Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Truth Social going public net Trump estimated 2 to 4 BILLION
Jeffrey Yass, a major donor to the Republican Party and causes, is a major stock holder in this new company. He is also a major stockholder in the Chinese controlled parent company of TikTok.

Guess who came out against the attempts to ban TikTok which he was once for? Its amazing how Trump's opinions seem to change as soon as he gets cash inflow from the influencer

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 05:35 PM)pally Wrote: Jeffrey Yass, a major donor to the Republican Party and causes, is a major stock holder in this new company.  He is also a major stockholder in the Chinese controlled parent company of TikTok.

Guess who came out against the attempts to ban TikTok which he was once for?  Its amazing how Trump's opinions seem to change as soon as he gets cash inflow from the influencer

If  your pocket is being greased, you'll flop too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 05:35 PM)pally Wrote: Jeffrey Yass, a major donor to the Republican Party and causes, is a major stock holder in this new company.  He is also a major stockholder in the Chinese controlled parent company of TikTok.

Guess who came out against the attempts to ban TikTok which he was once for?  Its amazing how Trump's opinions seem to change as soon as he gets cash inflow from the influencer

Can you provide the source? How much cash did Trump get from Yass? How much did Biden and Democrats get from Facebook and Zuckerburger? Why did they stop allowing political views from conservatives (not liberals) unless they approve it from known friends. There is so much crap in social media it is alarming. At least X allows the free flow of speech? Do you know hate speech is protected by the 1st amendment? i don't agree it should be, but it is. Suckerburger wants to control free speech, but only for conservatives. Is that cool with you?

As for TikTok, it appears the Biden campaign loves TikTok and has influencers peddling lies for them. So, why do you care if Trump likes or dislikes them when we know Biden/Harris love them.

You speak of campaign cash so where did Joe's money come from as he has received far more than Trump? I have a hunch if you dig deep enough, lots of dark money and campaign contributions violations. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
It appears closer to 4 billion for Trump's Truth Social. They start tomorrow under "DJT".
A legal business started and financed by Donald J. Trump.
We are still waiting to see the product or media source Joe Biden and family made tens of millions of dollars on from foreign entities.

Trump also makes Florida his home (stays in Florida 6 months or more a year. Smart man, his NY state tax and city tax liability is a lot less. I did the same in 2021, noy at his level, but left Mason, Ohio city tax and Ohio State tax for no income taxes in Florida.

Congrats President Trump, another successful business in your portfolio. Truth Social is based in Florida, not NY so the state of NY will get tax windfalls from this successful company. NY also can't leverage any properties outside of the state of NY. I see it as an issue, it will be overturned in time, but all of the media, James and Biden calling Trump a new nickname look very foolish. Biden called Trump broke Don days before Trump made 4 billion dollars.

Trump took a chance and built Truth Social's platform into a profitable company, it could have failed, but did not. He made a lot of people rich who invested with him. 

https://www.floridatoday.com/story/news/2024/03/22/truth-social-merger-in-florida-what-to-know-about-trump-venture/73068586007/

Although Trump's home is in South Florida's Mar-a-Lago, his business holding Trump Media & Technology Group – the parent of social media platform Truth Social – is headquartered on the state's Gulf Coast.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 09:18 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: If  your pocket is being greased, you'll flop too.

Just because Trump is a sellout doesn’t mean everybody is a sellout. There are actual quality humans out there.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 11:34 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It appears closer to 4 billion for Trump's Truth Social. They start tomorrow under "DJT".
A legal business started and financed by Donald J. Trump.
We are still waiting to see the product or media source Joe Biden and family made tens of millions of dollars on from foreign entities.

Trump also makes Florida his home (stays in Florida 6 months or more a year. Smart man, his NY state tax and city tax liability is a lot less. I did the same in 2021, noy at his level, but left Mason, Ohio city tax and Ohio State tax for no income taxes in Florida.

Congrats President Trump, another successful business in your portfolio. Truth Social is based in Florida, not NY so the state of NY will get tax windfalls from this successful company. NY also can't leverage any properties outside of the state of NY. I see it as an issue, it will be overturned in time, but all of the media, James and Biden calling Trump a new nickname look very foolish. Biden called Trump broke Don days before Trump made 4 billion dollars.

Trump took a chance and built Truth Social's platform into a profitable company, it could have failed, but did not. He made a lot of people rich who invested with him. 

https://www.floridatoday.com/story/news/2024/03/22/truth-social-merger-in-florida-what-to-know-about-trump-venture/73068586007/

Although Trump's home is in South Florida's Mar-a-Lago, his business holding Trump Media & Technology Group – the parent of social media platform Truth Social – is headquartered on the state's Gulf Coast.

Did they ever release their 4th quarter earnings report? I saw they have released the first 3 quarters of 2023. But not the 4th. Wonder why? If they were good I assume we would have seen them.

I was going to buy some weekly puts today but holy crap they are expensive.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 12:11 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Just because Trump is a sellout doesn’t mean everybody is a sellout. There are actual quality humans out there.

Funny a Biden supporter talking ethics. What did the Biden family give up for the tens of millions of dollars that went directly into their pockets, no employees, just straight from the foreign countries into shell bank accounts.

For the record, Trump is hated in the political world because he is too rich to be bought out. The rest on both sides of the aisle not so much.

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 12:20 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Did they ever release their 4th quarter earnings report? I saw they have released the first 3 quarters of 2023. But not the 4th. Wonder why? If they were good I assume we would have seen them.

I was going to buy some weekly puts today but holy crap they are expensive.

I know you are trying your best to make Trump and the company look bad, but the facts are the facts. If Trump owns 70% of the shares of a company started, I believe in 2020 and has a net value of 4 billion, that equates to the other 30% owned by others is valued at 1.8 billion. A lot of people are likely involved in the 30% ownership making them very happy campers on the R.O.I. (return on investment). 

I case you are unaware; stocks and commodities are heavily regulated by the S.E.C. (security exchange commission). If there is fraud, they would never have approved the merger. 

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 12:34 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Funny a Biden supporter talking ethics. What did the Biden family give up for the tens of millions of dollars that went directly into their pockets, no employees, just straight from the foreign countries into shell bank accounts.

For the record, Trump is hated in the political world because he is too rich to be bought out. The rest on both sides of the aisle not so much.

If there was any proof he would have been impeached already.

You sound like a raving lunatic worshiping Trump fyi. Seriously read your posts. The way you are talking about a man with that many bankruptcies and a gofundme to pay his bills, I picture you similar to a 90s tween with pics taken out of heartthrob magazine plastered all around your bed.

That level of idolization of an old man politician is just strange.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 12:11 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Just because Trump is a sellout doesn’t mean everybody is a sellout. There are actual quality humans out there.

Not likely in Politics.

The Average Joe Blow doesn't get these opportunities so it's easy for them to play that, "I would never" card. Yet you go on to the Media Platforms and watch them hop on one leg and bark like a dog for $100.
Reply/Quote
So, I haven't commented on these threads because I haven't been paying much attention to this news because, well, I just don't care. After reading some information on it and listening to some stock market folks talk about it, I have some thoughts.

First, my opinions on the stock market are what they are, and they are not great. This situation really does nothing to improve those views. That's kind of my preface to all of this.

Truth Social's financials really don't justify the amount the shares are going for. This is almost entirely propped up by the hype of Trump, which I suppose doesn't make it much different than much of Trump's businesses. All foam and no beer. All hat and no cattle.

The increase in wealth doesn't translate to much that is usable. There are limitations on what Trump can sell, and even if their weren't it would ruin the value of the company since it is propped up by him being involved in the way he is. There also isn't a high likelihood of any loan being taken out with the stock as collateral because of the hollow value that exists in it. Really, the biggest boost for Trump are the "he is so much wealthier now!" headlines. I'll be honest, it wouldn't surprise me to see him dump this all after losing the election or after a second term.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
https://www.google.com/search?q=ticker+DJT+stock&client=safari&sca_esv=82300cf3937c2883&source=hp&ei=rtkCZsrWHLWw0PEPk4WBuAc&iflsig=ANes7DEAAAAAZgLnvu1yLdn94ZSJ3A9p4KurqBUyrqrZ&ved=0ahUKEwjK5bnwj5KFAxU1GDQIHZNCAHcQ4dUDCBI&oq=ticker+DJT+stock&gs_lp=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-lP&sclient=gws-wiz

DJT ticker symbol trading today..and doing quite well at open. Trump owns over 40 percent of it.

It was halted early in the 1st hour due to volatility.

It will rise and fall based on political stories, imo. Day traders may gravitate to it.

My understanding is that there is a lock out period, but Trump probably has the ok to sell and the board would likely accommodate him.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 11:34 AM)Goalpost Wrote: https://www.google.com/search?q=ticker+DJT+stock&client=safari&sca_esv=82300cf3937c2883&source=hp&ei=rtkCZsrWHLWw0PEPk4WBuAc&iflsig=ANes7DEAAAAAZgLnvu1yLdn94ZSJ3A9p4KurqBUyrqrZ&ved=0ahUKEwjK5bnwj5KFAxU1GDQIHZNCAHcQ4dUDCBI&oq=ticker+DJT+stock&gs_lp=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-lP&sclient=gws-wiz

DJT ticker symbol trading today..and doing quite well at open. Trump owns over 40 percent of it.

It was halted early in the 1st hour due to volatility.

It will rise and fall based on political stories, imo. Day traders may gravitate to it.

My understanding is that there is a lock out period, but Trump probably has the ok to sell and the board would likely accommodate him.

I believe I heard Trump holds ~58% of the shares and the board is made up of his family and close allies. That being said, I don't think he will sell until he is done with politics because of the optics.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 11:43 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I believe I heard Trump holds ~58% of the shares and the board is made up of his family and close allies. That being said, I don't think he will sell until he is done with politics because of the optics.

Really, you think he cares about the optics?

I can see him holding stock because he doesn't want his main source of disinformation to go away but not because he cares what anyone thinks.  

He'd just say it was Biden's fault. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 11:46 AM)GMDino Wrote: Really, you think he cares about the optics?

I can see him holding stock because he doesn't want his main source of disinformation to go away but not because he cares what anyone thinks.  

He'd just say it was Biden's fault. Ninja

If he pulls out of the company by selling his shares then the company loses the only thing it has going for it since, you know, it loses money.

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 11:43 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I believe I heard Trump holds ~58% of the shares and the board is made up of his family and close allies. That being said, I don't think he will sell until he is done with politics because of the optics.

I heard someone say mid 40's but you could be right.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 11:59 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: If he pulls out of the company by selling his shares then the company loses the only thing it has going for it since, you know, it loses money.

But, IMHO, he'll have received his and that's all he cares about.  

I mean what will happen? He'll be investigated? POLITCAL WITCH HUNT!
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
Even Fox Business News said to be careful with this stock...if Trump loses in Nov, it will tank

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 11:59 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: If he pulls out of the company by selling his shares then the company loses the only thing it has going for it since, you know, it loses money.

Not necessarily. Jim Cramer said this morning that if he were Trump, he would ask the board for permission to sell some shares. Plus, it frees up shares for investors. Company executives sell stocks every day. Investors know people sell stocks to buy a house, pay for kids college, buy a boat, etc. Its when many executives sell off with no news is when they get spooked. As for DJT's case, if he were to sell some stock, the whole world would know why he was doing it, therefore, no panic. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/26/jim-cramer-donald-trump-should-ask-trump-media-board-to-waive-lockup.html

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 01:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Not necessarily. Jim Cramer said this morning that if he were Trump, he would ask the board for permission to sell some shares. Plus, it frees up shares for investors. Company executives sell stocks every day. Investors know people sell stocks to buy a house, pay for kids college, buy a boat, etc. Its when many executives sell off with no news is when they get spooked. As for DJT's case, if he were to sell some stock, the whole world would know why he was doing it, therefore, no panic. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/26/jim-cramer-donald-trump-should-ask-trump-media-board-to-waive-lockup.html

I was speaking more to a larger sell-off, like him pulling out for the most part. Honestly, if he sold some of his shares his followers would probably need to change their pants over the excitement of possibly being able to buy shares Trump himself once held.

I just cannot fathom the excitement over the stock given the performance of the company itself. It really reminds me of something.

Reply/Quote