Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Try LA’s Strategy?
Save the "win now" desperation for when Burrow is near the end of his career.

Right now is not the time to trade away the future. We are in the perfect position to be good for a long time.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 10:45 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I am all for trying to pull a disgruntled player away from their current franchise using a draft pick (or picks).

Perhaps the Bengals can solve their OT woes by trading the Jets for Mekhi Becton if the Jets end up re-signing Morgan Moses.
Becton is probably going to be better than just about any drafted OT or even most FAs.
He still has two more years on his rookie contract plus 5th year option.
On top of that, Pollack was his OL coach his rookie year and drafted him.

I haven't looked around for DBs, OGs, or DL but I bet there could be some appealing players at those positions too.

Yes, it is all about getting proven players. I don't like the Rams way, just saying I would trade picks for proven players
namely O-lineman now unlike in the past. Whatever way to get the best OL in front of Burrow is the way to go. Don't 
trade away our future though like the Rams did. They are win now or bust.

We are young. Our window is open, do what we can to get some quality proven OL like Becton.

(02-09-2022, 11:57 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I agree with others that the Rams way is not sustainable.  Sooner or later guys get old and if they miss on a 2nd or 3rd rounder it will set them back even more.  The financials will catch up with them.

True. Not for trading for older players who may be on their last leg. That is too big of a gamble for me.

It is working right now for the Rams with Stafford and Miller but who knows how long it will last and not having first round
picks can come back and bite you in the ass. Draft picks are more affordable and sometimes a great investment especially 
with DB's.
Reply/Quote