigrants.  I'm getting ***** over by corporate greed.

Understand your point and well respected. Trying to bring light to why everyone does not agree the wall is a bad idea.
(01-27-2017, 01:10 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I'd wager the wall wont put a stop to crime drugs or terrorism. 

Somebody got killed by an illegal immigrant so the reaction is build a wall deport them all. 

Lots of people get killed by American citizens with guns so the obvious solution is to legalize silencers. Makes total sense.

If walls were a fool proof solution to our problem prisons would be the prime example of a safe space. They have inpenetrable walls and 24/7 law enforcement surveillance. Wonder if there are drugs and violence in there?

Spending billions and billions of dollars on a wall to enrich Trumps construction buddies will be an expensive monument to ignorance and racism. 

Oh shit. I just thought of something. We have another border up north. Not only could those scary bears that we arm our elementary school teachers to combat come down but so could drugs and immigrants and terrorists. GASP ! OMG ! I just realized we have waterways accessible to all types of evil doers. There could be terrorist sharks with drugs and who knows what else lurking. Thankfully we have the only man that can protect us in the oval office.

Read your post and please try to do better next time. I love you, I really really do. My friends tell me your a lovable poster and I trust my friends, their the best friends on the planet, trust me when I say they are great, and it's a big plant. A very very big planet. So if they say your great than you must be great because their really really good friends okay?
(01-27-2017, 01:36 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Read your post and please try to do better next time. I love you, I really really do. My friends tell me your a lovable poster and I trust my friends, their the best friends on the planet, trust me when I say they are great, and it's a big plant. A very very big planet. So if they say your great than you must be great because their really really good friends okay?

I thought it was fabulous. The most viewed post of all time. A group of people with some of the highest IQs you have ever seen helped write that post.
(01-27-2017, 01:30 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Understand your point and well respected. Trying to bring light to why everyone does not agree the wall is a bad idea.

I gotcha.  People are angry.  Angry for a lot of different reasons.  Hillary didn't lose the middle class because of the wall.  She lost the middle class because of the economy.  Among other things.  In my opinion. A wall won't make America great again.  I think a wall is like an Anti-Statue of Liberty monument.

Quote:Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

That's the poem inscribed on the Statue of Liberty.  To paraphrase Bill Murray, we are the wretched refuse.  We've been kicked out of all the other countries.

What are we going to put on the wall?  "Wretched refuse keep out"? "Wretched refuse need not apply"? "No shoes, no shirt, no wretched refuse, no service"?

I've never seen an election like the one we just had and I hope I never see another like it.

It's damn shame we didn't have the option to tell the parties, "These are the choices you're giving us?  The two most unpopular candidates ever?  Uh uh.  Go back to the drawing board.  Start over.  And don't come back until you've got some real damn choices. Not 'shit' and 'shittier.'"
(01-26-2017, 10:50 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Nah.... we use meth and heroin addicts, carrot and stick method.
I'd wager most of those would be on the rednecky side.

Seriously though.... it blows my mind how people have really bought into the us vs. them mentality.
Do they not understand the divide and conquer strategy, or at least the diversion the finger-pointing creates ?
I genuinely weep for our country.
Cry

Merging and expanding the power of corporations and the state, scapegoating society's weakest minorities, discrediting all news except for what comes from the leader, who is a strongman who subverts the government and rules by decrees... seems like there's a word for all this, but damned if I can remember what it is. Wink
(01-27-2017, 01:10 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I'd wager the wall wont put a stop to crime drugs or terrorism. 

Don't forget crony capitalism and Christian values. But seriously, it's the perfect compliment to the Statue of Liberty. They can alternate the panels with some having expressions like, "Screw you asshole, I got mine!" and others having the names of those who died trying to make it to the freest country on earth, the land of opportunity for every girl and boy.